Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 08:07 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times

Advertisements

I, and probably millions of others, would feel betrayed if Trump appoints Mitt Romney to anything, tantamount to having another Bush or Clinton too close to power right after we just got finished voting for change at the top.

President Obama's biggest mistake was appointing Bill Clinton's wife to Secretary of State, which she used as her private business, I hope Trump doesn't make a similar mistake.

I hope Kellyanne and Newt and Mike and others can successfully dissuade him.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:08 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I, and probably millions of others, would feel betrayed if Trump appoints Mitt Romney to anything, tantamount to having another Bush or Clinton too close to power right after we just got finished voting for change at the top.

President Obama's biggest mistake was appointing Bill Clinton's wife to Secretary of State, which she used as her private business, I hope Trump doesn't make a similar mistake.

I don't think he would select Romney because Romney would be SPYING on Trump to tell his handlers what Trump is planning... Remember, Romney worked with Bezos during the secret meeting and Bezos owns the WaPo, which a anti-Trump lying and deceitful organization... Romney is going to be sidelined because he is only there as a spy on Trump and let his handlers know inside information to prevent Trump from doing what he is going to do...

Old 11-25-2016, 09:17 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Let me get this straight - you're saying that someone with no experience in educational administration, who is opposed to public schools and advocates taking tax money from public education systems and giving it to religious schools, constitutes a "great" choice as the Secretary of Education - the administrator of the entire nation's public school system? That's a "great" choice?

Just exactly what, in your Trumpian mind, would constitute a poor choice?
Someone with tons of experience in the current educational system; someone who placed great importance on the wearing of medieval ceremonial robes and upon whom honorary titles from the most prestigious schools had been lauded.

Someone who understood the importance of enforcing rules such as assigning students to a school based upon that students zip code, and who went through the ledgers carefully each year trying to uncover fraud in the form of students who were trying to "cheat" by attending the "wrong" school.

Someone - anyone, actually - who is endorsed by teacher's unions.

That's my idea of a poor choice.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:37 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post

You and me both.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:45 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Trump Said to Name McFarland as Deputy National Security Adviser - Bloomberg Politics

kathleen mcfarland as national security advisor.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:57 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't think he would select Romney because Romney would be SPYING on Trump to tell his handlers what Trump is planning... Remember, Romney worked with Bezos during the secret meeting and Bezos owns the WaPo, which a anti-Trump lying and deceitful organization... Romney is going to be sidelined because he is only there as a spy on Trump and let his handlers know inside information to prevent Trump from doing what he is going to do...
Romney would be a good selection but how would he explain his criticism of Trump to other world leaders, how does he ask them to trust Trump. Bolton and Giuliani would be absolutely horrible choices, maybe Petraeus.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:58 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Another Fox News hack, not much better than Bolton although I don't think she was ever fired from government.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Another Fox News hack, not much better than Bolton although I don't think she was ever fired from government.
I think you should look up Kathleen McFarland's resume. She has an extensive resume, serving in many previous administrations, along with an impressive educational background.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:25 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I think you should look up Kathleen McFarland's resume. She has an extensive resume, serving in many previous administrations, along with an impressive educational background.
she is a swamp creature though.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:26 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Umm, Kathleen has been involved in U.S. foreign policy from Nixon to Reagan,
which significantly predates "Fox News" by a mile, fwiw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies