Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 10:52 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Waiting to hear how increasing taxes, will make people spend more..
The higher the taxes, the more likely I am to spend more on the business which is tax deductable.

Additionally, those "taxes" dont magically disappear to be never seen again. They are spent. And that money? is spent again quite often. The HOW they are spent is important here. If its spent in ways that are respent more then the person taxed would have spent....

And when more spending occurs...incomes go up.

That help any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:44 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Try to explain to me how taking money from people, causes them to spend more..
Wealthy always have ways of avoiding paying taxes. The middle class is what drives consumer spending...

Old 11-16-2016, 07:45 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Incorrect. Brownback compounded Kansas economic problems by going with failed economic ideas that resulted in job losses. Perhaps you should examine your backward economy and why you have so much less in the way of high skill and high wage jobs and the demand/need for immigrants at higher rates in other economic sectors? Or why educated residents keep fleeing the state for better opportunities elsewhere. Colorado economy is doing better than the Kansas economy. There are many reasons for that if you have any understanding of population demographics, in-migration of populations, and emerging economic clusters.
I said nothing about needing "immigrants". As far as I know, Kansas does not have that many immigrants coming in. What we have are illegal aliens who are multiplying like rabbits and sucking the teat of public assistance dry! They are ruining the schools because they can't speak English. I remember seeing parents trying to teach certain skills before the child could attend kindergarten and now these kids can't even speak the language! There aren't jobs for them here because so many unskilled jobs have become mechanized.

There are not jobs because they have been leaving the state for some time. The state was never heavily populated. Sebelius made it a requirement that insurance be a cadillac policies with lots of requirements when she was insurance commissioner. Private policies were 3 times what they were in NC where they were quite high.

Just the fact that you insist on calling illegal aliens "immigrants" means that attempting to have a civil conversation with you would not be possible.

The cost of living in KS is very low. If one understands the cost of living, it would certainly help them understand that in CO (drawing pot heads and homeless), wages will be high.

I am hoping that Kobach is chosen as member of Trump's staff as he has went hard against illegal aliens thus our requirement for photo ID in order to cast a vote.

I know a LOT of educated residents that aren't fleeing. I also am aware of many that left for higher wages only to realize that the cost of living made it impossible to live where they had moved.

I don't see the economics of KS as worse than many of the other states. Most of the hostility toward Kansas has to do with the religious right, especially abortion "rights" which stops the beating heart of another human being. I suspect that while Sebelius was governor, that is when the economy benefited from partial birth abortion, since most states were not promoting ending the life of a baby like that.

Conservative is good.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Democrats better study American history and the election results of 2010, 2014, and 2016. Threads like this prove they are incapable of learning from their many mistakes.
Really? Try and debunk the Kansas economic failures using supply-side economics, implemented on a large scale at the state level.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I said nothing about needing "immigrants". As far as I know, Kansas does not have that many immigrants coming in. What we have are illegal aliens who are multiplying like rabbits and sucking the teat of public assistance dry! They are ruining the schools because they can't speak English. I remember seeing parents trying to teach certain skills before the child could attend kindergarten and now these kids can't even speak the language! There aren't jobs for them here because so many unskilled jobs have become mechanized.

There are not jobs because they have been leaving the state for some time. The state was never heavily populated. Sebelius made it a requirement that insurance be a cadillac policies with lots of requirements when she was insurance commissioner. Private policies were 3 times what they were in NC where they were quite high.

Just the fact that you insist on calling illegal aliens "immigrants" means that attempting to have a civil conversation with you would not be possible.

The cost of living in KS is very low. If one understands the cost of living, it would certainly help them understand that in CO (drawing pot heads and homeless), wages will be high.

I am hoping that Kobach is chosen as member of Trump's staff as he has went hard against illegal aliens thus our requirement for photo ID in order to cast a vote.

I know a LOT of educated residents that aren't fleeing. I also am aware of many that left for higher wages only to realize that the cost of living made it impossible to live where they had moved.

I don't see the economics of KS as worse than many of the other states. Most of the hostility toward Kansas has to do with the religious right, especially abortion "rights" which stops the beating heart of another human being. I suspect that while Sebelius was governor, that is when the economy benefited from partial birth abortion, since most states were not promoting ending the life of a baby like that.

Conservative is good.
Wages are high in Colorado because the state has a far higher percentage of the population with a four year degree compared to Kansas. People go where jobs are, including immigrants- both legal and illegal. They aren't staying in Kansas if better opportunities exist elsewhere. The fact of the matter is Kansas wastes most of its tax dollars on corporate welfare that benefit suburban areas that don't need any subsidization. Meanwhile, the cities in the state continue to rot, certainly hurting people who are already of lower income as well as immigrants. The BLS data does indicate that Kansas lost jobs in percentage terms in the last year, one of the worst performances in the country. Maybe its time that you actually look at factual data instead of assuming you know what you are talking about?

Old 11-16-2016, 10:17 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Fantastic! Best news I heard since the election. Whoooopie! I'm Dancing!...........Wait a minute! I don't remember one specific job program Trump said he would start. Uh, would you mind naming one job program Trump said his is going to start? And I do mean, specific job program.
>>> He'd better get moving, he's been elected a week now already. Come to think of it, Obama better get moving on the same thing. He only has less than three months left.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The higher the taxes, the more likely I am to spend more on the business which is tax deductable.
If I'm spending more on business in order to reduce taxes, then I'm growing wealth, thereby increasing the wealth gap in the nation which you guys like to whine about so much..
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Additionally, those "taxes" dont magically disappear to be never seen again. They are spent. And that money? is spent again quite often. The HOW they are spent is important here. If its spent in ways that are respent more then the person taxed would have spent....

And when more spending occurs...incomes go up.

That help any?
Yes, much of it spent for things like welfare.. but if welfare stimulated more than jobs, (2.5 times as much per the Democratic argument when passing the Obama stimulus bill), then areas with high welfare would be booming economically..

They arent...

Democrats fail, at both education, and economics..

Old 11-16-2016, 01:07 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Fantastic! Best news I heard since the election. Whoooopie! I'm Dancing!...........Wait a minute! I don't remember one specific job program Trump said he would start. Uh, would you mind naming one job program Trump said his is going to start? And I do mean, specific job program.
Building a wall.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:19 PM

451 posts, read 235,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Trump will not learn. He picks Kobach and will likely choose Brownback for positions in his administration. Supply side economics and tax cuts have led to negative state level job growth. You can't cut everything to the bone and give the wealthiest a tax cut and expect prosperity. Trump wants to turn the Kansas experiment into a national experiment.

Let me see now.......after weeks where almost every poll picked Hillary to win and the media slobbered all over Hillary....TRump CRUSHES the election. And the Republicans control the House and the Senate!

Yet you feel that Trump will not learn. Well..... he learned one thing that career politician Hillary did not learn....Trump learned how to win an election.

Relax, Sparky, your President Elect Trump will do just fine.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Building a wall.
I don't think he's Gonna bus all those out of work people from the rust belt to the Texas, Arizona border and build housing for them. If history is any benchmark for the Donald, he will stay in character and outsource the labor to the Mexicans who will work for 1/3rd the cost of an American. Gotta keep the total tab for the wall below 25 billion, doncha know.

Last edited by mohawkx; 11-16-2016 at 02:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies