Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 04:55 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Yes, it is so true... except that it is not.

You see, people don't work like that. They don't kill themselves doing a business, deal with all the BS that the government shovels at them, and then claim they love it and want to help others. This is how I know you are lying or one of those leeches who are sucking on the teet of big governement with your business.

See, people who have ran a business themselves have nothing good to say about the government. They know the BS that is involved with it, the headaches with the health care, the idiocy of state taxes, workmans comp, licenses, environmental compliance, etc.... they know the BS.

Either you have a business that is a drain on the system (ie you get handouts left and right due to the type of business) or you are so small of a business that you have no real step into the reality of the system or you aren't honestly representing yourself in it (ie avoiding some requirements). Either way your story isn't reality, it is a commercial meant to sell progressive policy and no business owner (aside from those getting handouts) is happy about governments hand and demands.

So yes... you are full of it, like your "hard workin" truck driver friend there who just wants to see social justice done!

You people are like bright radio active beacons out of place, out of your environment. We see you coming a mile away.
Wow, because I realize that government is necessary, I am "full of it"? I bet you will change your tune if you get Leukemia or something else fatal, and don't have the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the medical bills sitting in your bank account ready to go; or would you just not seek treatment in that case and let yourself die?

And now you are moving the goal post, first it was have experience in the "working world" earning a living, now it is being a very successful business owner; so what, you consider employee's to be ungreatful leeches now, even though a business needs employees to run? The CEO of my company can't drive the hundreds of trucks in the fleet by himself and be in a thousand places at once.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2016 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: TOS violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 05:03 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
The solution is to have legalized no-questions-asked euthanasia. That will bring down costs.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:05 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
First off, my father is dead, so how dare you?!?
Oh boo hoo, seriously the fact that you are using the comment about moms computer to get offended as you have above says you are looking to be offended; faux outrage.

Quote:
Second, you are commiting liable against me (writing things that are untrue, and can be proven so). I am who I say I am. It is you who I am convinced is a troll

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2016 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 11-23-2016, 06:41 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Oh boo hoo, seriously the fact that you are using the comment about moms computer to get offended as you have above says you are looking to be offended; faux outrage.

So in your opinion, government is satan. And anybody who is not an anarchist like you is stupid/naive? Get out of here, if anarchy is so great, why is Somolia the only country in the world running under such a system?

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2016 at 02:14 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 09:22 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,271,755 times
Buried in all this were some good suggestions. I don't want to pay insurance for unnecessary things, like birth control pills. This is something the individual should pay for. I think we have started thinking of insurance as something that should pay for our health care, not for things that occur unexpectedly.

Imagine what car insurance would cost if the company had to pay for oil changes.

I do think that some health conditions are so catastrophic that only the government can handle them. Then, the government should step in and help.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:32 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
If we get rid of Obamacare, we will be back where we were. I think Obamacare was not the right way to go, but we do need to reform how health care is handled. A few suggestions I came up with:

Insurance premiums tax deductible. I think having insurance benefits everyone. I would not only like to see medical insurance premiums tax deductible, I would like to see all insurance premiums tax deductible.

Insurance sold across state borders. Why should an insurance company be required to incorporate a separate entity for each state.

Whatever company has coverage when a condition arises should cover that condition as long as it exists.

The government should provide reimbursement to an insurance company when the costs of a condition reaches a certain point ($500,000?). There are some conditions that are so expensive that no one company could handle the payments.

Offer varying amounts of deductibles and co-pays. I keep the cash to pay my annual deductible in a CD. It has been quietly earning interest years. I have always been able to pay the deductible each year without accessing my 'backup' money.

Let people buy the coverage they want rather than offering a 'take it or leave it' package. I am of the age where I don't need maternity care - why should I pay for it? When I was young, my main concern was coverage for a condition that would leave me disabled. I wanted more accident coverage than anything else. Now, I am more interested in coverage for expensive, chronic conditions.
alternatives????

Well, we will have to pass them to see what is in them.... at least the dems should be good with that.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:56 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
We could try RomneyCare.

Oh, wait...
"We could try RomneyCare."

First, he was a STATE governor.

If you don't know the difference, there is no use tying to haven honest discussion with you.

Second, do you mean what Romney proposed or the one AFTER the DEM politician ADDED to the ORIGINAL bill?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:27 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Buried in all this were some good suggestions. I don't want to pay insurance for unnecessary things, like birth control pills. This is something the individual should pay for. I think we have started thinking of insurance as something that should pay for our health care, not for things that occur unexpectedly.

Imagine what car insurance would cost if the company had to pay for oil changes.

I do think that some health conditions are so catastrophic that only the government can handle them. Then, the government should step in and help.
Some of these lesser things like BCP's are very minor in cost compared to the gains made by joining a larger group of insured. Male and female.

When you are in Medicare and accumulate enough complicated medical conditions and medications, coverage for maintenance makes sense.

I think that most of the private carriers have reinsurance farmed out for those few massive bills. My secretary's son developed an extremely rare T-cell lymphoma at about age 8. It was over $1.3M the first year alone. 10 years later he is doing great.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
IMO, catastrophic plans should be available for all ages. There are a lot of people over 30 and even ovr 40 and 50 that are just as healthy as someone under 30. People over 30 are more likely to have cash set aside to cover the deductible for catastrophic plans. Can't say what the premium would be, but it certainly will be lower than a plan with a lower deductible.
I could see the benefit of this. People that are overweight or obese are more prone to diabetes so they would not qualify. Reward those that maintain a low weight and maintain healthy living habits, do not smoke, etc. with a lower cost plan.

Maybe those that are overweight or obese will be motivated to live a healthier lifestyle in order to qualify for the lower cost plan.

This is not unlike the old system before Obamacare in that insurance companies did make policies more expensive based on certain factors. The difference being they could just cancel a policy due to "pre-existing conditions" should a person get sick.

I still think universal health care is the answer, but one cannot escape the fact that weight and lifestyle are a factor in higher health costs.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
First off, my father is dead, so how dare you?!?

Second, you are commiting liable against me (writing things that are untrue, and can be proven so). I am who I say I am. It is you who I am convinced is a troll

It's libel, not liable, and your accusation that someone is making libelous statements about you is rich, given that you've called posters sociopaths and trolls.

All against TOS, by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies