Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 08:25 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times

Advertisements

Tom Price is a swamp creature who will make the swamp swampier than ever. How many years has he been in the swamp taking bribes from big insurance and big pharma? 15 years?

Old 11-29-2016, 08:25 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So now you are saying you only want better policing of the system but you support this entitlement? Guess what, the donor class who fund your representatives dont! And they matter and you dont. This is America. Money talks. Prepare to see it attacked as a rotten entitlement system that must be "reformed" aka eliminated because "America is going broke".
I have always said that the SSDI was going to be drained of liars and cheats in there currently... its so bad that people actually BRAG about how easy it was and continue to get a government check... you must be delusional to think SSDI will remain the same or completely eliminated... Did those "donor class" also tell you that Welfare is eliminated... I got news for you, its STILL here... you either need to stop listening to lies or making up lies yourself... Merry Christmas...

Old 11-29-2016, 09:34 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Elaine Chou, the wife of Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell, will be the new Transportation Secretary under Donald Trump. She was the previously the Labor Secretary under George W. Bush and the Deputy Transportation Secretary under George H.W. Bush.

Quote:
Elaine Chao expected to be Trump's transportation secretary

Former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao is set to be announced later Tuesday as President-elect Donald Trump’s choice to head the Department of Transportation, multiple sources familiar with the decision confirmed Tuesday morning.

Chao ran the Labor Department under the George W. Bush administration. She met with the president-elect at Trump Tower last week to discuss labor and transportation policy, according to Trump’s transition team.

The wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Chao is the first Asian-American woman to hold a Cabinet-level position. She also served as deputy secretary of transportation under President George H.W. Bush. Chao was also a member of Trump’s Asian Pacific American Advisory Council during the campaign.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:57 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Elaine Chou, the wife of Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell, will be the new Transportation Secretary under Donald Trump. She was the previously the Labor Secretary under George W. Bush and the Deputy Transportation Secretary under George H.W. Bush.
This was a smart move. She is very knowledgeable and connected.
Her father James Chao is a Chinese billionaire. This pacifies certain
interests in China, McConnell in the Senate and the race/gender quota
hawks. It's a great choice.

With Tom Price he is competent and capable of managing the HHS.
The plan is to streamline and clean up the massive
waste in HHS - while getting a handle on Medicaid to states, let the states
have their block grants, which is better than an open-ended commitment
to fund waste and fraud. If states want to fund waste and fraud, they can
but the Federal government will only pay them up to the grant amount.
These states will decide if they want to continue with Medicaid expansion.
Whether that happens or not depends on the grant amounts.

Expect Price's loudest detractors to be the pro-choice lobbies who
want to keep using Federal funds to kill the unborn.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:23 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I never watch Outnumbered but I put it on to see if Trump made any more picks. All of the lib women are oohing and ahhhing over a possible Romney pick including McCain, who I REALLY can't stand. Last night, all of the establishment Republican panelists were oohing and ahhhing over a possible Romney pick. All of the Democrats are rooting for Romney. Is this not enough to make Romney the absolutely wrong pick. I mean jeez, what's next, Ted Cruz and Charles Manson get invited to dinner?

Old 11-29-2016, 10:33 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
This was a smart move. She is very knowledgeable and connected.
Her father James Chao is a Chinese billionaire. This pacifies certain
interests in China, McConnell in the Senate and the race/gender quota
hawks. It's a great choice.

With Tom Price he is competent and capable of managing the HHS.
The plan is to streamline and clean up the massive
waste in HHS - while getting a handle on Medicaid to states, let the states
have their block grants, which is better than an open-ended commitment
to fund waste and fraud. If states want to fund waste and fraud, they can
but the Federal government will only pay them up to the grant amount.
These states will decide if they want to continue with Medicaid expansion.
Whether that happens or not depends on the grant amounts.

Expect Price's loudest detractors to be the pro-choice lobbies who
want to keep using Federal funds to kill the unborn.
Elaine Chao? I'm sick and tired of all these fat old white men that racist, xenophobic, misogynist Trump is appointing.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.CA View Post
I think his cabinet is gonna be a major disappointment.

I haven't seen a single moderate, independent or non-establishment member so far.

What a sham!!
Agreed.
Just lots of donors and embedded establishment types.

Surely the whining will start any minute from the same people that thought that appointing donors as ambassadors during the Obama administration was something akin to treason.

Kind of ironic really.
I thought that the Trump supporters/voters were looking to rid government of entrenched dinosaurs and pay-to-play.

Oh, right, I forgot.
That only matters when the other "guy" does it.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:58 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Default Trump - Recycling the Same Old Hacks.

"The source, who requested anonymity, confirmed the pick to Reuters. Chao, the wife of Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, served as labor secretary under President George W. Bush and was the first Asian-American woman to hold a Cabinet position. The formal announcement was expected Tuesday afternoon."

Double dipping hacks suckling off of the government teat.

What happened to "emptying the swamp"?

Old 11-29-2016, 11:02 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Elaine Chao? I'm sick and tired of all these fat old white men that racist, xenophobic, misogynist Trump is appointing.
Ugh, and now Sema Verma, the "whitelash" of males continues.

Old 11-29-2016, 11:02 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Elaine is a fat old white man? This place is a wealth of knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies