Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 05:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
I pulled these links to articles from all over the political spectrum. You may have to read down to paragraphs which talk about removing lobbyists and other Washington insiders.

How has it escaped you that the very reason for the current uproar about The Donald's appointees is that it is contrary to his pledge to remove Washington insiders. Surprisingly, even the White Supremists are furious with Trump, along with many other supporters that feel they were lied to.

Too late folks. You broke it (our government) - you own it. I guarantee that you will painfully be made aware of your error in supporting this blowhard in the months and years to come.

Donald Trump promised to 'drain the swamp' in Washington, D.C. - DecodeDC Story

John Stossel: President-elect Trump, I wish you lotsa luck draining the swamp | Fox News

Donald Trump wants to 'drain the swamp' in Washington by putting term limits on Congress - LA Times

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...rain-the-swamp

Donald Trump Promises Flood-Ravaged Town to

Trump calls to

Trump Unveils Ethics and Lobbying Reforms - The Atlantic

President-Elect Trump Begins Draining The Swamp | Partisan Lines

http://www.globalresearch.ca/donald-...cklash/5557202
I don't think Trump was promising not to have insiders or rich people. I think he was referring to corrupt elitists who served their own interests and not those of the American people.

Now could these nominees turn out to be corrupt elitists who serve themselves at the expense of the American people? Sure. I am not a Trump supporter, so I will be keeping an eye out for that.

But it does not follow that he should nominate people with no records, no real accomplishments and no real skills for the job just so that leftist notions of political correctness can be appeased. It is time to get some people in there to clean up the crap-storm of corruption that the Obama regime has left throughout our government and it is going to require capable people to get that done.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:11 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,694,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did not have to read past the bold part, you blew your own statement.....since when are lobbyist and washingtion insiders appointed by congress or considered "cabinet" members, which is clearly what we are talking about....
OK, this conversation began when you used a narrow definition of Trump's "Drain The Swamp" pledge.

Trump pledged to remove lobbyists and other Washington insiders from government, yet he has done just the opposite, starting with his transition team. The link below will show you how many lobbyists and former insiders that he has already hired.

See Who Is On Donald Trump's Transition Team, Including Lobbyists And Loyalists : NPR

Now, if you had said that a new administration needs some experienced, knowledgeable Washington insiders on the team in order to hit the ground running on inauguration day, I would agree. The point is, however, that Trump promised otherwise.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:03 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
OK, this conversation began when you used a narrow definition of Trump's "Drain The Swamp" pledge.

Trump pledged to remove lobbyists and other Washington insiders from government, yet he has done just the opposite, starting with his transition team. The link below will show you how many lobbyists and former insiders that he has already hired.

See Who Is On Donald Trump's Transition Team, Including Lobbyists And Loyalists : NPR

Now, if you had said that a new administration needs some experienced, knowledgeable Washington insiders on the team in order to hit the ground running on inauguration day, I would agree. The point is, however, that Trump promised otherwise.
No, 3 posts above your initial post to me was your buddy goodnight who clearly stated:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well now that's a different tune, one if the largest complaints against Clinton was her connections to Wall St but now you just want to get rid of people in congressional appointments, interesting. I think he did select several congressmen, I know they are different

People whined about the Clinton Foundation for years, now we have a presdient with many private interests and he stated that there is no conflict of interest. I'm sure to be fair he will receive equal criticisim.
Here is the first person your article talks about:
Quote:
A former officer in the Navy, Ron Nicol has worked as a senior adviser to The Boston Consulting Group (the same company where Mitt Romney got his start) since January of 2016. According to his bio on BCG's website, Nicol's focus is on telecommunications and airlines. Prior to his work at BCG, he worked at Babcock and Wilcox, an energy and environmental technology company.
How is this guy a lobbyist or a washingtion insider?

Here is the second guy:

Quote:
Keith Kellogg is a retired Army lieutenant general who endorsed Trump last summer. He served two tours in Vietnam and was chief of staff for the 82nd Airborne Division in Operation Desert Storm. Since retiring from the military, Kellogg has worked for a number of defense and homeland security contractors.
How is this guy a lobbyist or a washingtion insider?

And to be honest, your article lost tons of credibility when they stated "Most are white men."

Old 12-09-2016, 06:24 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Somehow I think you would be singing a different tune were it Clinton who had hired Goldman Sachs to run the economy and a pro-immigration, anti-worker, fast food magnate to be in charge of labor. The most hopeful outcome is that these men know how to do both go and bad for working people. While they have spent their lives doing bad, maybe they will do some good under Trump's direction. In any case, we can all, including you, keep an open mind and see what comes of it.
But of course, we know that Bill Clinton DID have a Secretary of the Treasurer from Goldman Sachs - YAWN
We have to go all the way back to the Reagan Administration to find a Secretary of the Treasury who did not come from Financial origins (Howard Baker) - Larry Summers (and at least one other) had a more Academic background, but still ties to Banking.

This is a pretty Bi-Partisan Deal -- Treasury Secretaries are tied to Banking and the Financial World.
I actually remember back in the Olden Days when NODODY cared about the Secretary of the Treasury and it was considered nothing more that the "guy who got to sign the Money".

Times have "Changed".

Old 12-09-2016, 08:49 PM

269 posts, read 134,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am going to make this as easy as possible for you to understand... Losers don't get to choose who is on the cabinet, in fact, your opinion is completely irrelevant...
Considering nothing in my post was trying to pick who is in Trump's cabinet...

Yeah you have no point.

But Trump is straight punking his supporters and proving they don't give one damn about any of the reasons they gave for supporting Trump.

Trump has hired not one person who has fought corruption, isn't wealthy, or whom has done anything for working Americans.

But hey "liberals hate the picks" so that means they must be great. Lol

Old 12-09-2016, 08:52 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
Considering nothing in my post was trying to pick who is in Trump's cabinet...

Yeah you have no point.

But Trump is straight punking his supporters and proving they don't give one damn about any of the reasons they gave for supporting Trump.

Trump has hired not one person who has fought corruption, isn't wealthy, or whom has done anything for working Americans.

But hey "liberals hate the picks" so that means they must be great. Lol
You lost and Trump don't care what anti-Trumpers like you think... in fact nobody does... sorry, you are just not even remotely that important... not even a little bit... in fact, it's smaller than the smallest subatomic particle...

Old 12-09-2016, 08:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
True, its crazy what Trump is doing to his supporters. They were talking about how Trump was the opposite of Goldman Sachs/George Soros funded Hillary. And then Trump goes on and names George Soros partner and Goldman Sachs big wig Steve Mnunchin as Treasury Secretary and Goldman Sachs president Gary Cohn to head his economic team. Trump is playing a cruel joke on working class Americans.
OR ..... it could be possible that Mr Trump knows a bit more than the Leftist do about his Agenda.
It's not like they have EVER figured out what he is doing.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:56 PM

You'd think Trump being the outsider brought in to drain the swamp, stop us from being ruled by elites, stop crony capitalism, and stop the gravy train of politicians profiting off of being in government, he'd pick some members of his cabinet who are reformers of government, or who have a history of fighting corruption, or who have a history of standing up to crony capitalism, or who have a history of fighting for American workers.

He couldn't find one so far, but yeah him hiring the same old elites, the same old political hacks, and him refusing to come clean about his financial records so we can see any possible corruption on his part is all just a precursor to him really draining the swamp. Lol

Trump is punking his supporters in front of everyone proving they don't care about any of that stuff

Old 12-09-2016, 08:59 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refineryworker73 View Post
You'd think Trump being the outsider brought in to drain the swamp, stop us from being ruled by elites, stop crony capitalism, and stop the gravy train of politicians profiting off of being in government, he'd pick some members of his cabinet who are reformers of government, or who have a history of fighting corruption, or who have a history of standing up to crony capitalism, or who have a history of fighting for American workers.

He couldn't find one so far, but yeah him hiring the same old elites, the same old political hacks, and him refusing to come clean about his financial records so we can see any possible corruption on his part is all just a precursor to him really draining the swamp. Lol

Trump is punking his supporters in front of everyone proving they don't care about any of that stuff
You don't know anything... and you know even less about Trump... sorry we don't care about your whining that you know zero about...

Old 12-09-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You lost and Trump don't care what anti-Trumpers like you think... in fact nobody does... sorry, you are just not even remotely that important... not even a little bit... in fact, it's smaller than the smallest subatomic particle...
Yep, keep focusing off of Trump punking his own supporters.

Drain the swamp, Preventing elites from ruling us, Fighting crony capitalism,
Fighting for American workers

I'm sure Trump will get right on that based on his cabinet picks not giving a damn about doing any of those things in their whole careers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies