Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:17 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,436,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It shouldn't matter WHO the employee is or was be it Veteran,Manager or Director, not performing out you go. As for those in duplicate jobs or in unneeded agencies? Well, give the option of transferring to some other agency if there's an open position or, just like any other employer you'll receive layoff benefits and job placement services. It's past time to reduce the bloat, remove redundant or useless jobs/agencies and do a full forensic audit of the U.S. Government. It's way past time to reform the compensation of ALL federal employees and bring them into line with their private counterparts. I don't know of ANY private companies that give automatic raises, or that give bonuses to workers who performed poorly or just because they showed up for work. This by the way INCLUDES retirement and health benefits.
Are you saying the military should be subjected to this process as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 12:45 PM

13,628 posts, read 20,695,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post

I guess you never heard of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC).

Old 11-22-2016, 01:05 PM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
There are a ton of poor workers in the government. They should get shown the door. Government needs higher standards. We can't have good government when we have bad government workers.
Don't forget, a fish rots from the head.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:08 PM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
WHy not? It's the only major government agency to have never been audited. How do we even know what's going on in the military and why should it be sacrosanct?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:34 PM

17,346 posts, read 9,166,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
There are a ton of poor workers in the government. They should get shown the door. Government needs higher standards. We can't have good government when we have bad government workers.
By "poor", you must mean "not effective" workers.
YES, they do exist - but there are also a lot of "good workers", people who go to work every day who understand they work FOR the American people.

The very idea that the "entitled workforce" that are in it for ME-ME-ME and have no hesitation in dealing in Fraud, Corruption and "work the system for personal gain" ..... need to be Purged has the Leftist Federal Workers in a Hysterical meltdown.

Let's go back a bit - anyone remember the last Government Shutdown? Anyone remember all those Federal Workers that got 'furloughs' and then paid for those furloughs while they were Double Dipping by filing for Food Stamps and Unemployment Insurance? Anyone remember the Northern VA posters that were constantly posting about "poor,poor,poor ME-ME-ME" while they were doing the Double Dipping?

I do, and I remember their names ...... Hi Christine
I'm not bitter, but have no doubt you would call me (and have in the past) a "Bitter Old Fart" and probably a Deplorable Bitter Clinger as well.

MY kids will be just fine - They were raised with a CORE of decency and honesty. They were raised to take care of themselves and not depend on the Government OR and Federal Job to exist.

...... those that take advantage of the System and are all about ME-ME-ME are right to be worried.
The American Taxpayer is FED-UP with this nonsense.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:51 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,907,012 times
There are too many agencies that are doing similar work that can be consolidated into a more efficient one. I don't know many people in the private sector that aren't each doing the work of 3 people already. Why not government employees as well?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:52 PM

17,346 posts, read 9,166,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Will this apply to the President?
A President that refuses a Salary? A President that works for Middle America and NOT the "Elite Washington Insiders"? There is a new Play Book in Washington today and it is NOT to protect the Federal Worker Gravy Train.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,478,796 times
All the hate against government workers and their pay packages is misdirected. It should instead be directed at the haters' own employers. Instead of saying, I don't get this, so x shouldn't get it either, ask your employer why you don't get it instead...

Old 11-22-2016, 07:08 PM

35,416 posts, read 20,786,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
There are too many agencies that are doing similar work that can be consolidated into a more efficient one. I don't know many people in the private sector that aren't each doing the work of 3 people already. Why not government employees as well?
What makes you think they are not ???? Some have only had 1% raise and not every year, the last 8... Most are not making those posted media salaries of $70+ Those are the managers or supervisors salaries. There's a lot of hard working govt people keeping you and your safe from many things. If I had a choice I'd cut the top- the congress . But I know won't happen, drawing the swamp not going to happen. The too big to fail, like banks. Too much fall through the cracks, if too large. Can't separate law enforcement . Example. an illegal with Isis ties, somehow got on drugs and still had some in his possession, robbed a fed. bank killed people and crossed state lines. Several Agencies be involved, not one agency has all the massive info and assets to help this case go to trial. FBI great with technology, CBP manpower/ ice illegal transportation info.. Can't put all under one roof.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:15 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,436,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I guess you never heard of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC).
I did. The last round concluded 11 years ago. The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014 specifically prohibits authorization of future BRAC rounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_R...nt_and_Closure

I also heard about sequestration, which Dear Leader says he'll dismantle. Then he'll boost military spending along with headcounts and hardware acquisitions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N28MUI5ixlk

Today's military is already the beneficiary of federal spending that exceeds the combined military budgets of the next seven nations ranked by spending.

So don't tell me federal spending is being cut across the board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies