Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:51 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times

Advertisements

I'm still tired of the whole "snowflake" thing, although I have to say it gives me guilty pleasure to see it applied to the other side.

Nevertheless, it's not the word I would use to describe Trump. I would describe him in more serious terms, namely, dangerously thin-skinned.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Trump gave Alex Baldwin a job...

Old 11-20-2016, 12:52 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm not who you were responding to with the comment above, but I will say, I want to give him a chance. Really, really trying. I thought after the election in one or two of his speeches/interviews I saw a glimmer of hope. And then he just does some dumb thing with that stupid Twitter account and I very quickly lose all hope. He has got to stop with this mini-Twitter rants/tantrums. It's very difficult for me to feel respect for him. At this point, he honestly needs to grow a hide, publically admit he made some inflaming remarks during the campaign, and try to send a message of caring for people. I think if he would make a concentrated effort to do that, many people would calm down.
Well...it would be very sad to spend the next 4 years in a state of agitation to the point where it affects your everyday life.

Keep in mind---8 years of GW Bush ended up giving us 8 years of Obama (I thought GW Bush was the worst president ever, then along came Obama to prove me wrong).

People were tired of not being listened to and ignored by politicians who put their mega-rich donors ahead of their constituents. Thus 16 years of GW Bush and Obama helped give rise to Trump.

My advice---calm down, go on with your day-to-day life. Remember to vote in local elections because it's the local candidates that have the most impact on your quality of life. Dislike your representative on the Board of Supervisors? Give voice to that and vote to oust him/her. If you are in an incorporated town and dislike the mayor, give voice to that and vote to oust him/her. I don't know how long you've lived in NoVA so maybe you don't remember when this happened just over 10 years ago --- the voters in Herndon were so disgusted with the mayor and most of the town council that they voted out the bums over a local issue---and it made the national news.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm still tired of the whole "snowflake" thing, although I have to say it gives me guilty pleasure to see it applied to the other side.

Nevertheless, it's not the word I would use to describe Trump. I would describe him in more serious terms, namely, dangerously thin-skinned.
Yet, it didn't bother you that Obama is thin-skinned?

Old 11-20-2016, 12:53 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Isn't he more like an orangeflake?
Orange Blossom petal. A very delicate flower.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:57 PM

601 posts, read 592,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yet, it didn't bother you that Obama is thin-skinned?
I don't think Obama will leave much of a legacy policy-wise, as Trump, his cabinet, and Congress plan to roll back and and all progress made during his tenure, but I think he will be remembered for conducting himself and taking slings with class, grace, and dignity. You are simply making ***** up and crafting false narratives if you say that he handled himself otherwise, particularly during things like the birther movement, which our classless president-elect lead. But then again, your kind tend to do that.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:58 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Looks like the C-D libs have reached the 3rd stage of recovery ...

Disbelief -> Anger -> Grasping at straws ...

The 4th stage is capitulation ... coming soon to snowflakes across the country.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:58 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
First, he whines about citizens daring to speak their mind to his VP after a theater performance, and now he's' upset about being poked fun at on SNL, and in a recent tweet, is demanding "equal time."

"I watched parts of @nbcsnl Saturday Night Live last night. It is a totally one-sided, biased show - nothing funny at all. Equal time for us?"

I'm so glad the right wingers coined the term "snowflake." I could never have come up with a better descriptor for our President-elect. The term fits him to a T. Who knew such a macho, ***** grabbing guy was, in actuality, such a delicate little flower?

He is in for a long and rough four years of criticism and ridicule. If he doesn't learn to grow a thick skin fast, the poor little snowflake likely will not survive it.
What concerns me is that we might not survive it either.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
I don't think Obama will leave much of a legacy policy-wise, as Trump and his cabinet plan to roll back and and all progress made during his tenure, but I think he will be remembered for conducting himself and taking slings with class, grace, and dignity. You are simply making ***** up and crafting false narratives if you say that he handled himself otherwise. But then again, your kind tend to do that.
What "progress" are you talking about?

Just who are "my kind"? You don't even know me so I'll be interested to hear what assumptions you are making.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:00 PM

601 posts, read 592,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What "progress" are you talking about?

Just who are "my kind"? You don't even know me so I'll be interested to hear what assumptions you are making.
The alt-right Trumpfederates, that kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies