Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:27 PM

122 posts, read 372,660 times

Advertisements

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
  1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
  2. End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
I worked under a Fidelity umbrella company for 29 years. My job was offshored to India this past year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 12:36 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
I worked under a Fidelity umbrella company for 29 years. My job was offshored to India this past year.
Yeah, there is no reason for that. I like that proposal as well.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:21 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,990,305 times
You do know that Trump made up this so called "Off-Shoring Act" and there really is no such thing.

For the last 7 years, attempts to introduce legislation to end tax breaks for companies to shift income to out of country entities and avoid US taxes has been killed by the GOP each time. The business lobby which even the president elect depends on for his income, will never allow it. There will probably some token legislation that sounds like relief, but in the end, any benefit of any legislature will first be for the business and elite before it has any (if any) benefit to you.

Quote:
Did you speak up 29 years ago when the average blue collar job was being sent overseas? Did you speak up 25 years ago when business were switching to cheaper imports over American products just to offer you a cheaper product? Did you protest when these tax breaks caused your 401K investments to skyrocket on the backs of the working class? Were yuo picking where and what you buy based on the employment practices of the company?

How much over the past 29 years have you even thought about what was happening to all the other millions of jobs that were lost to foreign competition, off shoring, or cheap imports?

Bet you, like everyone else now whining like a baby over their lost jobs, sat there doing squat until it was your turn. Guess what, the time to have spoken up was when it started, not just when it impacts you, because the whole off shoring jobs boat has sailed and it's docked in another country with no plans to come back. And be it apathy, ignorance or it doesn't affect me, you helped push that ship away from the dock and with most Americans ignorant buying habits, they tore the dock apart. Now they are whining about it....

You had your chance with the "Occupy" movement but guess what, Nobody gave a rat's about you anymore. So, either embrace the change or get use to asking if a person would like fries with their order! Either way, we don;t care anymore about your job, bring in the foreigners who are so much better employees than the crop of lazy oafs this country produces.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:23 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
You do know that Trump made up this so called "Off-Shoring Act" and there really is no such thing.

For the last 7 years, attempts to introduce legislation to end tax breaks for companies to shift income to out of country entities and avoid US taxes has been killed by the GOP each time. The business lobby which even the president elect depends on for his income, will never allow it. There will probably some token legislation that sounds like relief, but in the end, any benefit of any legislature will first be for the business and elite before it has any (if any) benefit to you.

Did you speak up 29 years ago when the average blue collar job was being sent overseas? Did you speak up 25 years ago when business were switching to cheaper imports over American products just to offer you a cheaper product? Did you protest when these tax breaks caused your 401K investments to skyrocket on the backs of the working class? Were yuo picking where and what you buy based on the employment practices of the company?

How much over the past 29 years have you even thought about what was happening to all the other millions of jobs that were lost to foreign competition, off shoring, or cheap imports?

Bet you, like everyone else now whining like a baby over their lost jobs, sat there doing squat until it was your turn. Guess what, the time to have spoken up was when it started, not just when it impacts you, because the whole off shoring jobs boat has sailed and it's docked in another country with no plans to come back. And be it apathy, ignorance or it doesn't affect me, you helped push that ship away from the dock and with most Americans ignorant buying habits, they tore the dock apart. Now they are whining about it....

You had your chance with the "Occupy" movement but guess what, Nobody gave a rat's about you anymore. So, either embrace the change or get use to asking if a person would like fries with their order! Either way, we don;t care anymore about your job, bring in the foreigners who are so much better employees than the crop of lazy oafs this country produces.
They spoke up when thy elected Trump.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:56 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Talk is cheap, like Trump says in one episode of the Apprentice. Let's see in his first term will he produce job growth or will any recession hamper it.

I voted for Trump knowing that I was prepared for a recession but I rather hold Trump to his words than see Hillary tell the American people to retrain and compete.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
So? You need to learn how to be competitive globally. If someone in India can do your job cheaper, then why shouldn't Fidelity take advantage of the opportunity? The function of a publicly-traded corporation is to make money for share-holders, not pamper employees.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:04 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:

They are all FOS just like the fake so called news sites that they get their education from. No one said a word because some of these posters are 16 years old and get their info on Facebook bogus newz.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:11 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So? You need to learn how to be competitive globally. If someone in India can do your job cheaper, then why shouldn't Fidelity take advantage of the opportunity? The function of a publicly-traded corporation is to make money for share-holders, not pamper employees.

Exactly. If you don't have the wherewithal to become a c-level executive with a golden parachute(so you can profit even if you are incompetent), why do you deserve anything more than a run down apartment in the ghetto and enough ramen noodles and tap water to keep your children conscious long enough to be counted by the census? Your replacement in New Delhi lives with his wife and 7 kids in a studio apartment with one drafty window and no air conditioning. It is only your hubris that gives you delusions that your condition should be any more elevated.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Congress disagrees with you

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/s3816

Old 11-18-2016, 08:33 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,990,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is no such thing as an existing "Offshoring Act" that Trump wants to repeal., It does not exist, never had, was made up by him! So, he can not repeal what does not exist!

What he and you are confusing is that there are many parts of IRS regulations that have allowed business to exploit loopholes where they can send work off shore and deduct the cost associated with that move as business expenses. I use that loophole to maximize my profits as often as possible. However, these are multiple regulations scattered within the IRS code plus other regulations related to commerce and are not a single act that created them. They developed over years of trade, business, and international policies. All mentions of an "Offshoring Act" prior to Trump making it sounds like such an act exist, has been legislators introducing bills with the term "OFF SHORING" and "ACT" together as a way to identify a Bill that is aimed at closing these loopholes that allow us to make money by shipping jobs overseas.

So, once again, he can't repeal a existing "Off Shoring Act" when such an act does not exist to be repealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies