Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:03 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you are one of the 53 million Americans enrolled in Medicare and especially
if you are a Medicare senior who voted for Donald Trump you need to visit his
transition website: www.greatagain.gov and read the text under the "Healthcare"
heading. You will see that Trump is calling for Medicare to be "modernized". I'm willing
to wager that Trump has done a deal with House Speaker Paul Ryan whereby Ryan
will get Trump's legislative program through Congress and Trump has agreed not to
veto Ryan's cherished plan to privatize Medicare by replacing it with a measly voucher
that seniors will use to purchase a high deductible plan from the Health Insurance
industry with no drug coverage and large out-of-pocket expenses.

Trump declares war on Medicare despite campaign promises otherwise | Thom Hartmann
Here is how I see it...When someone shows you who they are...believe them...and trump has shown how often and easily he is willing to lie and how often he has bilked others for his self-serving agenda. If Ryan strikes or has struck a deal with Trump, then you or the elderly in your family have just been ****ed without eve being kissed and if you voted for the orange hued dirt bag...you deserve it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 11:36 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
OP, we lost the election. Just drop it. Go on with your life quietly.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:42 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
When a progressive speaks, lies are being told.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:48 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,609 times
Wait a minute...

Some guy named Hartmann, whom I've never heard of, speculates that two people - whom he has never met - is going to destroy the system that funds healthcare for 56 million Americans. And we're supposed to get all spun up about it?

Is this what they call 'fake news?'

Old 11-18-2016, 11:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
It's "Fake News".

Old 11-18-2016, 11:59 AM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here is how I see it...When someone shows you who they are...believe them...and trump has shown how often and easily he is willing to lie and how often he has bilked others for his self-serving agenda. If Ryan strikes or has struck a deal with Trump, then you or the elderly in your family have just been ****ed without eve being kissed and if you voted for the orange hued dirt bag...you deserve it...
As is my habit these days, I look up the author of an article first.

Quote:
Thom Hartman is...... "considered to have progressive/liberal politics (although he describes himself as part of the radical middle).["....." He contends that the 2000 American election and 2004 American election were stolen through electronic tampering, denial of the voting franchise by rigged voting lists, and limiting availability of voting machines in selected precincts. He also accuses the Bush administration of eroding democracy and individual freedoms."...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Hartmann

In other words, the guy is every bit as much a showman and zealot as Rush Limbaugh. And I don't care what he says. He's a flake.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Since Trump has no policy ideas of his own, I can see him usurping Paul Ryan's plans. Privatized Social Security and Medicare and block grants for Medicaid are on their way. And like the OP says, anyone who depends on these programs and voted for Trump will get exactly what they deserve. The problem is, many more who didn't vote for him will suffer right along with them.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's "Fake News".
Every bit of news from the left has been fake all along. This is why they want to stop the "fake news" all of sudden. Think about it... HOLY SHT now the left want to openly suppress freedom of speech because they can't control the message.

Welcome to a new progressive communist USA comrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Since Trump has no policy ideas of his own...
WTH are you talking about? HRC had no policy AT ALL and that's one reason she lost. Her entire platform was based on not being Trump.

Trump had loaded up on policy and even made a contract with America.

Stop talking out of your lower orifice, you lost, get over it or get to a safe space.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:11 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I absolutely agree. Trump has told us exactly who he is. He's a self serving con man who doesn't care a whit for anyone but himself. Of course he's going to de-fund Medicare. I wish that was the worst of it. I fear that's not even the beginning. We are now in the hands of an angry autocrat. God help us.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:29 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
WTH are you talking about? HRC had no policy AT ALL and that's one reason she lost. Her entire platform was based on not being Trump.

Trump had loaded up on policy and even made a contract with America.

Stop talking out of your lower orifice, you lost, get over it or get to a safe space.
"I'm going to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something terrific!" is not a policy, steven. It's a broad, vague statement with no facts behind it.

But that's okay, Paul Ryan has him covered.

It is not going to be a good time to be poor or old in Trump's/Ryan's America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies