Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 07:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No one is demanding people give up their First Amendment rights.

All we are saying is have some manners and if you want to express political opinions, do it in the appropriate place and time.

If I owned a coffee shop and you showed up in an Elect Hillary shirt, would you appreciate me going on a rant about her or her policies rather than just serving you the coffee you wanted? I think not.
Should have thought about manners and decency before you guys elected the nastiest person in US Presidential history. You don't get to play that card anymore.

The audience made a big deal about Pence being there, along with his hoard of Secret Service hogging $1000 seats. It's their art and their theatre. They have every right to criticize a prominent public figure who shows them great concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 07:58 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's their theatre and their art. They can do what they want. And no they shouldn't apologize. Pence and Trump should apologize to the American people for being such vile human beings.
Awwww, poor, poor Fiyero! Time for you to move back to Oz so that you can be with Elphaba

Old 11-19-2016, 07:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
They have no manners and are simply classless. I'm frankly tired of all of these Broadway and Hollywood types who seem to think that they know more than the rest of us. They are paid servants by the public to entertain the public and not in that way.
Maybe if you guys demonstrated some intelligence and rational thinking, and didn't ignore facts or evidence, we wouldn't act like we know more than you.

You guys embrace ignorance, but then whine when people call you out on it. Seems silly.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You mean like what Jan Brewer, The Governor of Arizona did to the President of the United States?
or when Congressman Joe Wilson shouted out "you lie!" to Obama during his address to Congress?

Old 11-19-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
They have no manners and are simply classless. I'm frankly tired of all of these Broadway and Hollywood types who seem to think that they know more than the rest of us. They are paid servants by the public to entertain the public and not in that way.
Then don't go to any Broadway productions or movies, problem solved

Old 11-19-2016, 08:03 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The funny thing is the booing is the reason they addressed Pence after all; to build a bridge and both tell the audience why they shouldn't be booing, and explain to Pence why people are anxious. But I guess Trump needed a distraction after his settlement, and this was it.

Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote the statement the cast recited BEFORE the show, so your premise is false.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No one is demanding people give up their First Amendment rights.
All we are saying is have some manners and if you want to express political opinions, do it in the appropriate place and time. If I owned a coffee shop and you showed up in an Elect Hillary shirt, would you appreciate me going on a rant about her or her policies rather than just serving you the coffee you wanted? I think not.
Manners? With Trump as President elect you want to talk about manners? Remember him mocking the disabled man, or when he said Megyn Kelly had "blood coming out of her whatever" It takes a lot of nerve to wag your finger at people being rude when you voted for Trump, you got the rudest man to ever be elected to the Presidency, you own it, deal with it.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:08 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
These particular Broadway types are highly paid "servants" running a hugely successful business and they have a First Amendment right to free speech. They can say whatever the hell they want to whoever the hell they want and Trump and Pence just have to live with it.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:11 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
They were wrong period . I often go to Broadway plays and if I were in audience I demand my money back . Who do they think they are ? People pay good money to see them perform not give their opinions. They were disrespectful to VPE Pense and his family .

I hope they lose sales .

Old 11-19-2016, 08:13 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Should have thought about manners and decency before you guys elected the nastiest person in US Presidential history. You don't get to play that card anymore.

The audience made a big deal about Pence being there, along with his hoard of Secret Service hogging $1000 seats. It's their art and their theatre. They have every right to criticize a prominent public figure who shows them great concern.
Ridiculous. Hillary called half of American deplorable. Both sides of the aisle took this election into the gutter. Not that it hasn't been there before in previous elections.

That doesn't mean that the rest of us have to follow them. The campaign is over.

Your statement that Secret Service were hogging seats is also ridiculous. The Pres and VP cant go out in public without protection regardless of party.

Hillary went to this play, do you really think she didn't have SS protection "hogging" seats?

You don't have a right in the minds of most Americans to accost/criticize political figures when they are on their own time. They deserve down time with their families, just like all the rest of us.

To think otherwise, is uncharitable, rude, and indicative of people who were raised by wolves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies