Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 05:36 PM

516 posts, read 426,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
memo to Trump

there are these things in America called "universities", (wow!)
they have a lot of educated and experienced professionals
in them... you don't have to dumpster-dive for politicians
to assume work that's supposed to be done by statesmen
and stateswomen...

what happened to the 155 IQ ?
Why don't you go apply for the job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 05:48 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,875,528 times
Quote:
SC Gov. Haley reportedly being considered for Trump’s Secretary of State

rly. A 44 year old woman from farmland South Carolina,

sure, she really knows a lot about the world...

NOT !

at this point, please, just "hire" Omarosa !!
She's just a popular, female, minority Republican, born to immigrants, and a successful governor instrumental in removing the Confederate flag, whose achievements include improving race relations in the Deep South.
Oh no, that would send a terrible message.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:51 PM

5,075 posts, read 2,281,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Just eating pop-corn, watching the show. Think they figuring out its not a royal dynasty. Pence came in and threw out the lobbyists. He is helping arrange something that makes sense. But hear my most unliked gov going tomorrow. Tricky Ricky from fla.. Ugh. Maybe he can sweep floors - anyhow pass the soda
Ah yes, the popcorn. Liberals are always munching on popcorn for some reason.

Dude, settle down. You're up-at-arms about a rumor that someone may be nominated for Secretary of State? And even if she is in consideration you know full well why that would be: she's an Indian woman.
Is this how you guys plan to carry on for the next four years of your lives? I mean really?

Old 11-16-2016, 05:52 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,435,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
She's just a popular, female, minority Republican, born to immigrants, and a successful governor instrumental in removing the Confederate flag, whose achievements include improving race relations in the Deep South. Oh no, that would send a terrible message.
As I recall, being born to immigrants and being instrumental in removing the Confederate flag are anathema to many Trumptoids.

I've seen a couple of people state that anyone without a native-born parent should not be an American citizen.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:55 PM

35,400 posts, read 20,773,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Ah yes, the popcorn. Liberals are always munching on popcorn for some reason.

Dude, settle down. You're up-at-arms about a rumor that someone may be nominated for Secretary of State? And even if she is in consideration you know full well why that would be: she's an Indian woman.
Is this how you guys plan to carry on for the next four years of your lives? I mean really?
I eat popcorn to keep mi mouth shut.. Can't say anything now... But I'm not worried, I said - pence on the job...

Old 11-16-2016, 06:01 PM

1,008 posts, read 484,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
As I recall, being born to immigrants and being instrumental in removing the Confederate flag are anathema to many Trumptoids.

I've seen a couple of people state that anyone without a native-born parent should not be an American citizen.
Immigrants rock and IDGAF about the Confederate flag.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:06 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,875,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post

That's like 1% of Trump voters.
SC voted for Haley and Trump.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:24 PM

17,653 posts, read 13,492,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Most people opposed to moving it.. Really didn't care about the flag.. it was more someone else telling us to do something - that's what we didn't like. New Yorkers and Californians telling us what we should do.. Yep.. That generally doesn't end well for them.
This is actually pretty funny since the entire south including South Carolina just voted in a New York plutocrat "to tell them what they should do."

It will be interesting how many people in Trump's administration will have southern roots considering how strong his support has been in that region.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:29 PM

1,504 posts, read 845,816 times
Quote:
memo to Trump

there are these things in America called "universities", (wow!)
they have a lot of educated and experienced professionals
in them... you don't have to dumpster-dive for politicians
to assume work that's supposed to be done by statesmen
and stateswomen...

what happened to the 155 IQ ?
I would rather have an uneducated intelligent good person running things than some snoot academic egg head whos thought patterns are institutionalized by an institution...such as a university....and please no more god damned lawyers...they are criminal...sneaky and they lie.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:31 PM

37,754 posts, read 40,836,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Whether or not the OP's comments are premature is one thing. However, I am getting really tired, as a registered Independent, of being told to "move", "shut up", "go to my safe space", etc. if I should dare to make any criticism of any action that the President-elect takes. It doesn't work that way. In the United States, we still have freedom of speech, and are allowed to criticize whom we please. We are not required to agree with the winning party's actions just because they won, just as they didn't agree with the previous administration's actions when they were in power. That's just the way the system works - at least for now.
You forgot, go put on a helmet and pick up your trophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies