Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 11:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder
No it is about equal. Do you forget leading up to the election most republicans felt trump was going to lose and vowed to prevent any Supreme Court justices to be appointed by Hillary. That's some hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I think you are confused or just plainly misinformed. It was Obama not Hillary that nominated a SC Judge that was rejected by republicans in Obama's lame duck last year.
The fact is if Hillary was elected President she would have nominated someone and whoever that was would have been confirmed without using the Nuclear Option just like the two liberals Judges that Obama nominated and were passed overwhelmingly.
The only hate I see right now are democrats obstructing everything in both houses of congress only because of their hate for Trump.
Wait.... also liberal leaning destructive violence in the street and college campuses that never happens on the conservation side.
A) Obama's nomination wasn't "rejected." The Republicans refused to even have hearings.
B) WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has existed with its full complement of nine justices for close to 150 years, no matter who occupied the White House. Now some Republican lawmakers suggest they would be fine with just eight for four years more rather than have Hillary Clinton fill the vacancy.

Quote:
“If Hillary Clinton becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court,” North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr said

Old 04-07-2017, 11:45 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Don't you remember? He said he was against foreign intervention when he ran. You're not saying he lied are you?
You don't think the pictures of gassed civilians including women and children had something to do with Trump changing his mind?
Didn't Obama say something about pulling our military out of the middle east? Didn't Obama draw a red line and said there were consequences? Were those a lies? Obama orders 6000 troops in Iraq.

https://wearechange.org/pentagon-don...ps-iraq-syria/

Old 04-07-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
You don't think the pictures of gassed civilians including women and children had something to do with Trump changing his mind?
Didn't Obama say something about pulling our military out of the middle east? Didn't Obama draw a red line and said there were consequences? Were those a lies? Obama orders 6000 troops in Iraq.

Trump didn't seem to be bothered when Saddam "threw a little gas" that happened to kill thousands of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQx7A0-d4jk

Nor did Trump care in 2013, when Syria gassed 1,000 civilians.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Every president inherits some mess by the previous president. Obama inherited the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Trump didn't inherit anything about Syria from Obama. This is all on him from what happens now going forward
I agree...Syria is all on Trump now. But Obama's inaction and phony red lines hasn't given Trump much choice.

Death Toll From War in Syria Now 470,000, Group Finds

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/w...oup-finds.html

Old 04-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:

See post #77

Old 04-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So you think he's a dictator and shouldn't get Congressional approval and do whatever and whenever he wants when he thinks it is appropriate?
I don't recall Slick Willie getting approval from Congress when he bombed Iraq in 1998. Or when he bomb a pill factory in Sudan.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:55 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
It's funny to see Democrats allying themselves with Vladimir Putin on this issues.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
On this Syria deal he is like a bull in a china shop.
That maybe better then a balloon toy in a cutlery shop.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:27 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
A cop out if you ask me...

Your prior comment was about why anyone is still listening to Trump. I explained why I do. Now all this a bit more/much as if there is no sifting through the BS until we do move forward (or backward) as a country one way or another.

Needless to say, I too get frustrated about all the nonsense coming from all directions. Get in line, but this doesn't mean we should focus only on the nonsense and not pay attention to what actually transpires when the nonsense evolves to actions of consequence.

I am not an Independent for a variety of reasons, and although there are those who argue their position "for narrow partisan reasons," we also must all recognize that sometimes that partisanship is the necessary pressure to keep the other side "honest." Much like a court of law needs both a strong prosecution as well as defense. Both sides competing with all they have to argue their case, win their argument. Same in politics, or we risk an imbalance toward one side over the other.

To sit in the middle of the cross-fire and point fingers in every direction with this argument that "both sides are hurting America" doesn't change the arguments from either side, doesn't do anything really but sideline yourself, but no doubt if you are asked a specific question about a political issue, you will ultimately land on one side or the other, just like everyone else when all is said and done...
Yes, I have my opinions but I relate to issues case by case. I don't (and cannot) endorse one side exclusively when I disagree with so many things they do. Hurting this country for narrow (and short lived) partisan "wins" is a daily occurrence.
The budget is such case.
Trump will issue his budget with total disregard to congress and the opposition. In lack of any agreement, it will not pass and get stuck. Eventually it will lead to another sequester. Only America and the American people have something to lose. But it won't personally hurt any on the fighting sides.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:17 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
The missile attack turns out to be a waste of 70 mil. It comes out that there are no further plans after the attack. What is wrong with the POTUS. Put a story on TV and we may go to war. No wonder he wants to give the military budgets a HUGE increase.

This was an excuse for an attack to increase poll numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies