Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:23 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I have liked most first ladies including Michelle, Laura, Barbara, and Hillary at first. I did not like Nancy at all. As far as husbands, I liked Daddy Bush and Obama. I disliked Sonny Bush, Reagan, and Clinton.
Interesting. Hillary was always one that I just couldn't bring myself to like 100%. And the scandals just kept on coming. I can still tell you good things about her. She actually got involved. She actually cared in a lot of areas. She spoke out in favor of women's rights in countries women's rights are a complete joke. Every other first lady in my lifetime has been the picture of poise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
She's said some offensive things, 'first time I've been proud of America' 'the house that slaves built' etc. I don't like how she is overhyped and promoted. It's likely she got where she has by diversity promotion.

No public servant should be fired for just criticizing or lampooning her.
No, actually she's where she is because she's married to Barack Obama.

Don't worry about her credentials. You couldn't get into Princeton and Harvard anyway, so she didn't take anything from you.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:53 PM

979 posts, read 490,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Looked pretty trivial to me. The fact that it looks like blatant racism to you would seem to confirm that you are hypersensitive.

Seems to me that anything goes if your black insulting whites or white insulting whites. What insults are whites allowed to use for blacks? Seems that the crusade against racism has taken all options off the table. A white POTUS being depicted as a monkey is fair game. Depicting either of the Obamas as monkeys would be racist. Calling a white political leader white trash or trailer trash is acceptable. Calling a black political leader ghetto isn't acceptable. Just calling Obama incompetent is seen as racist by a lot of people.

Seems like we've created a huge double-standard. Maybe we should just make insulting any standing president or his/her family a felony with a mandatory sentence of 5 years. That'd fix it, right? But to be 100% fair we'd need to extend that to everyone. Nobody is allowed to insult anyone else ever again or it's 5 years in federal prison.
If you say so, but if this were a black officer posting about white people in a racist manner, I would want to see that person lose their job as well because they are clearly not fit to be an officer.

So I am not sure where you get the idea that their is a double standard here since I hold officers to the same standard regardless of their skin color.

Wanting to send someone to prison for 5 years for something they said, now that is hypersensitive. Wanting a cop to be removed from their job as being a police officer because of their racist remakes, then I am all for that. He can get a job doing anything he wants and still be racist, he just shouldn't be in the position of law enforcement.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:28 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't worry about her credentials. You couldn't get into Princeton and Harvard anyway, so she didn't take anything from you.
I'd certainly have a much better shot if I only had to meet the standards required of someone like Michele's identity .

Old 11-23-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
funny you didnt mention legacy whites who get in yale with act scores 150 points lower on average.
funny you didn't mention you don't have to be a horrible white person to get a legacy advantage. Regular whites are a minority in ivy leagues.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:44 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The meme might be ridiculous as Michelle Obama was obviously well educated, intelligent, etc. But the really ridiculous thing is the fact that somebody lost their job over something so trivial. People post stupid stuff about the politicians they disagree with all the time. When did that become a fireable offense? How many people got fired over making or posting pictures depicting George W Bush as a monkey?

The fact that political correctness has gotten this far out of hand is a huge part of why the Republicans won and the Democrats lost so massively this year.
In most states, an employer can fire you at any time, with or without cause, unless you can prove discrimination. Ugly tie, wrong perfume, too tall, too fat, whatever. These days, a person can be fired, or denied the job to begin with, over Facebook pictures of them playing beer pong in high school.

That meme was racist, and I don't think embracing racism is a trivial matter for someone who has been hired to protect and serve ALL citizens.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 11-23-2016 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 11-23-2016, 02:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
In most states, an employer can fire you at any time, with or without cause, unless you can prove discrimination. Ugly tie, wrong perfume, too tall, too fat, whatever. These days, a person can be hired, or denied the job to begin with, over Facebook pictures of them playing beer pong in high school.

That meme was racist, and I don't think embracing racism is a trivial matter for someone who has been hired to protect and serve ALL citizens.
Stole my thunder.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
stole my thunder.
boom!!!

Old 11-23-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Only because it was critical of a public figure who happened to be extra-special identity and was done by a non-special identity. That's the racism. I don't want the government infringing mere speech because it's 'racist' I don't want the private sector doing it either for that matter.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
funny you didnt mention legacy whites who get in yale with act scores 150 points lower on average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
funny you didn't mention you don't have to be a horrible white person to get a legacy advantage. Regular whites are a minority in ivy leagues.
Both of you are starting to get silly.

WTF are "regular whites?"

And 150 points higher or lower on ACT is impossible, as the top score is 36.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies