Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Oh the basis of some of this person's previous posts, I am pretty sure you're mistaken.

Surely this isn't the first time you've seen or heard someone freak out about the idea of a Muslim in a position of authority. It's been going on since way before the beginning of this election cycle.

Please try to relax.

Thank you so much for stalking me.

Nobody is freaking out, all I did was report what was on CNN, and mention that maybe having the fox guarding the chickencoop wasn't a very good idea and I am attacked for 5 pages.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:14 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Love, love, love the word "poutrage!" Is it your creation, and if so, may I borrow it?
You must be new to the Internet.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:21 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
No, but they all seem to support terrorists. Seldom is there a peep from non radical muslims about muslim terrorism that has turned the world upside down.

And I seem to recall several instances of muslims that infiltrated the services attacking our soldiers when they were vulnerable.
I understand that..

I have couple of combat Marines friends who said they simply can't trust any of them, sadly, our personal experience defines our personal belief.

I also know many Marines who have no problems with Muslims. I think maybe there are different types of Muslims. For example, Ahmadiyya Muslim puts country first, I know a Muslim who serves in the Marine Corps, and he is the ahmadiyya Muslim who was born here in the U.S..

stay vigilant and keep an open mind seems like a good approach.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
There is in NYC. Proof:

NYPD - Application Process

Please go to the section titled "Additional Requirements.
Thank you for doing the legwork for the " women as the village well, on wash day" who seem inclined to believe speculation is fact.

As an aside, the first mosque was built in the 1920's in North Dakota by Syrian immigrants.

Qualified people of all faiths have been employed by municipal Police Forces, all along.

It must be exhausting for some to live their lives in a perpetual outrage state.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:25 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Right, however how many tattooed people did you know 30 years ago? and how many do you know now?

somehow Tattoos are the New American look...

...Even here in Mexico to hire Tattooed people in formal Jobs is kind of "No thank you"
I'm 55...my generation grew up listening to people who had tattoos (the older generation) tell us that got them because they were young and stupid so, very few of us got them. That older generation is gone now and the generations younger than me didn't grow hearing that so, it's all good to them.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
You mean like the laws being made to allow discrimination of gay and lgbt people on religious grounds?

Muslims KILL gay and lgbt people. That is a fact.
Indeed some Muslims do in some places.

And some Christians imprison or kill gays people some parts of the word, too.
Suspected lesbians are gang raped to show them what they are missing.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I understand that..

I have couple of combat Marines friends who said they simply can't trust any of them, sadly, our personal experience defines our personal belief.

I also know many Marines who have no problems with Muslims. I think maybe there are different types of Muslims. For example, Ahmadiyya Muslim puts country first, I know a Muslim who serves in the Marine Corps, and he is the ahmadiyya Muslim who was born here in the U.S..

stay vigilant and keep an open mind seems like a good approach.
I would not trust or distrust anyone based solely on their religious identity.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:34 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I would not trust or distrust anyone based solely on their religious identity.
Like I said, many people's personal belief is based on personal experiences. I don't judge either way.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:40 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Poor little flower. Need a hug? Counseling? A safe space? A tissue?
LOL

So far in this thread I've been called a white nationalist, a liberal, a conservative republican, something about tattoos, and who knows what else is coming. But no, I'll try to pull my shattered soul together and recover what is left of my life and carry on protecting freedom and liberty and the American Way.

BTW - I wanna thank all the CD right wingers for hopping in here and sticking up against this liberal onslaught.

Oh and Ootas - thank you so much for pointing out the one spelling error in my ten posts of poutrage.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:41 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:
No, they are muslims who happen to LIVE in America. No rule about being a citizen to be a cop, I don't think.

And your point is exactly what I was saying. Muslims are taking us over from within.

BTW- I am just reporting what the Mayor said.

To be hired in any job in the US, you legally have to be a citizen. While large corporations have been getting away with it, do you really think the police department could do that? I mean, really?

Plenty of Muslims have lived in America since before it was even a country. Unless those 900 are demanding Sharia Law replace civil law, I have absolutely no issue with them. Respect the rules of a secular republic and I could not give less of a **** what you "believe."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies