Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 12:22 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,711,752 times

Advertisements

The judge was an idiot. What did these new immigrants he sworn in have anything to do with the anti-Trump movement, since they couldn't even have voted yet on Nov 8? He should have directed his lecture instead to the young natural born citizens who are still protesting on the streets. Talk about misdirection!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 06:59 AM

76,867 posts, read 47,182,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
The judge was an idiot. What did these new immigrants he sworn in have anything to do with the anti-Trump movement, since they couldn't even have voted yet on Nov 8? He should have directed his lecture instead to the young natural born citizens who are still protesting on the streets. Talk about misdirection!
Maybe he is simply disgusted by his task of swearing in immigrants.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:59 AM

35,335 posts, read 20,699,860 times
time to step down sir-

Old 11-22-2016, 07:10 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,265,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is surprising a judge doing the induction did not realize they could not have voter for anyone until they actually became citizens which happened after the elections. Heck of a thing to tell new citizens though, as if they can't have their own opinion about politics.
Right, no illegals voted in this election!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 11-22-2016, 07:16 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,596,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I agree with him, soooo sick of the bellyaching and moaning from all sides in regards to this freaking election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.643930541848

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avPF6746duE
Do you have any idea how strong this country would be if they all the liberals left?

It'd be like a dead weight of massive proportions lifted from the shoulders. Leave this country to those that believe in the ideals that made this country strong, hard work and taking pride in being responsible for one's self.

I better realize that all that rhetoric is pure fantasy before I set my hopes and expectations too high.

Nope their vote next election will continue to progress this nation toward globalism and fiscal insolvency with the expansion of entitlements and Government power.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:21 AM

16,934 posts, read 12,480,863 times
This judge on the surface seems biased.

Note: I dont like Ginsburg for the same reason.

Perhaps we could do without both of them.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Right, no illegals voted in this election!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I hate to point out the painfully obvious, but obviously they were legal immigrants who had gone through the naturalization process to get to the final stage, the swearing in ceremony.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:37 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,787,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Trump has unleashed a war on political correctness...it's very refreshing.
I hate political correctness, too. I'm a firm believer in being forthright, though always respectful.

With that in mind, I can't help but notice that many of you who CLAIM to be all about freedom of speech are, paradoxically, quick to say that immigrants -- many of whom are already citizens and have been for years -- should "get out" if they don't like Trump (or whichever politician). According to y'all, these naturalized CITIZENS are out of line by expressing their views, and perhaps their discontent, about aspects of the country in which they live, work hard, pay taxes, raise kids, volunteer, vote, etc.

As citizens, do they not have the same rights as all other citizens? Do you believe in the 1st Amendment, or not? Are you, or you not, going to uphold the US Constitution?

Old 11-22-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear
Trump has unleashed a war on political correctness...it's very refreshing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I hate political correctness, too. I'm a firm believer in being forthright, though always respectful.
Trump will turn out to be the most PC president ever, although he seems very selective about it, reserving himself the right to say whatever he likes, while denying others the same right. The theater thing was a perfect example where he cant stop talking about what other people said, and how they must apologize.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,787,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Do you have any idea how strong this country would be if they all the liberals left?

It'd be like a dead weight of massive proportions lifted from the shoulders. Leave this country to those that believe in the ideals that made this country strong, hard work and taking pride in being responsible for one's self.

I understand perfectly. You want to surround yourself with people who think just like you do. You simply can't tolerate freedom and diversity of thought, the very foundation of the United States of America. How incredibly boring. I cannot relate to your myopia, your lack of imagination.

More important, your views seem horrifically un-American. Perhaps YOU should have left during the Obama years if you so dislike liberalism and anyone with different views, hmm? Maybe you should have gone to one of the highly livable, peaceful, safe, right-wing dictatorships, um, I mean, countries. It sounds to me like you'd be very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies