Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 01:41 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,635,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It's a little soon to be gazing into your crystal ball, isn't it?

You might want to clean it off, though, if you insist on playing with it.
No crystal ball required. Just a knowledge of who he's been and what he's known to have said and done over the past decades..

Also, it doesn't hurt to know how low public opinion of him is already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 03:18 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,376,973 times
[quote=CraigCreek;46267939]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! Let the correction begin.

The limp wristed Snowflakes are in full denial meltdown
What a glorious time to be alive in America.

Time to take out the trash and the Snowflakes think draining the swamp, is getting rid of who they don't like. When the trash is really Snowflakes.[/QUOTE

What a mixed metaphor. Look into how real snowflakes are formed, and what they consist of. Hint: It ain't swamp water.

So - why not drop all the insulting terms and focus on the real issues at hand? Intelligent, creative and productive ideas can be found among patriotic Americans of all political persuasions, and surely now is the time for everyone to come together to promote the common good. I'm no Pollyanna, and I think healthy debate is a great thing - but the sort of dissension which is tearing our country apart at present cannot be good for any of us in the long run, and is a waste of energy.

So - let's try to stop all the finger pointing and name calling, agree to disagree - civilly - and focus on what we share. That's the love for our country, and the desire to make it better.

I will never be a Trump supporter, but I support the office of the President and wish whoever holds it well. I pray for wisdom, compassion, and good judgment for both the President and the President-elect and those who advise and assist them, as I do for all elected officials. That said, I can still criticize where I feel criticism is deserved, and work for change where I see the need for change.

Getting corrupt lobbyists and those elected officials who connive with them out of Washington - and elsewhere - is certainly a worthy goal. But it's not necessary and in fact, is very counter-productive to insult others who share this goal but who did not support your presidential candidate.

Time to move on, time to find common ground, time for civility, or we will all destroy ourselves and our country as we know ourselves and our country.

Yaaaa... Rationalize it!

You cannot make this up!
Priceless!

Bwahahahaha!
Life is good!

Old 11-21-2016, 04:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,720,852 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray
It's not a matter of learning. People will change their minds when the changes start affecting them directly.
Yea thats the mantality of most ppl now.... THEY DONT GIVE A DAMN AS LONG AS IT DOESNT AFFECT THEM.... Thats the problem with this country!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies