Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:36 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes, right, and our 401Ks haven't done too badly since Trump got elected either! Thanks for that as well!
You`re thanking the wrong person. When Gomer left office the DOW was hanging around 7,000. I guess you just forgot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 12:53 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You`re thanking the wrong person. When Gomer left office the DOW was hanging around 7,000. I guess you just forgot.
Gomer? From the Andy Griffith show?

Old 11-17-2016, 01:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I don't have a high opinion of Bannon,"

The word "hypocrite" comes to mind.

"[/b]I am concerned about how he's going to separate himself from his businesses"

I suggest you watch the 60 Minutes interview
How am I a hypocrite?

As for Trump separating himself from his businesses, I did watch the 60 Minutes interview, and I'm still concerned.

Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Just where are all these comments about how smart liberals are or how we should look up to them? I've not seen any of those. Might disagree, of course, but what's all this other nonsense?

And why, I wonder, does it seem so often that conservatives make note and take offense about people who are well educated? Reminds me of when we were in grade school, and if a kid raised his hand to answer a question correctly, they were chastised for doing so, by most the other kids who could care less about learning in class...

Seems those kids have yet to grow up.
"I've not seen any of those

Not going to buy it!.

You spend enough time on these boards to see it.

But, as usual even when things are said directly to you, you ignore their existence.

You deny every thing said to you and then make like it wasn't said.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
" I don't have a high opinion of Bannon,"

"He graduated from Virginia Tech in 1976 and holds a master's degree in National Security Studies from Georgetown University. In 1983, Bannon received an M.B.A. degree with honors from Harvard Business School.[9]."

"Bannon was an officer in the United States Navy, serving on the destroyer USS Paul F. Foster as a Surface Warfare Officer in the Pacific Fleet and stateside as a special assistant to the Chief of Naval Operations at the Pentagon."
Not impressed:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...PcVc9BkloRQhDg

There are many wolves in sheep's clothing...

Old 11-18-2016, 06:49 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
This liberal hasn't gone away. I'm going to step away a little bit; I got way too involved in these forums and it's not healthy. I'll be waiting and watching, and wearing my "Don't blame me. I voted for Hillary." T-shirt.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
While some Trump supporters have speculated that liberals have gone away from this forum, it simply isn't true. The liberals weren't being paid by Hillary's campaign, and the liberals haven't gone away.

If there were any interesting threads, I might post more.

But I'm not interested in Trump's revolving door regarding his transition. It seems to be his style. His campaign management was in constant upheaval, his transition team seems to be in constant upheaval, I suspect his administration will be in constant upheaval. He's comfortable with this, and right now he's the President-elect, and while his actions bear watching, until he's actually done something, that's all his actions warrant.

He's named Bannon as his chief strategist. I don't know what his "chief strategist" is supposed to do. I don't have a high opinion of Bannon, but until we find out what a "chief strategist's" role is going to be in this administration, I don't see much value in speculating.

I am concerned about how he's going to separate himself from his businesses. His children were very involved with his campaign, but if they are going to be running his businesses, there needs to be a wall between them and their father's administration. But again, we don't know how Trump is going to construct that wall, and at this point I don't see much value in speculating.

In short, we can speculate endlessly, but I'm not all that interested, when we will actually see what will happen in short order.

I hope Trump does well as President, because it's in ALL our interests that he do well.

And as a liberal, I'll be here to criticize, as I'm sure many others will be, too.
Your skepticism is noted. I hope you enjoy the next 8+ years.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:04 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Default liberals haven't gone away...

The ones on Hillary's payroll have!

Old 11-18-2016, 08:41 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You lost me, and perhaps missed the comment I was replying to, but either way..., I surely DO remember what happened as Gomer left office. I don't think anyone who had a 401K will forget those fun times...

Thing about the haves versus the have nots, as one might consider by way of where lots of America's wealth is kept (in 401Ks, stocks, bonds, real estate, overseas), sure seems like no matter who is in office, the rich just keep getting richer over the long haul. The statistics make this clear when comparing those statistics now versus 1 decade ago, 2 decades back and further. Why? Because no matter who wins, the folks with the greatest wealth and power continue to maintain their wealth and power, and neither party is really any sort of threat to that status quo.

Trump's win, more specifically provided for a great profit-taking opportunity when the market plunged as it usually does during times of uncertainty, then roared back "above and beyond" once the reality that the status quo would surely be maintained with Trump as POTUS and/or regardless.

Meanwhile, Americans who have nothing in the way of property, 401Ks or savings, continue to struggle for something a little better than minimum wage and/or better than just making ends meet. At least Obama is leaving us better off than when he arrived, employment numbers too. Now we'll see what Trump, his conservative ideology and cabinet will do to either keep the wind in our sails or derail us yet again...

Last edited by LearnMe; 11-18-2016 at 08:56 AM..

Old 11-18-2016, 08:48 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
"I've not seen any of those

Not going to buy it!.

You spend enough time on these boards to see it.

But, as usual even when things are said directly to you, you ignore their existence.

You deny every thing said to you and then make like it wasn't said.
Rather than just say so, is it not simple enough to provide a direct quote or link that let's us see what you are talking about? Should be easy enough if there are so many such comments that I've missed and/or that you have read along the way. You have been at these threads for a lot longer than I have. I prefer proof rather than just talk in any case, so which thread/comment # can you point to that goes on about how smart liberals are and/or that "we should look up to them?"

I certainly don't recall any, but I certainly do recall many comments seemingly critical of further education, as if colleges and universities are breeding ground for nothing but treasonous Americans.

You're "not going to buy it?"

Surprise, surprise...

And BTW; I spend some time with some of these threads in the mornings after reading the news and emails and the likes on the computer, before getting on with my day. Always curious about comments like yours. Now too you claim I "ignore" this or that. Again, do you mind offering a specific or two, or do you just like to make empty accusations as if they are somehow supposed to be taken seriously? I really don't get that sort of thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies