Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 08:20 AM

325 posts, read 153,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
She already declined... the Democrats bribed her to stay.... The West Virginia guy declined also for energy... I wonder what they got.... I hope it's worth it when Trump campaigns for their opponent....
Ah I didn't know that. Hmm should be interesting then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump nominates Robert Lighthizer as his U.S. Trade Representative. Lighthizer was formerly the Deputy US Trade Representative under Reagan and he is now a partner at a major D.C. law firm who specializes in trade litigation. He has been critical of China for "rigging" trade in its favor, and also of our government for enabling the Chines to do so.

As quoted from the article below, Lightinger wrote: “How does allowing China to constantly rig trade in its favor advance the core conservative goal of making markets more efficient? Markets do not run better when manufacturing shifts to China largely because of the actions of its government.”

It is hard to say which of Trump's more provacative campaign promises he really intends to keep at this point, but it does appear clear that he intends to keep the one about taking on the Chinese and their biased trade policies.
Sounds good to me!

Old 01-03-2017, 02:13 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Based on? Wishful thinking?

Even some of my Republican friends are concerned.
Cool story, any more fairy tales you want to tell me? Maybe Ronald Reagan told you something too..

Old 01-03-2017, 07:38 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,431,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Do you know anything about the TX ag commissioner???
I don't think so---but it would not matter to you

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12...ke-news-flows/

Trump now floating the name of George Conway--Kellyanne's husband--as Solicitor General
He us long time conspiracy buff, friend of Roger Stone and Paul Manafort
Likely going to be nail in coffin for any chance at keeping Trump half-way ethical

Lower profile than his wife but more dangerous in that position
What does a Sid Miller story have to do with Trump's cabinet? Miller is not on any Trump appointment list.

OBTW, the Texas Tribune is a liberal-leaning publication, very quick to trash any non-liberal.

Always helps to know the bias in any given publication.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:01 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Based on? Wishful thinking?

Even some of my Republican friends are concerned.
Well, I fake concern when dealing with my hopelessly partisan friends. Your friends are likely humoring you because they know it's pointless to argue.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...on-sec/512171/

Another Goldman Sachs guy. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house. Prepare for 2008 all over again? Didn't Trump criticize Hillary and Cruz for having ties to Goldman during the campaign?

Old 01-04-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...on-sec/512171/

Another Goldman Sachs guy. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house. Prepare for 2008 all over again? Didn't Trump criticize Hillary and Cruz for having ties to Goldman during the campaign?
If you had such a problem with GS... Why the hell would you vote for Clinton... Clinton supporters suddenly worry about GS but didn't give a ratsass when they voted for Clinton... fake outrage from fake news.. did The Atlantic tell people to not vote for Clinton when everyone knew of her ties with GS... such Fake News...

Old 01-04-2017, 08:30 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If you had such a problem with GS... Why the hell would you vote for Clinton... Clinton supporters suddenly worry about GS but didn't give a ratsass when they voted for Clinton... fake outrage from fake news.. did The Atlantic tell people to not vote for Clinton when everyone knew of her ties with GS... such Fake News...
It's not fake news. This is an actual hire. And it's Trump that said GS was evil during the campaign not me. Many Trump voters highlighted Clinton's close ties to Wall Street as a major reason for why they voted for him.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
It's not fake news. This is an actual hire. And it's Trump that said GS was evil during the campaign not me. Many Trump voters highlighted Clinton's close ties to Wall Street as a major reason for why they voted for him.
So because they both have ties to GS, you want them to vote for Hillary? Huh? Fake News when The Atlantic has a problem with one candidate and it's okay with another, nobody cares about false outrage... The Atlantic can take its fake outrage and take a walk... it's just propaganda which is Fake News...

Old 01-04-2017, 08:50 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Andy Puzder has a little sexism problem of his own and Democrats are not going to make sure people know about it.

Puzder has frequently defended Carl's Jr. ads featuring bikini-clad models, calling them the core of the restaurant's philosophy, and has said he avoids the sets of those ad shoots because he is "happily married and would like to stay that way." When Carl's Jr. released an ad proclaiming it believed in "putting hot models in our commercials because ugly ones don't sell burgers," Puzder called the ad "the core of what we believe."

Democrats prepare to hit Labor pick over Carl's Jr. ads, comments about women - CNNPolitics.com

Old 01-04-2017, 08:53 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Not a Cabinet position, but a weird pick "Donald Trump hires Bill Stepien, former Chris Christie aide fired over Bridgegate, as White House political adviser"

President-elect Donald Trump has tapped Bill Stepien — Chris Christie’s former campaign manager whom the New Jersey governor axed after becoming mired in the Bridgegate scandal — as his White House political director, his transition team said Wednesday.
Trump taps fired Christie aide Bill Stepien as political adviser - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies