Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 10:25 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Just rejoin Mexico and be done with it already.
California would be begging to be let back in. No way could Mexico afford the elite in Beverly Hills and such.....This isn't going to happen, California is a lot redder than most people want to believe.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:35 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yay! This^ attitude from out-of-state is what I'm counting on.

These 2 polls bode well for the cause:

The nation's opinion:
Which state would be the first voted out? California. Of the voters willing to ditch a state or two, 53 percent pick the Golden State.
Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union | Fox News

Here's the view from California:

Calexit poll: Would you support the Yes California movement? - The San Diego Union-Tribune

We're all already on the same page.
I don't give much credence to such online polls. But I'd be interested in seeing some actual telephone polls conducted. I'd be surprised if the proposition had more than about 25 percent support among Californians.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:36 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
That dunce won fair and square and within the law.
Right he was installed by the system, congrats, likewise a constitutional amendment, also within the law, would permit a state to leave.

Quote:
What you fantasize about is illegal and undesired by the vast majority.
It might be a fantasy but there is a legal path to accomplish independence-it's called a constitutional amendment.

Quote:
Nobody will be talking about this by in a few months.
Well that all depends on how President dunce performs.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:37 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
I think both California and Texas should be allowed to secede (separately) if their residents vote for it.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:40 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, and will wonders never cease, they're still part of the U.S.! Same thing with CA, Alt-Left/far left will moan and groan about their illegal brethren being forced to actually follow the laws of the U.S....

6 months to a year from now this conversation will have evaporated to be replaced with some other perceived slight causing a new temper tantrum and stomping of feet/teeth gnashing.
That's how it is with Kalifornia, some noisy petulant children always with something to cry and whine about as the other 3/4 or more of the state goes about their daily activities and working their arse off to feed their families all the while shaking their heads and rolling their eyes at those whiny babies and wondering when they'll either grow the hell up or move somewhere else taking their blood sucking leaders like Jerry Brown with them...
Thank you, voice of sanity.

Last edited by Mike930; 11-22-2016 at 10:59 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I don't give much credence to such online polls. But I'd be interested in seeing some actual telephone polls conducted. I'd be surprised if the proposition had more than about 25 percent support among Californians.
Well that's why we need time to educate voters on the pros and cons l.

There is a lot at stake here.

1. California is at odds with Trump as far as undocumented residents.
2. California is at odds with Trump over environmental protection.
3. California is at odds with Trump as far as health care.
4. California is at odds with Trump as far as social programs.
5. California is at odds with Trump as far as tax policy.
6. California is at odds with Trump as far as abortion rights.

etc.

And his heavy handed approach to all of these issues is immoral to most Californians, I say that based on how we vote.

So we begin to see a widening gap between Sacramento and Washington DC-and I see neither side budging on any of these issues.

In fact, our state leaders have been outright defiant.

So if we can present this to voters for them to ponder on just what sort of country do they want to live in, perhaps they might take a hard look.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
wow.....liberal California pushing for STATES RIGHTS

Old 11-22-2016, 10:52 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:

etc.

And his heavy handed approach to all of these issues is immoral to most Californians, I say that based on how we vote.

So we begin to see a widening gap between Sacramento and Washington DC-and I see neither side budging on any of these issues.

So if we can present this to voters for them to ponder on just what sort of country do they want to live in, perhaps they might take a hard look.
1. California is at odds with Trump as far as undocumented residents....yep California is all for ILLEGALs

2. California is at odds with Trump over environmental protection....yep Cali, where a fish is more important than a Human

3. California is at odds with Trump as far as health care...yep Cali, where personal responsibility, and paying for your own bill, mean NOTHING....

4. California is at odds with Trump as far as social programs....really...Prop8

6. California is at odds with Trump as far as abortion rights.... because killing a 36 week old fetus is just so moral

Old 11-22-2016, 10:57 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:

etc.

Your state voted against gay marriage.

Knuckledragging mouthbreathers!

And judging by the results of that ballot initiative, maybe you'll be better off with a state called Coastalfornia

Old 11-22-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. California is at odds with Trump as far as undocumented residents....yep California is all for ILLEGALs

2. California is at odds with Trump over environmental protection....yep Cali, where a fish is more important than a Human

3. California is at odds with Trump as far as health care...yep Cali, where personal responsibility, and paying for your own bill, mean NOTHING....

4. California is at odds with Trump as far as social programs....really...Prop8

6. California is at odds with Trump as far as abortion rights.... because killing a 36 week old fetus is just so moral
Right so we disagree vehemently with you and Trump and arent going to give in.

So let us go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies