U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:00 PM
 
4 posts, read 1,370 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
To whom?


You dont for pay anything in California-hahahaha what a joke.
CA owes hundreds of billions in liabilities. It's ugly.

You ought to read up on this kind of stuff before you vote for something. However, I'm all for it because your politicians are partying and expecting no hangover at my expense.

 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,260 posts, read 54,982,722 times
Reputation: 15287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
What right-wing BS? I've already provided you links from Stanford University, Public Policy Institute of California, and the California Legislative Analyst Office, but go ahead--continue repeating that this is made up by the right-wing.
None of these sources confirm that California accounts for 33% of the nation's welfare recipients. Not a damn one.

Quote:
The fact that you automatically think GDP = richest means you have no idea what you're talking about.
LOL please stop. This is how wealth between countries is measured.

Quote:
How does CA's GDP help individuals and family's in real world terms?
All economic activity is part of the GDP. When the GDP grows, that's indicative of increased productivity which usually means more jobs, gdp data affects the stock market, federal reserve interest rate hikes or cuts which affects bank loans, etc.

Quote:
CA will always have high GDP because of its large population, the food crops we export, and the global success of Hollywood.
You mean CA is a major world economy that is a leader in agriculture, media, technology, tourism, education, health care, trade & commerce, etc.

You would be correct.

Quote:
I notice you conveniently left Texas off this list, though they are right before CA in terms of GDP. Should they secede as well?
This thread is about California but okay...

2015 GDP
California $2,458,535,000,000
Texas $1,586,468,000,000

2014 GDP
California $2,324,995,000,000
Texas $1,601,977,000,000

2014-2015 GDP Growth
California +$133.540 Billion
Texas -$15.509 Billion

#boom

Quote:
Trump will assume office so all your delusions of CA seceding are a fantasy.
Haha educating you makes it all worth the effort.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:11 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
11,368 posts, read 18,562,952 times
Reputation: 7901
go ahead California, we will build a wall and make you pay for it.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,260 posts, read 54,982,722 times
Reputation: 15287
Quote:
Originally Posted by trorlflsls View Post
CA owes hundreds of billions in liabilities. It's ugly.
Haha no, those are unfunded retirement accounts. We currently have $532 billion in state retirement systems( CalPERS and CalSTRS) that some think is not being replenished fast enough, but what we can do is negotiate for more favorable terms with all new hires

Quote:
You ought to read up on this kind of stuff before you vote for something. However, I'm all for it because your politicians are partying and expecting no hangover at my expense.
Haha once again, you arent paying for anything over here.

On the other hand, California pays $370 billion to the federal govt every year in taxes, of which $30 billion is spent in OTHER STATES.

So yeah, sorry to burst your bubble-not really.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,260 posts, read 54,982,722 times
Reputation: 15287
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
go ahead California, we will build a wall and make you pay for it.
Ha! To keep you lot out, we'll insist on building it ourselves if for no other reason that it be built to high standards.

You can trust that.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:23 PM
 
4,709 posts, read 3,493,267 times
Reputation: 4416
California is a lot like Lena Dunham.

All talk.

No action.


I don't believe a word out of the left coast loony bin.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,260 posts, read 54,982,722 times
Reputation: 15287
And just to answer kapahawoman's query about Texas, why shouldnt states like CA and TX and really any other states be allowed to secede?

Youre trampling on our right to govern ourselves.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:26 PM
 
4 posts, read 1,370 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha no, those are unfunded retirement accounts. We currently have $532 billion in state retirement systems( CalPERS and CalSTRS) that some think is not being replenished fast enough, but what we can do is negotiate for more favorable terms with all new hires


Haha once again, you arent paying for anything over here.

On the other hand, California pays $370 billion to the federal govt every year in taxes, of which $30 billion is spent in OTHER STATES.

So yeah, sorry to burst your bubble-not really.
Uh, sure. Whatever you say.

You should skip voting, and run for Governor now. If you have this solved, as you indicate, Jerry will step down this evening so you can do your work.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:29 PM
 
21,303 posts, read 11,526,250 times
Reputation: 12162
How many threads are you going to start on this ridiculousness?

What childish, trollish behavior.
 
Old 11-21-2016, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland/ Piedmont, CA
32,260 posts, read 54,982,722 times
Reputation: 15287
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How many threads are you going to start on this ridiculousness?

What childish, trollish behavior.
What are you talking about?

The reason I posted this because TODAY secession advocates filed to put on the 2018 statewide ballot and to share that there are 13,000 volunteers now working up and down the state to mobilize support.

You dont have to reply, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top