Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 03:26 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the Trump family have sacrificed their personal safety, their business profits, their time with each other, and their privacy. The whole family will continue these sacrifices for, at least, the next four years.
It obviously doesn't involve any sacrifice (and many progressives probably love that this is the case), but on January 1st, 2016 Forbes pegged Trump's net worth at $4.5 billion. As of today, Forbes pegs his net worth at $3.7 Billion.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:28 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
It's obvious Melania is sick of him and his P-grabbing ways. Who can blame her? Staying in NYC "for Barron" is a way for her to get away from Trump.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep, he did it by not being involved in any way, shape or form other than throwing money at their mothers to see to their upbringing. His total un-involvement in raising them was probably the single best thing he ever did for them.
Since you aren't criticizing the jobs the mothers did, he must also have a good instincts re women who would make quality mothers.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:41 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Per today's New York Post. Odd quote from the article about Melania and Barron
being unusually close and having grown closer during the election? Wouldn't
you assume a mom and her 10 year old are close?
That's good news for Donald. Now he can "grab more puy' like when she was pregnant back in 2005.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Heck, if Hilary had promised that Bill would stay in NY if she was elected, I would have said the same thing. Actually, some people *might* have voted for Clinton if she had promised that.
Given the press that the residences got before the election (buying another house for the compound in Chappaqua, and in D.C. the maid printing/security thing), I'd been thinking the same thing .

Old 11-20-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm sorry that while people are struggling to put food on the table, you find the White House so unappealing. The First Family should live in the White House. This is a national disgrace.
No, it isn't. The only reason you have an issue with it is because of who will be sworn in on January 20th 2017. If those 100,000 or so voters in the Rust Belt states had voted for Hillary instead of Trump, you wouldn't care if Hillary decided to live in South Brach while serving as POTUS.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:52 PM

31,904 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It obviously doesn't involve any sacrifice (and many progressives probably love that this is the case), but on January 1st, 2016 Forbes pegged Trump's net worth at $4.5 billion. As of today, Forbes pegs his net worth at $3.7 Billion.

Donald Trump's true net worth is rather an elusive number to pin down. Mostly because much of it derives from and or is related to real estate and other property where valuations tend to fluctuate.

Other sources of income are the various Trump golf courses, hotels and other entertainment enterprises. Again here things can and do vary.

For all his bluster and froth DT ranks rather low on the billionaire list. Mark Zuckerberg (50.1 billion) Bill Gates (82.2 billion), Jeff Bezos (65.7 billion) and even Warren Buffet (70.8 billion) far outstrip The Donald. In fact there are a good number of young persons half the age (or less) that are far more wealthy than DT.

Over the years DT's finances have been called into question and he was forced into bankruptcy and or at least selling off assets to shore himself and or business up.

For instance DT famously bought then was forced to sell the Plaza Hotel here in NYC.
Trump Is Selling Plaza Hotel To Saudi and Asian Investors - NYTimes.com

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...Zd8#.ic6nlV78P

Deutsche Bank for reasons of their own have pretty much been the only ones willing to lend money to DT.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/10/...oubled-lender/

Old 11-20-2016, 03:54 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The child, Barron, may have difficulties adjusting to changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAd5Pu9iw4
Thanks for sharing this......does answer some questions, but then again he could have been very overwhelmed with all the attention and crowds. Sorry for the family this is not easy to find out or tell others if it is true.

Possibly, others will take the time to see this and realize he is no "snowflake!" I hope this is not true!

Old 11-20-2016, 04:00 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Sounds very snowflaky to me. Every other first family has had to suck it up, buttercup!
True, but this might actually be an opportunity to give the White House a complete overhaul. Because it's been in perpetual use for so many decades, that hasn't really been possible.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:02 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I actually kind of admire Melania for this. I do sometimes wonder if she might be a bit of an unwilling passenger on the Trump Train. There are times she seems to me like an outsider in her own family, and I wonder if she ever thinks, "this is not what I signed up for."
I'm sure she has thoughts like this, and will have them again. But I'd imagine there is not a First Lady (or former First Lady) alive that has not had the same thoughts at times as their husbands went through the vicissitudes of serving as President. It's a tough position to be in, constantly in the spotlight, lack of privacy, one's every move scrutinized and judged. It would never be easy, I would think, but it's got to be even harder when the naysayers and detractors, including the news media are circling like piranhas waiting to attack at every move made by the First Family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies