Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 01:25 PM

36,656 posts, read 67,506,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Neo-confederates!!!!!
What confederacy, CA is just 1 state. But I prefer an independent California to having dangerous Neo-Fascists leading the country, to be honest.

It's not just poor Latinos that have this administration seeing red, they apparently resent what they see as too many Asian CEOs in Silicon Valley.

That's right up my alley as a person of color( not Asian or Hispanic tho) that is in an executive management position in Silicon Valley.

Quote:
“When two-thirds or three-quarters of the CEOs in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think...” Bannon said. “A country is more than an economy. We’re a civic society.”
Steve Bannon Suggests There Are Too Many Asian CEOs In Silicon Valley | The Huffington Post

Trump aide Steve Bannon really hates Asian CEOs | Fusion

How does the race of CEOs in SV hinder the growth of a 'civic society'?

On the one hand, we're moochers, on the other hand we're uppity? So which is it Trumpsters?

And are yall going to send soldiers to seize our cars, homes, possessions, money etc if you think we're 'too' successful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 01:30 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,484,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I think that if they have found employment, got married, have US-born children that are in school, have bought a house and are actually living the dream, we need to be practical about it.

Not go off the deep end.
Uh huh, so if I rob a bank, or other unlawful act, I may be pardoned if I found a job, had kids, bought a house living the "dream", I can tell the judge and jury that they need to be practical and allow me to stay? What kind of convoluted logic is that? You must be one of those do good evangelicals who brought in millions of uneducated, poor refugees to feed at our federal giveaway trough for 7 guaranteed years. Our vets, homeless and poor should be first in line. Shame on you. Go say your rosary.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
I agree as long as they mean him following Federal law on the books isn't over reach.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
Uh huh, so if I rob a bank, or other unlawful act, I may be pardoned if I found a job, had kids, bought a house living the "dream", I can tell the judge and jury that they need to be practical and allow me to stay?
No you should be punished for robbing a bank.

The punishment for illegally crossing the border is a fine of up to $250 and up to 6 months in jail( most likely not).

If they agreed to the punishment prescribed by federal law, you folks should be pleased, right?

Old 11-17-2016, 01:42 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Yawns...they seem to manage the world's 6th largest economy quite well tho
You have no idea do you?

Fine, lets pull all of their funding from the feds.

Then get back to me how wonderful CA is in managing anything.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You have no idea do you?
You clearly dont.

Quote:
Fine, lets pull all of their funding from the feds.
Yawns.

STATES RANKED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DEPENDENCE
10 Most Dependent:
1 Mississippi-TRUMP<--Most dependent state
2 New Mexico-CLINTON
3 Alabama-TRUMP
4 Louisiana-TRUMP
5 Tennessee-TRUMP
6 Montana-TRUMP
7 South Dakota-TRUMP
8 Kentucky-TRUMP
9 West Virginia-TRUMP
10 Missouri-TRUMP
10 Least Dependent:
41 New York-CLINTON
42 New Hampshire-CLINTON
43 Minnesota-CLINTON
44 Nevada-CLINTON
45 Illinois-CLINTON
46 California-CLINTON
47 Kansas-TRUMP
48 New Jersey-CLINTON
49 Connecticut-CLINTON
50 Delaware-CLINTON<--Least dependent state

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...#main-findings

Quote:
Then get back to me how wonderful CA is in managing anything.
Quite well actually.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Yes. California is a sanctuary state-I would love nothing more than to have our state govt withhold OUR $400-$500 billion in annual tax payments to the tyrannical govt 3,000 miles away!
If you're serious: Calif's govt has a death wish cause the feds WILL start playing for keeps and; the CHP and so on WILL let Trump's crew take care of business.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:17 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
No they cannot take random amounts of money for no reason. I love how you have suddenly become huge fans of a heavy handed federal govt.

Indeed.
Did I say random amounts for no reason? If you fail to file income tax every April, you'll be audited. If it's determined that you made enough to owe tax and you refuse, they will garnish your wages to get what's owed. If you don't have a paycheck to garnish, they'll jail you.

Are you even an American citizen? This stuff is pretty basic.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
If you're serious: Calif's govt has a death wish cause the feds WILL start playing for keeps and; the CHP and so on WILL let Trump's crew take care of business.
Hahaha go ahead and send them over-see how it turns out.

You demand that we pay taxes but then refuse to spend any tax money here? And you think that's okay?

You negate your responsibility by forcing us to deal with undocumented residents and then get mad because we do?

And now we're the bad guy?

Hahaha

Old 11-17-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Did I say random amounts for no reason? If you fail to file income tax every April, you'll be audited. If it's determined that you made enough to owe tax and you refuse, they will garnish your wages to get what's owed. If you don't have a paycheck to garnish, they'll jail you.
Right, but these are individual instances.

Im talking about the state ordering all employers to redirect payroll taxes normally paid to the fed, to state taxes instead.

There's no precedent for that so your explantion doesnt apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies