Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't expect Kellyanne to last very long.

Trump has hired some very smart women in the past; a couple of his earliest hires really helped put him where he is now. But he burned them all out in short order afterward. Some have no good words to say about him now, so he seems to leave them with hard feelings once they're gone.
Good point. Where's Katrina Pierson these days? I miss her like gonorrhea.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:16 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Uh, Rahm Emmanuel?

Mr. Emmanuel never had the sort of influence over Obama or any other POTUS that JK has and or will have move of over DT.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have mixed feelings about this.

First of all, America is not one big family business. So I am not sure he should use a lot of his own family members.

This said,

according to this article

Donald Trump said on Tuesday that his son-in-law Jared Kushner could help make peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

Trump said he "would love to be the one who made peace with Israel and the Palestinians," adding that it would be a "great achievement,"

read more: Trump: Son-in-law Kushner could help make peace between Israel, Palestinians - U.S. Election 2016 - Haaretz.com
read more: Trump: Son-in-law Kushner could help make peace between Israel, Palestinians - U.S. Election 2016 - Haaretz.com

I found it refreshing. Look at all these American politicians, they all act like they are too obsessed with Israel. Trump "neutral" in his attempt to promote the peace process, a remark that brought criticism from Israel's supporters in the U.S.
Trump is not neutral on Isreal. What Kosher salt have you been snorting? Trump has surrounded himself with Jews since the day he bought into Manhattan real estate. Jump is technically Jewish and is a big proponent of Israel. Trump would have not been able to be President if it wasn't for Jared. Jared helped white his speeches. So far I'm laughing at those white nationalist, because they voted for somone that is Jewish. The race wars in America are over. Thank you Jesus. If a Nazi can vote for a Jew, anything good these days is possible.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
IMHO what is abundantly clear by now is that DT is not the brightest blub in the box. He never thought he'd pull this gig off but now that it has happened the Trump family are in a tight spot.

It was mainly his SIL that was the brains behind the operation to get DT elected, and now that the guy is POTUS (elect) *something* has to be done before he exposes himself to Americans and the world for the egotistical megalomaniac fool that he is; hence this latest move.

Just as with his daughter sitting in on meetings with foreign dignitaries you cannot just have these "hangers on" about without any official post. Otherwise Congress and most everyone else will simply ignore and or question "what are *you* doing here and why does this concern *you*.

Meanwhile the great Jewish real estate families of New York, and probably members of that faith in other sectors of American society and of course Israel are probably besides themselves with glee. There will finally be a "Jewish POTUS" and or someone close enough to that office with major power.
My thouoghts exactly, Trump will be the first Jewish POTUS. Hannukah will be a regular theme inside the White House. No Christmas trees in the white house for the next 4 years. Race wars in America are over. If white nationalist can vote for a Jew, than anything good and granted is possible. What is sad is that Jews in America were divided on this election. Bernie Sanders are Jew was outcasted by many Jews because of his views of wealth and inequality. Remember majority of American Jews make up the bulk of the establishment. THis left Jews with two canidadates, the honorary Jew Mr. Trump, or Hillary Clinton who is the darling of representation of the wealthy. The other day I told a Jewish woman, that I wanted Bernie Sanders to win. She said I wasted my vote because Bernie Sanders is a Communist, and how Communist are bad to Jews. Most Jews voted for Hillary, but now they have Trump as a Wildcard, and that Wildcard won.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:31 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
His Orangeness states "nepotism does not apply to POTUS".

Oh this is going to be *good*

Source: Jared Kushner to Serve as Trump Senior Adviser - NBC News
"His Orangeness"

Can the left get any more juvenile or crazier.?

Keep in mind JFK had his BROTHER as AG.

If it is good for the dems, why NOT the repubs?

Or are they going to be hypocrites, AGAIN?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:39 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"His Orangeness"

Can the left get any more juvenile or crazier.?

Keep in mind JFK had his BROTHER as AG.

If it is good for the dems, why NOT the repubs?

Or are they going to be hypocrites, AGAIN?
Nepotism laws went into effect because of the Kennedys.

Not sure they apply in this case though - believe only cabinet positions.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:53 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Newsflash folks . This post doesn't require Senate approval, and likely doesn't fall under the nepotism laws .

A POTUS has the right to pick people he trusts . Simple as that . It's not as if he is just getting him in there so he can draw a government check . I don't really think he needs one .

Kushner really ran Trumps campaign that won with almost no serious budget and without RNC help. He knows something .

Last edited by wallflash; 01-09-2017 at 05:08 PM..

Old 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Errr what?

Can you say conflict of interest or nepotism?

I am also concerned about how so many of his cabinet picks have not undertaken the required background checks and submitted documents related to their finances. I fear this will lead to another (or even several) "Nannygate" scandals. I predict that at least one of his cabinet picks is forced to resign by April 1st.
He will not be taking a salary and therefore sidesteps the nepotism thing.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No wonder GOP wanted to kill the ethics office. They are also not allowing time to vet the nominees, they just want to cram them down our throats.
Speaking about the now aborted attempt to kill the ethics rules, my Red declined to disclose how he voted.

Suspect it was understood the vote would remain confidential.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:07 PM

35,696 posts, read 21,049,622 times
I am not sure-- as nothing has happened, but the lawyers are saying NO- but ? let see how it works out- I think its bad news -- all three in the same bed- yet fed employees cant give a gift or receive one for more than $10.00- or even take part-time job with out ethics approval--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies