Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:25 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
I'm fine with Priebus, Flynn, and Huckabee in their proposed positions.

Bannon, Sessions, and Pompeo, I find unacceptable and worrisome.
I don't think Huckabee has been offered a position yet. In fact, I have not seen any discussion of a specific position for him.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:17 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
Default Jeff Seessions probably will be Attorney General

Right now it doesn't seem confirmed, but it is looking likely that Jeff Sessions, a Senator from AL, will be the Attorney General.

This is pretty significant and it is going to be one of those totally love it or totally hate it depending on where you stand on immigration. But I would like to throw in my own opinion, Sessions is a long time career politician and is technically part of the establishment. But he does stay firm on his stance and was probably the first major Congressional endorsement to Trump. So I think he shouldn't be criticized for being another establishment, DC insider pick. It is sort of assumed that the big multinational corporations hate this guy, but who knows what they say behind close doors lol.

10 things to know about Sen. Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump’s pick for attorney general

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...orney-general/

Old 11-18-2016, 12:35 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
From an interview of Steve Bannon by the Hollywood Reporter, which was published just a short while ago. More at the link:
Steve Bannon Interviewed: "It's About Americans Not Getting F—ed Over"

Bannon next discusses the "battle line" inside America's great divide.

He absolutely — mockingly — rejects the idea that this is a racial line. “I’m not a white nationalist, I’m a nationalist. I’m an economic nationalist,” he tells me. “The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f—ed over. If we deliver—” by "we" he means the Trump White House "—we’ll get 60 percent of the white vote, and 40 percent of the black and Hispanic vote and we’ll govern for 50 years. That’s what the Democrats missed, they were talking to these people with companies with a $9 billion market cap employing nine people. It’s not reality. They lost sight of what the world is about.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Oh my................law and order will be restored in the homeland. Yep, oh yeah, un hun, yep, yep

Old 11-18-2016, 12:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Donald Trump Taps Reince Priebus As Chief Of Staff, Steve Bannon As Chief Strategist.

Jeff Sessions named AG

Quote:
From an interview of Steve Bannon by the Hollywood Reporter, which was published just a short while ago. More at the link:

He absolutely — mockingly — rejects the idea that this is a racial line. “I’m not a white nationalist, I’m a nationalist. I’m an economic nationalist,” he tells me. “The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f—ed over. If we deliver—” by "we" he means the Trump White House "—we’ll get 60 percent of the white vote, and 40 percent of the black and Hispanic vote and we’ll govern for 50 years. That’s what the Democrats missed, they were talking to these people with companies with a $9 billion market cap employing nine people. It’s not reality. They lost sight of what the world is about.
I love that the corrupt media are still spinning everything. They are trying to say that Bannon and Trump are racist antisemites, yet both have Jewish family which shows how absurd the laft (get it) are becoming.

The left are actually arrogant enough to believe they can demand anything of Trump. Now they're demanding diversity in his cabinet.

...as if Trump is going to do a damn thing that they demand? Really?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-19-2016 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-18-2016, 12:49 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:

And I love this -

The focus on Bannon, if not necessarily the description, is right. He’s the man with the idea. If Trumpism is to represent something intellectually and historically coherent, it’s Bannon’s job to make it so. In this, he could not be a less reassuring or more confusing figure for liberals — fiercely intelligent and yet reflexively drawn to the inverse of every liberal assumption and shibboleth.

So they reflexively call him a white nationalist, a racist and a bigot. This election should have taught people that labels aren't going to work anymore

Old 11-18-2016, 12:58 PM

3,316 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Quote:
I don't think Huckabee has been offered a position yet. In fact, I have not seen any discussion of a specific position for him.
Yeah, seems Huckabee's ambassadorship is just making its way through the rumor mill. I'm not opposed to the idea in theory, in any case, since I don't see him doing any noticeable damage serving in that capacity.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:00 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So far, so good. A disgraced and fired head of the DIA for national security and a man who could not even be confirmed by his own party for a federal judgeship because of his racism for DOJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So far the picks back up what America thought of Trump ,he's a racist bigot.
You people really need to wake up and provide something more than the same old propaganda from the last 8 years. How about you two provide proper evidence to your claims? I expect you to be more than some mindless heckler in the audience. Both of you have called them racists, now prove it. Prove they are racist or find yourself being pushed aside like white noise. The Obama era of combating every argument with "That is racist" will no longer work. It is time to earn your money folks, speak your mind, be precise, and make sure your premise is properly validated.

Do that, or run along and find some hole to bury yourself in.

Oh, by the way, I am not a fan of Trumps so I am interested in any valid points you may have, but if you are going to act like the typical progressives during the Obama era, then I know your comments are worthless lies and so not worth paying attention to.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:26 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You people really need to wake up and provide something more than the same old propaganda from the last 8 years. How about you two provide proper evidence to your claims? I expect you to be more than some mindless heckler in the audience. Both of you have called them racists, now prove it. Prove they are racist or find yourself being pushed aside like white noise. The Obama era of combating every argument with "That is racist" will no longer work. It is time to earn your money folks, speak your mind, be precise, and make sure your premise is properly validated.

Do that, or run along and find some hole to bury yourself in.

Oh, by the way, I am not a fan of Trumps so I am interested in any valid points you may have, but if you are going to act like the typical progressives during the Obama era, then I know your comments are worthless lies and so not worth paying attention to.
About Sessions...allegations about racist comments and jokes have dogged him for a long time now..they culminated in his failed nomination for a Federal Judgeship...

Trump election: Jeff Sessions picked for top law job - BBC News

Jeff Sessions to face scrutiny in attorney general confirmation process - Business Insider

Despite all of this noise over his past..Sessions is still likely to be confirmed:

Early signs point to confirmation for Sessions - POLITICO

I hope this meets your standards for 'valid points'...as they seemed to pass muster in the US Senate...not that that's always a high bar.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:09 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
About Sessions...allegations about racist comments and jokes have dogged him for a long time now..they culminated in his failed nomination for a Federal Judgeship...

Trump election: Jeff Sessions picked for top law job - BBC News

Jeff Sessions to face scrutiny in attorney general confirmation process - Business Insider

Despite all of this noise over his past..Sessions is still likely to be confirmed:

Early signs point to confirmation for Sessions - POLITICO

I hope this meets your standards for 'valid points'...as they seemed to pass muster in the US Senate...not that that's always a high bar.
I see a bunch of allegations, but no evidence of his remarks other than someone claiming he said something racist. Considering the fact that he was key for an appointment, his positions are conservative, it is not a suprise he is attacked.

So far, it appears to be more lies from the progressives which is not a surprise as they were lying constantly through the election.

Thank you for showing me that you have nothing but accusations. At least we know the progressives and democrats are lairs, we don't have to "allege" that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies