Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 08:35 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times

Advertisements

I am a registered independent who leans liberal. I voted fore Hillary here in Massachusetts, although I was hopeful for a Trump presidency because I had no control over how it would all shake out.

Why can't human beings give the man a chance? I personally could care less what he said on the campaign trail as that was to get votes. I don't care whom he's adding to his administration, because those are just names.

Until the man enacts legislation and HIS government is in action and until the man shows us what he is thinking as president (which he isn't yet), these protests and name calling and finger pointing and fear is pure crap. Half the country "lost" the election, but all they lost was picking somebody to be president. We don't know what Trump's policies will be and how they will affect us until he actually does something.

It's tiresome the division in this country that as of this moment is unfounded. I wish (which seems useless these days) that people would just sit back and wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 08:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I am a registered independent who leans liberal. I voted fore Hillary here in Massachusetts, although I was hopeful for a Trump presidency because I had no control over how it would all shake out.

Why can't human beings give the man a chance? I personally could care less what he said on the campaign trail as that was to get votes. I don't care whom he's adding to his administration, because those are just names.

Until the man enacts legislation and HIS government is in action and until the man shows us what he is thinking as president (which he isn't yet), these protests and name calling and finger pointing and fear is pure crap. Half the country "lost" the election, but all they lost was picking somebody to be president. We don't know what Trump's policies will be and how they will affect us until he actually does something.

It's tiresome the division in this country that as of this moment is unfounded. I wish (which seems useless these days) that people would just sit back and wait.
Almost half the eligible registered voters in the country did not even show up to vote and the popular vote went to Hillary so get your facts straight before you start preaching.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:03 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Almost half the eligible registered voters in the country did not even show up to vote and the popular vote went to Hillary so get your facts straight before you start preaching.
I guess that's a lesson that the real place to protest is in the voting booth. Funny how many people couldn't find the time on Election Day, or, as is the case here, the 20 days of early voting, but they can spend weeks protesting the results.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I guess that's a lesson that the real place to protest is in the voting booth. Funny how many people couldn't find the time on Election Day, or, as is the case here, the 20 days of early voting, but they can spend weeks protesting the results.
They protested the choices by not voting and many Bernie supporters protested by voting for Trump. They are going to have to live with their idiocy and sadly many of us will have to live with their idiocy too. I supported Bernie but it was an emergency to keep Trump out so I did what I needed to do.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:25 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
During Occupy Wall Street, those millennials kids didn't leave the park for weeks. What was the whole point again?

Old 11-19-2016, 09:28 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
They protested the choices by not voting and many Bernie supporters protested by voting for Trump. They are going to have to live with their idiocy and sadly many of us will have to live with their idiocy too. I supported Bernie but it was an emergency to keep Trump out so I did what I needed to do.
I think you're wrong about Trump, but I also understand protest voting. Never done it myself, nor sat out a presidential election. Voted in every one since 1988.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
once again i will remind you that the national popular vote, MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. it is the popular vote at the STATE level that means something. and trump won more states that hillary did.

i will also remind you that the reason hillary won the national popular vote is because the heavily populated states of new york and california went for hillary. and even then it was the population centers that went big time for hillary in those two states, so it would not have mattered if she won by 1,000 votes or 1 million votes, she was only going to get 90 some electoral votes from those two states.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:35 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Why can't human beings give the man a chance?
Because they don't feel like giving him a chance.

Quote:
I personally could care less what he said on the campaign trail as that was to get votes.
your opinion, not theirs.
Quote:
I don't care whom he's adding to his administration, because those are just names.
Your opinion, some think these promotions will have consequences.

Quote:
Until the man enacts legislation and HIS government is in action and until the man shows us what he is thinking as president (which he isn't yet), these protests and name calling and finger pointing and fear is pure crap.
your opinion again, some believe his campaign promises.

Quote:
Half the country "lost" the election, but all they lost was picking somebody to be president. We don't know what Trump's policies will be and how they will affect us until he actually does something.
Your opinion, some think he will implement the policies he promised during his campaign.

Quote:
It's tiresome the division in this country that as of this moment is unfounded.]
Your opinion, some believe the division is real
Quote:
I wish (which seems useless these days) that people would just sit back and wait.
If you want to do that, go ahead. You still can have opinions.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think you're wrong about Trump, but I also understand protest voting. Never done it myself, nor sat out a presidential election. Voted in every one since 1988.
I have no idea what you mean by "wrong about Trump".

Old 11-19-2016, 10:16 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,794 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
once again i will remind you that the national popular vote, MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. it is the popular vote at the STATE level that means something. and trump won more states that hillary did.

i will also remind you that the reason hillary won the national popular vote is because the heavily populated states of new york and california went for hillary. and even then it was the population centers that went big time for hillary in those two states, so it would not have mattered if she won by 1,000 votes or 1 million votes, she was only going to get 90 some electoral votes from those two states.
The fact that some people don't understand the math behind the electoral college and the popular vote amazes me. I guess No Child Left Behind must have forgotten some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies