Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 06:00 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times

Advertisements

The Trump hotel In Washington D.C. encouraging foreign diplomats to stay there because, well, you know, it's nice to put money in the president-elect's pocket -- Ms. "Blind Trust" Ivanka meeting with the Japanese prime minister with her dad when they discuss the Japanese U.S. bilateral relationship (which surely involves future business deals) -- Trump meeting with foreign Asian business partners???? It hasn't even been two weeks since this con man was elected and he's already increased his portfolio by millions, if not billions. LOL!

Trumpers, admit it please ... no, the man who has been a con didn't decide to go straight for the good of his country at the ripe old age of 70. He's just doing what he always does .. getting rich peddling BS to willing suckers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 06:06 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Well, he was running a business before he got elected and that hasn't stopped.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:07 PM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Actually there are hotels in DC which are recommended for diplomatic missions to use because of their security protocols.

I don't know but Trump is probably smart enough to have incorporated those protocols into the new building.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, he was running a business before he got elected and that hasn't stopped.
You don't think the fact that he's gonna be the president changes that?

Old 11-20-2016, 06:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Actually there are hotels in DC which are recommended for diplomatic missions to use because of their security protocols.

I don't know but Trump is probably smart enough to have incorporated those protocols into the new building.
I work in one of the hotels that holds high profile people. Trump hotel didn't even sell out during IMF week and had to cut their rates in half. It's not a popular hotel destination in the city. Travel agents here won't even recommend his hotel.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:11 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

You're right foreign embassies take security into consideration when determining suitable places for their diplomats to stay, but that's all smoke and mirrors, friend. Any quality hotel in D.C. is going to have very strict security protocols to attract business. They're not picking Trump Hotel for the locks on the front door.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:47 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The Trump hotel In Washington D.C. encouraging foreign diplomats to stay there because, well, you know, it's nice to put money in the president-elect's pocket -- Ms. "Blind Trust" Ivanka meeting with the Japanese prime minister with her dad when they discuss the Japanese U.S. bilateral relationship (which surely involves future business deals) -- Trump meeting with foreign Asian business partners???? It hasn't even been two weeks since this con man was elected and he's already increased his portfolio by millions, if not billions. LOL!

Trumpers, admit it please ... no, the man who has been a con didn't decide to go straight for the good of his country at the ripe old age of 70. He's just doing what he always does .. getting rich peddling BS to willing suckers.
Trump many business and he has his family to take charge Jan. He has tried to hide the issue. Its you sore losers who are who have a problem with an outsider taking charge!

Old 11-20-2016, 07:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I work in one of the hotels that holds high profile people. Trump hotel didn't even sell out during IMF week and had to cut their rates in half. It's not a popular hotel destination in the city. Travel agents here won't even recommend his hotel.
Thats already proven to be a lie..

Trump hotels see boom in bookings after election | New York Post

Old 11-20-2016, 07:41 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
It's much more popular now. I hear, if you stay at the hotel, you get the ear of the President. The more money you give him, the more of his ear you get. If you give substantial presents to his children, you will get even more favor.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:51 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
I'm not sure why. It's a great location; I know it well. Adjacent to the National Mall. Reasonably close to the Capitol and the White House and the Supreme Court, and many other federal buildings. Convenient to the subway system. To me it's as well placed as almost any hotel in D.C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies