Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:28 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times

Advertisements

Romney is undeserving, not to mention a poor choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 02:09 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Are you all talking about the same Mitt Romney who just 4 years ago went on a "World Insult Tour" where he offended people in just about every country he stepped foot in; or is there some other guy with that name?

Romney Stumbles in Europe, but Fallout Is Likely Minimal | TIME.com

Really short memories.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
No to Romney and No to Rudy... who are the other contenders?
Lol--Newt.

Romney is at least sane and has not taken money from a bunch of shady figures around the world like demented Rudy.

But it appears Kelly Ann and Jared are choosing the appointments, so whatever they think.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:20 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
...If Trump brings in Romney or a toadie from Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan, then we know his drain the swamp talk was all BS...
Don't waste your time, fretting over any plans to "Drain the swamp", the SwampMaster has already decided that nobody who voted in the last election really wanted that... As far as term limits and related things like that go, they are DOA to the congress.

https://conservative-daily.com/2016/...g-drain-swamp/

Old 11-30-2016, 10:37 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
I don't really like Romney he always rubbed me the wrong way.

But for Trump to seriously consider him for Sec. state after all the smack Romney talked about Trump, this shows that Trump isn't a bad person at heart. In fact I think it shows him to have a sense of maturity and forgiveness not showing in many people and especially leaders.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:43 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I don't really like Romney he always rubbed me the wrong way.

But for Trump to seriously consider him for Sec. state after all the smack Romney talked about Trump, this shows that Trump isn't a bad person at heart. In fact I think it shows him to have a sense of maturity and forgiveness not showing in many people and especially leaders.
This simply illustrates to me that Trump will flip or flop to any position at any time in order to make himself look better. He couldn't CARE LESS about you or me or anyone else in this country. He's never forgiven anyone in his life. Master manipulator with zero integrity and zero credibility.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:54 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
I was very surprised that Romney would even consider it. But he probably feels right at home with the other billionaires the Donald is using to prop up his global empire. Lots of guys who buy things bankrupt them and leaved with the cash. Romney might be able to teach the Donald a thing or two. Bain Capital will fit right in. The Trump administration is already starting to get fishy.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:48 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Who was Hillary going to hire to kill Asad and the others?

Old 12-03-2016, 07:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Don't waste your time, fretting over any plans to "Drain the swamp", the SwampMaster has already decided that nobody who voted in the last election really wanted that... As far as term limits and related things like that go, they are DOA to the congress.

https://conservative-daily.com/2016/...g-drain-swamp/

His drain the swamp speech was the highlight of his campaign though and I and many others voted with that in mind

We are back to square one where not a dam thing will change with the establishment that owns DC

Old 12-03-2016, 08:34 PM

601 posts, read 592,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I was very surprised that Romney would even consider it. But he probably feels right at home with the other billionaires the Donald is using to prop up his global empire. Lots of guys who buy things bankrupt them and leaved with the cash. Romney might be able to teach the Donald a thing or two. Bain Capital will fit right in. The Trump administration is already starting to get fishy.
Romney should have told Trump to - well, I can't write what he should have told him to do. But needless to say, I too think that Trump was just trying to get him to bow and kiss the ring - he rewards loyalty.

I'll be surprised if he picks Romney for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies