Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 06:30 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Brother and sister incest is still a heterosexual act. Brother to brother is still considered incest. Sister to sister is still considered incest. Incest is not an issue related to sexual orientation but an entirely separate discussion.... (the potential harmful impact of inbreeding).
And theirs potential harm with homosexual activity.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:32 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
That has nothing to do with the issue, homosexuals are not related to each other
It's called an anology. If they are consenting adults why should we ban them from being in that relationship?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Hmm. I see.

You mean like the current wife and one of the former wives of the guy you just elected? Like his mother? His paternal grandparents? Clearly, you need to examine why you're voting against your own convictions.
What do I care if an American occasionally has a foreign or immigrant wife, especially a Westerner? It has no relevancy to mass immigration from all over the world.

Quote:
Oh, and FYI: once immigrants (i.e. people unafraid to move out of their "safe spaces." Not a "snowflake" among 'em), who've lived, worked hard, paid taxes, and been highly contributing members of American society for years, go through the legal process to become citizens, they're no longer "foreigners." Legally, they're 100% American.
You're still a foreign born immigrant and not needed. You did no one a favor but yourself. How American you are is largely a state of mind and your heritage.

Quote:
Btw, you do realize that many immigrants are from countries that are either more traditional than the US (you should like that), or from countries (including those far more liberal than the US) with far lower rates of divorce, teen pregnancy, drug and other addictions, poverty, etc, -- factors that contribute to the "destruction of the family" -- than does the US?Many of these immigrants are baffled and deeply saddened by the severity of these social ills they see in this, the wealthiest nation on the planet.
You're a liberal and I'm telling you liberals have been destroying the American family. I don't care if you believe it or not. Immigrants are foreign competitors more or less no matter how much how you try to spin it.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
It's called an anology. If they are consenting adults why should we ban them from being in that relationship?
You are creating a strawman to make people disagree with gay marriage. You really are being disingenuous

Old 11-22-2016, 08:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post

You're still a foreign born immigrant and not needed. You did no one a favor but yourself. How American you are is largely a state of mind and your heritage

You're a liberal and I'm telling you liberals have been destroying the American family. I don't care if you believe it or not. Immigrants are foreign competitors more or less no matter how much how you try to spin it.
Oh, I'm pretty American. Get this: I look like an "all-American" girl; I sound like an "all-American" girl; I'm educated at the same schools as an "all-American" girl; my name is a typical "American" name.

The truth is you would NEVER know that I WASN'T born and raised in the US. No one does, unless I tell them. I completely, entirely, utterly blend. In fact, I was pretty American before I even came to the US almost 20 years ago.

Freaking scary, huh, dude??

It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers! We aliens-from-another-planet libby-monster Canadians are gonna take over!!!!! It's a conspiracy!!! Bwaa haha haha!!!

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-29-2016 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: name calling

Old 11-22-2016, 11:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, I'm pretty American. Get this: I look like an "all-American" girl; I sound like an "all-American" girl; I'm educated at the same schools as an "all-American" girl; my name is a typical "American" name.

The truth is you would NEVER know that I WASN'T born and raised in the US. No one does, unless I tell them. I completely, entirely, utterly blend. In fact, I was pretty American before I even came to the US almost 20 years ago.

Freaking scary, huh, dude??

It's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers! We aliens-from-another-planet libby-monster Canadians are gonna take over!!!!! It's a conspiracy!!! Bwaa haha haha!!!
I don't doubt you are like today's "all-American" girl. That's not much of a compliment anymore though .

I don't doubt you assimilated well into the majority. That's partly why I want national origins quotas again.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-29-2016 at 07:59 AM..

Old 11-23-2016, 12:00 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
And theirs potential harm with homosexual activity.
No one has made a case that homosexual activity has the potential to cause harm.

Besides the comment you quoted was to point out that gay marriage and incest are unrelated topics of discussion.

Nice try taking things out of context and spinning them...

Old 11-23-2016, 12:14 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I honestly do not understand how gay marriage actually impacts you if you aren't:

A. A gay person getting married
B. A friend or loved one of a gay person who is invited to the wedding

So who cares! If people want to get married, plan a wedding and get their married person tax breaks and privileges - let them do it. It is not my life!

Old 11-23-2016, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It would make sense that a lot of current homosexual marriages appear to be longer-lasting that heterosexual. This is because many of the initial couples who ran out to get married were already together for years - sometimes DECADES - in a quasi-marriage state to begin with. So, they were already successful.

But, it's only temporary. In the end, people are people. I would suspect that in a couple decades the divorce rates will probably be roughly equal for both heterosexual and homosexual couples.
The factor missing is the stresses children have on marriage. Studies have shown that marriage satisfaction decline is twice as steep for couples with children than with couples who choose not to have children. This is especially true for unplanned pregnancies and those that got married hastily. SS couples typically fall under the type that choose not to have children.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
. Immigrants are foreign competitors more or less no matter how much how you try to spin it.
I would rather they come here for a job than a job get outsourced to them in another country.

Immigrants who contribute to America makes us stronger not weaker..... some of America's greatest minds are foreign born Americans. 75 percent of patents from top universities list a foreigner.... we attract a large number of innovators in technology and historically have capitalized on it.

Think about how different our country history would be.... ex. The Manhattan Project without immigrant minds.

Only a nation of insecure people would fear competition and rather eliminate it than actually push themselves to compete and win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies