U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 07:01 PM

17,580 posts, read 19,729,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I hope this isn't the way it appears. But I have yet to hear of anyone but old, fat, white, religious extremist, anti glbt, racist men being proposed for leadership in the Trump administration.

Not one woman, no blacks, no gays? Not even a hint of a moderate White House.

Did we just vote Hitler and the Third Riche into power? I'm pretty sure that's about how the nazis started, with good intentions.
You put someone in those positions based on what they look like... how very racist of you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 08:11 PM

5,998 posts, read 6,817,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
LOL!

Regardless of your political affiliation, history tells us that we should be concerned...VERY concerned....by what we have seen and heard during the campaign, and especially in the past two weeks.

Even if you only read about Hitler, and don't go any further back in history than that, you will see the exact image of what we are witnessing now. Not something that will happen in the future, but is happening right before our eyes.

And just as people thought Hitler was wonderful as he repressed anyone who "didn't look or act like "us", so we see the same as the Donald puts together a team of the worst individuals ever to engage in the America political system.

Remember, it is all good until YOU are the one excluded. Then it is not so funny any longer...

Finally, ONE person who "gets it." Thank you. Keep your head down, it's liable to get ugly from here.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:13 PM

16,709 posts, read 9,075,159 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrat-...160642017.html

Minority-woman-Democrat is being considered for a post.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:16 PM

5,998 posts, read 6,817,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Where are all the tranny candidates? Women, gays and non-whites are passe.
Why are you SO focused on transgender people. It is like every third post of yours. Those who shout the loudest are usually the ones tapping their foot the fastest. And yes, he SHOULD have a transgender person in the administration.

I'm not saying EVERYONE needs to be diverse, and certainly we want the best leadership, ghod knows that's been lacking for twenty years, but there should be some moderate representation.

I think Trump has the POTENTIAL to be the best president since Franklin Roosevelt. But I don't want us to lose the social progress of the past fifty years, but to grow on it.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:17 PM

26,627 posts, read 11,160,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Hrmm...not sure if anyone posted this yet but Governor Nikki Haley has been in meetings with Trump as possible Secretary of State. She is a woman so.... This article dated today:

SC Governor Nikki Haley mum on details of Donald Trump meeting, potential cabinet post | The Star-Telegram
Tulsi Gabbard, one of the few dems with any guts, met with Trump. It would be a dream come true if he picked her, or someone like her as Sec of State.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald...meeting-231711

Old 11-21-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense.

What blacks has Trump ever been associated with? None.

And no, Omarosa doesn't count.
Can I also choose people's race for them to score political points?

Old 11-21-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Where are all the tranny candidates? Women, gays and non-whites are passe.
Where are the Mormon's with Peanut Allergy candidates?

Where are the undocumented resident candidates?

I hope the Alt-Left riots over this!

Old 11-21-2016, 09:56 PM

66,237 posts, read 33,633,272 times
Way better than having ctrl-left Harambre in the Whitehouse stinking it up!

Old 11-21-2016, 10:03 PM

50,135 posts, read 26,559,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Can I also choose people's race for them to score political points?
Excuse me, but all I said is that Trump isn't comfortable with minorities. I didn't say that he was a bad man because of it. I didn't say that non whites should be in his cabinet. I made it clear that he's under no obligation to associate with blacks or anyone else, and that his cabinet should be stocked with the people he trusts.

So get off my ass.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:57 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,453,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I hope this isn't the way it appears. But I have yet to hear of anyone but old, fat, white, religious extremist, anti glbt, racist men being proposed for leadership in the Trump administration.

Not one woman, no blacks, no gays? Not even a hint of a moderate White House.

Did we just vote Hitler and the Third Riche into power? I'm pretty sure that's about how the nazis started, with good intentions.

Hillary pledged to give half of cabinet posts to women.

But her voice was too annoying or something for the idiots in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin (Ohio, we already knew you were stupid.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or