Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:52 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

The Republican party has all the dirt they need to impeach Trump so it is not a big stretch to speculate that he would have to follow whichever agenda they choose if he wanted to remain in office and reap whatever self-serving rewards he came to pillage and plunder. The GOP would have no problem with Pence in The Oval Office if it came down to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 11:56 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Republican party has all the dirt they need to impeach Trump so it is not a big stretch to speculate that he would have to follow whichever agenda they choose if he wanted to remain in office and reap whatever self-serving rewards he came to pillage and plunder. The GOP would have no problem with Pence in The Oval Office if it came down to it.
i think its MUTUAL- I think as he is connected with big business he also has the dirt on most of them. They have all decided to play well together- dems and reps alike- because we know who has lose lips----and no loyalty to them

Old 11-18-2016, 12:01 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
Well considering how spot on you guys have been over the last 18 months about everything Trump related, I think I'll pass on giving this latest prediction much weight.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:02 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Quote:
I honestly wonder if this is the case or not.

On the one hand, I am certain the only reason Trump wanted to get into office is to market his brand.

On the other, neither I nor the GOP leadership have any idea what the GOP will do. It's a lot of talk right now, but their default state has been "do nothing" for the better part of a decade.

I do not like the GOP, but this is not healthy for the nation.

So it will be interesting to say the least. The last witch hunt took out Boehner for no other reason than his past of working with other politicians to get things done.

The lesson from history is that when this occurs, the political party falls apart. Mitch McConnell titled himself the "Guardian of Gridlock". The only enemy that remains for the GOP is the GOP itself.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:09 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
I predict Trump will be far more bipartisan.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:12 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I'm more inclined to think the same. He will try to do what he thinks is right, regardless of what either party thinks.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:12 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
You presume too much.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:16 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
He has no choice if he wishes to pass much of his liberal agenda.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:

But will that make the GOP less obstructionist?

Old 11-18-2016, 03:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But will that make the GOP less obstructionist?
Won't be no fights over the debt ceiling.

Full blown Keynesian in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies