Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 06:35 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times

Advertisements

Too bad social media wasn't around for JFK's escapades ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 06:42 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I totally agree - I can't believe he is still having these little temper tantrums.

He (or one of his staff) deleted one of the tweets about Hamilton, my understand deleting tweets after he is president is a crime?
I wouldn't think a tweet is an official communication.

They ARE unprofessional and probably the dumbest thing he could be doing at this point (he is off to a fairly solid start except for the darned tweets), but there's nothing illegal about being unprofessional.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:43 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
drumpf is a twit and twits tweet. The tweeting twit tweets. End of story!

Old 11-21-2016, 06:43 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,946,692 times
I agree Trump needs to reign it in. Not everybody needs to know every passing thought.
Good news is they take your cell phone when you get inaugurated.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Tweeting is not really cutting edge modern communication...it is still social media and is actually a very trivial and irresponsible form of communication...it is NOT Presidential.

I woke up this morning to hear that TRUMP was bickering with entertainer Alec Baldwin. The two were having a tweeter tiff about Baldwin's latest satire of the president elect.

This is utter foolishness...Having met and observed a member of Baldwin's family in a working environment...I came to the realization that the Baldwin family is not that smart...that Alec is the only one that is even presentable to some degree.

Trump has really let me down...People assume that rich people are all smart...I am a little shocked how dumb Trump might be...YOU are the president for God's sake...you are no longer a reality TV personality...YOU do NOT involve yourself in personal conversations on line...with a damned actor...Baldwin is a guy who plays let pretend for a living...I do not want to see a President who demeans the office by lowering himself - by tweeting like an angry status seeking teenager.

I just hope that TRUMP understands the weight of his office....perhaps rather than sit in bed tweeting to some entertainer that he might be being briefed on the horrific situation in SYRIA ....He can NOT be a silly reactionary kid watching Saturday Night Live....and reacting to some stupid skit where he is being portrayed in a negative satirical manner. Donald....you are a big boy now....NOW...get to work...

This is NOT reality TV...This is real life.
This is a very good post actually.

Trump put the twitter account to rest.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:50 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Firstly - I am up here in Toronto...of course I did not vote... I am just a Canadian observer. Hilary was a disaster as far as ethics was concerned. Having said that - I like a lot of people simply wanted to see a change in American politics...so IF I was American I probably would have voted for Trump/ and yes I was pleased that he won.

NOW...that he has secured the position - I really expected him to understand who and what he now is...The PRESIDENT of the most influential and powerful nation on earth.

Myself I am just some poor aging artist and musician. I have no formal education but even I understand the gravity of the situation.

The stark reality is that the America electoral system is about who had the money to run for President...who had the contacts and how has the notoriety to run. You down there in the states had no real choice ...not for the last couple of decades.

You had this rich old buffoon and the wicked witch of the west to choose from. There has to be a strong concerted effort to manage what you ended up with...It is up to the citizens of America to ensure that the person elected to preside over the nation is under control.

This is the time for pro-active involvement in government...not protesting...not whining and crying like babies...but to stand up and get involved. If you allow these leaders to run wild - you are going to have a problem

People have to understand that YOU each and everyone of you are PRESIDENT.

In my life I have been prosperous and I have endured being on welfare....during my lowest times...I communicated with a former brother inlaw who controlled billions of dollars...and he was wise enough to ask me for advice...This guy was much richer than Trump...but he knew that he did not KNOW everything...Trump had better take advice...as for his damned smart phone...put it down....

He should be using a regular secure phone and communicate with those that matter. Dealing with entertainers is absolutely trivial and useless. Rome is burning...put out the fire.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:51 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
The child the OP describes in his post is exactly the juvenile mentality many of us saw and pointed out--again and again and again. And yet, you sound surprised that he behaves like a middle schooler now, when he behaved like a middle schooler throughout the entire campaign.

What's foolish is to expect a 70 year old man to suddenly change. And as we discovered earlier this month there are millions of truly foolish voters in this country.

Last edited by JAMS14; 11-21-2016 at 07:00 AM..

Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
The thing is, his tweeting is just a symptom. The problem is his temperament, and I don't see that changing just because he loses his cell phone.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,903,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I wouldn't think a tweet is an official communication.

They ARE unprofessional and probably the dumbest thing he could be doing at this point (he is off to a fairly solid start except for the darned tweets), but there's nothing illegal about being unprofessional.
It's official enough for Obama's tweets to be preserved in the National Archives.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...android-att-us

Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Who did you think you were voting for, OP? Because the child you describe in your post is exactly the juvenile mentality many of us saw and pointed out--again and again and again. And yet, you sound surprised that he behaves like a middle schooler now, when he behaved like a middle schooler throughout the entire campaign.

What's foolish is to expect a 70 year old man to suddenly change. And as we discovered earlier this month there are millions of truly foolish voters in this country.
Guessing you didn't read his post above yours. He's a Canadian living in Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies