Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:57 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
"Yeah, but alcohol............."
In other words, you're an alcoholic? Let's make exceptions for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 01:00 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes the ol "Lets go back to prohibition" urge. LOL. Its 2016.
Heck no ,,, havent you heard the new marching orders.. every dollar due... its on the sticker we got for our patrol boxes..

We are way past the legalize argument.. we are legal

its all about the licensing and revenue..

which will trickle down to the treatment models ..which is an integral part of the proposition and now law

of course.. unforeseen pot pukers will eat into the funding

From a doper website with personal testimonials

It appears so

http://www.marijuana.com/community/t...g-weed.268193/

Old 11-22-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
You may be right about the growing corporate involvement in the pot scene. I have noticed how the owners/partners in some of the larger cannabis clubs are now very atypical corporate types including Asian businessmen. Also, the vibe has changed so much in the clubs nowadays. The laid back ones, not yet corporate, would give freebies and just so laid back and free and easy. Those clubs gone the corporate route, so much more businesslike and everything so exact and no pleasant surprises or little freebies for regular customers.

Why I think pot use will decrease from now on is mainly due to the fact the fun is going from the whole experience. On the serious side, for the medical patients, I am one and might no longer cite cannabis as having any benefit to what ails me other than suppressing my nervous system to mask some physical discomfort from my condition. But then again an advil does the same without the anxiety, poor quality sleep, dry mouth and dopiness. The last time I renewed my doctors recommendation, the doctor actually advised against using cannabis for medical conditions. He even stated, the more research into cannabis will show it to be less effective for most conditions than people hope. It is just the idea of combining something you enjoy to do , once illegal, which also has alleged medical benefits that proves to be a winning idea.

For me personally, the medical benefits claims are a joke. Now enjoying it more , just like the old days, infrequent usage and for purely recreational purposes only. Daily usage is a recipe for disaster. What I fear most for regular users now is the psychological toll taken on their mental state and just basic cerebral functioning. Glad I am not in that category of user anymore.

I do think with time and scientific research on long term usage and impact evaluation, cannabis will probably be prohibited again.
This old guy doesn't have bad health effects after smoking marijuana for the majority of his adult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLmlA05qg2g

Old 11-22-2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Provide the studies , the real evidence where cannabis provides proven efficacy to treat the many conditions stated by cannabis club websites, not just anecdotal or otherwise. Not just pain relief but actual proof it treats the disease. In fact , I would hazard a guess , the more actual scientific research done into cannabis and the lofty claims made by the cannabis industry will demote the drug back to it's previous status prior to legalization. If cannabis was so effective, why do not all doctors , not just the special ones prescribe the drug?.

The only worthwhile benefit of cannabis is for increasing appetite. For cancer patients, aids patients and chronically ill this can be a big benefit. Other than these cases and for that purpose alone, to claim it is a wonder drug as purported by the cannabis industry is like the snake oil medicinal miracle of days of old.
Doctors in this country can't actually give a prescription for medical marijuana because it's a Schedule 1 drug. Drug companies in foreign countries have been doing clinical trials on cannabis based drugs and have had some of them approved in their countries. Research by drug companies on cannabis for drug use not done in the USA, since it's a Schedule 1 drug.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Cannabis is one of the most insidious of drugs. Forget the peace and love stuff , the sensual enhancement claims, the thought provoking qualities etc. Pot users live in a fake world and they know it. The outward image is contrived to let others believe all is in control and you are in fact doing the right thing. The lack of sleep, over time , is what brings about the real dopiness, the apathy, the withdrawn nature, the OCD behavior, the anxiety, the lack of lucidity , the lack of mental flexibility, the delusional states, the anger , the loss of control of emotional state, inability to react to events in coherent way (win the lotto if you are a stoner and it would mean nothing , until you might have to remind yourself of what it might mean to win and what the reaction might be) no joking.

Fact is , keep it illegal and charges minimal enough for personal usage and possession. A slap in the wrist , a fine and leave it at that. Up the ante for Federal crackdown on farms etc.

Cannabis is harmful for certain and should not be thought of as a medicine.
So what happened? Did you finally smoke enough pot yourself to make you arrive at the conclusion you gave about it above?

Old 11-22-2016, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I guess you've never controlled a classroom

When students vape in class you have stoners interacting with people trying to learn.. which brings the class down to the lowest common denominator

The teachers... they just pass them through the system happy to be done with them..knowing they will be dead enders

Then you get a stoner for an employee with zero skills who cannot write a simple sentence or even count change after the computer tells them what to dispense

These are the same people who then use or go on to use in addictive amounts and end up with the weird conditions or disease processes from cannabis overuse.

Honey oil approaching high 90's in thc... sure thats innocent.. like drinking white lightning
When I went to high school, all smoking was not allowed in school. If you had to smoke, there was a special place outside called the pit to do it.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Personal experience or clinical trial? because the evidence differs from your experience. With a solid study population we can also see a clearer picture emerging. You claim its chemicals.. well golly gee.. since you are introducing 400 plus when smoked.. and who actually knows how much with other methods it doesn't take a scientist to look at the product and say... um.. too much of this stuff CAN kill you ..if for nothing more than associated chemical exposures. Potheads playing microbiologists is always a good one.. splicing genes... nothing bad can come of that

I did note that some of the classical treatment models for this condition are the introduction of other drugs into the body... just classic...

It was and is always funny to me how most potheads here.. even the most fervent supporters of the "its organic " crowd POUR chemicals on their plants at the mere hint of loss of their crop.. throw in pot for profit.. oh.. that's got to be good.

Even the testing program California has enacted through prop 64 will have many holes.. we cant protect potheads from themselves .. heck we cant even get organic spinach to the market here without making people sick

I foresee ALL the negative conditions for which pot was blamed, vilified by detractors of and then pronounced as false by potheads... being proven in the future. From chronic breathing difficulties to psychological addictions

Ill go with the front line er docs any day

A truly comedic read for some of my pothead friends.. please focus on number twenty.. which many of you will find most illuminating

Why Are Potheads So Annoying? | HardDawn.com
So it's important to understand that marijuana is a lot worse problem to the public in California than meth, even though meth, if you take too much of it can do far worse than make you vomit, it can kill you?

Old 11-22-2016, 01:46 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Personal experience or clinical trial? because the evidence differs from your experience. With a solid study population we can also see a clearer picture emerging. You claim its chemicals.. well golly gee.. since you are introducing 400 plus when smoked.. and who actually knows how much with other methods it doesn't take a scientist to look at the product and say... um.. too much of this stuff CAN kill you ..if for nothing more than associated chemical exposures. Potheads playing microbiologists is always a good one.. splicing genes... nothing bad can come of that

I did note that some of the classical treatment models for this condition are the introduction of other drugs into the body... just classic...

It was and is always funny to me how most potheads here.. even the most fervent supporters of the "its organic " crowd POUR chemicals on their plants at the mere hint of loss of their crop.. throw in pot for profit.. oh.. that's got to be good.

Even the testing program California has enacted through prop 64 will have many holes.. we cant protect potheads from themselves .. heck we cant even get organic spinach to the market here without making people sick

I foresee ALL the negative conditions for which pot was blamed, vilified by detractors of and then pronounced as false by potheads... being proven in the future. From chronic breathing difficulties to psychological addictions

Ill go with the front line er docs any day

A truly comedic read for some of my pothead friends.. please focus on number twenty.. which many of you will find most illuminating

Why Are Potheads So Annoying? | HardDawn.com
Umm; yeah. See; I'm not a pothead.

Modern, post-legalized growing methods are the culprit for what you are talking about. Those are not even "real" cultivators anyway. Just some dude with a few $$ to invest & you ARE right about them ...

One crop scare & out come the chemicals. Legalized weed has had a huge negative impact on quality.

There are a few "good ole boys" out there that know what they are doing & for the most part they steer clear of the yuppie grows. And believe me; the legal grow owners are tripping over themselves to recruit these guys & they don't give them the time of day.

If anything; you are making a case for the illegal product.

(Yawn) Weed is boring anyway ...

So; how do you like what happened with Meth post P2P crackdown? (half kidding)

Old 11-22-2016, 03:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In other words, you're an alcoholic? Let's make exceptions for them.
It's the tired old meme that stoners use to justify their use of dope.

My brother drank himself to death. If I could ban alcohol I would.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:01 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But a government approved doctor said so.
But but but.

Don't like big pharma don't take their stuff.

Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies