Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 06:54 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
This 21st century mom, retired high school teacher/librarian, always worked. Grew up in a rough neighborhood, involved in community government and church, raised and educated productive citizen young adults. I truly admire this millennial generation.
I would love nothing more than to see my little grandchildren grow up to be tolerant, well-spoken, and compassionate citizens who don't need to scream, spit, or speak crassly to be heard or succeed in life.
Trump's comment was made in a private discussion. It wasn't a public speech.

As far as the 'scream, spit, or speak crassly to be heard or succeed in life' bit, Hillary screeched and shrieked her way through the election, and called half the US voting constituency deplorable. Publicly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 08:31 AM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Has anyone heard the way young women talk today?? I am 30 so it's not like I am really old but I have spent lot of time with younger women and hearing them curse like sailors, talk blatant sexual talk, talk really gross is quite common.
Have you heard the expression "water seeks its own level?" You choose to be exposed to this filthy talk. And worse, you are making that choice for your daughter.

If "gross" talk is common amongst your social circle, seek better quality people to associate with. You owe it to your daughter not to expose her to that lunacy.

If these foul mouthed women work with you, seek a different job and file a complaint with the HR dept.

If these young women are family members, refuse to associate with them.

Stop the whining. Get an education. Take the initiative to change your life.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Yes, completely! It's absurd to think "Oh no! Us women are going to live like in the 50s!". All the while in other places like Europe where women in power are all for letting in those that would love nothing more than to bring women to prehistory levels get off without hardly any complaints from feminists!
Marlenie, you've no idea what you're saying. Please provide evidence that women believe Trump will have them living like women in the 50s. In what way? Specificity please.

How did women live during "prehistory levels?" All the women "in power" in Europe? Really? Link?

For your daughter's sake, get an education.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:14 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
The Million Whiner March is already succumbing to infighting. The Black women are telling the White women that they have to recognize their White privilege. And the March organizers banned a Right To Life women's group from participation (as if they're not actually women just as much as the pro-abortion contingent ).

Old 01-17-2017, 07:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Have you heard the expression "water seeks its own level?" You choose to be exposed to this filthy talk. And worse, you are making that choice for your daughter.

If "gross" talk is common amongst your social circle, seek better quality people to associate with. You owe it to your daughter not to expose her to that lunacy.

If these foul mouthed women work with you, seek a different job and file a complaint with the HR dept.

If these young women are family members, refuse to associate with them.

Stop the whining. Get an education. Take the initiative to change your life.

If....If....If.

Even with that qualifier, you are still assuming.

You don't know her level of education. Perhaps she is a teacher in a troubled area.

Perhaps you can point me to a post that references that she has a daughter. She doesn't mention in the post you are replying to that she even has any children.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:04 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times
Trump won the largest woman demographic. These women are protesting the results of their own kind's votes. They are protesting women's suffrage.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And the March organizers banned a Right To Life women's group from participation (as if they're not actually women just as much as the pro-abortion contingent ).
^^^^^ This is why I clicked on this thread...to see if someone had posted this. The organizers are what I refer to as 'lockstep progressives'.....variance on an issue that isn't the direct focus of the protest - not allowed.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:20 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
I think many will show up, and I have no idea what they'll actually be protesting

I don't think they have any idea, either

Old 01-17-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Marlenie, you've no idea what you're saying. Please provide evidence that women believe Trump will have them living like women in the 50s. In what way? Specificity please.

How did women live during "prehistory levels?" All the women "in power" in Europe? Really? Link?
^^^^^ I agree.

Quote:
For your daughter's sake, get an education.
While her writing could improve, how do you know what level of education she has attained? Can you point me to posts that reveal or a post that revels her level of education, and that she has a daughter?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:49 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
https://www.womensmarch.com/sisters/

Sore losers that Trump won? Canada? London? While I do agree that Trump Election started all this in the US, it goes far beyond him and his attitude towards women. It also includes basic civil rights for all, including "Gay" Men, "Mexican" Men, "Muslim" Men, "Poor" Men too. Discrimination is discrimination no matter who it is directed at.

It is an American President dissing about every major race, ethnicity,disability, and religion, not solely gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies