Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 09:00 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,437,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Why would anyone want to join together with people who are so uninformed and illogical in their thinking that they can't tell the difference between Trump supporters and Nazis?

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/...700703eea.jpeg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kZmIm7lF4mo/maxresdefault.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 09:02 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,723,596 times
Some of your buds from Mr. Soros' crew?

Old 11-21-2016, 09:22 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,284,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh....OK.....you meant like he did in Portland Or.---- eerrrr was that someone else ?
I live near Portland. The rioters, and folks doing damage are a large anarchist group that uses protests as a cover. They have been widely condemned by the local protestors, who also got a gofundme account to help repair damages.
Source:
https://www.gofundme.com/portlands-r...e-rebuild-fund

I know, I know, im ruining folks fun again.

The protestors DO block traffic occasionally though, but thats a far cry from vandalism.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:31 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,859,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. But I'm not a cut and dry liberal either. I'm actually socially conservative too despite my left wing economic views. The alt-right needs to be swept away in a tsunami. It's a movement that is just a modern rehash of the KKK. They traded in their white bed sheets with holes in them for a suit and tie. Deplorables in businessmen's clothing
Wow.....

I always thought accusing someone of regurgitating talking points was just kind of a rhetorical attack, but you went and took it to a new level. You lifted the bolded line directly from this evening's "The Rachael Maddow Show"... I distinctly remember her guest saying exactly what you just typed....

Makes your username fairly ironic.... Have any ORIGINAL thoughts?

Old 11-22-2016, 12:36 AM

34,274 posts, read 19,284,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Wow.....

I always thought accusing someone of regurgitating talking points was just kind of a rhetorical attack, but you went and took it to a new level. You lifted the bolded line directly from this evening's "The Rachael Maddow Show"... I distinctly remember her guest saying exactly what you just typed....

The other posters bolded comment might just work well because...its not really wrong in some ways.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,432,455 times
Talking Well, well, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
How contemptible and dishonest.

You guys are as trustworthy as a basket full of pit vipers.

Sure, we'll help you.

Just do me one favor:

When things revert to the way that they were, be sure to plunge the knife in our back as deep as possible to make your treachery as painless as possible. You know, when you go back to calling "social conservatives" Nazis.

The reality is this: you'll apply the "Nazi" appellation to anyone, no matter how close to the center or far to the Right that they are; as long as they resist whatever special interest group you deem to be the victim of the week.

And here you are: again getting whipped up into the same frenzy by the media that has always told you what to think and feel. Your collective politics are about as deep and smart as mud puddle.

The only difference between Trump and the "social conservatives" that you now want to cuddle up to is that Trump is actually going to create border controls, whereas "social conservatives" have long been kept at bay by the Neocons. That's about it, and that's what the "Nazis" like. That socially conservative policies are going to be given more than lip service in the next four years. Social conservatives like Trump as well. That the New York Times wants to crank the volume on their Nazi accusations, because their politics are actually about to take a four year hit, doesn't mean that the accusations are anything new.

My advice is to grow a spine and stop looking to make friends with those who you despise and would spit on should they have less power. It only makes your kind look more deceptive and devious; not that the nation needs any more help in discerning that fact at this point.
That's a refreshing little screed.

I'd give it a 3 on a scale of 10.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:47 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,852,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Wow.....

That's a coincidence. I wasn't watching Rachel Maddow at the time. I'm surprised you were

Old 11-22-2016, 08:59 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,702,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
For years, liberals like me have ridiculed you guys and saw you as a threat. But now with the growing emergence of Neo Nazism with the advent of Trumpism, I've came to the realization that social conservatism was just a worldview of goodwill though I disagree with elements of it.

It's time for progressives and social conservatives to work together to counter the threat of fascism in our republic. It's a necessity.
I didn't vote for Trump. If I had it to do over again, I still wouldn't vote for Trump. I didn't vote for Trump because he irritates me and because I think his policies and programs will backfire or just plain fail.

What I really cannot begin to comprehend is the folks drawing parallels to Hitler and the Nazis. It's a big part of what's so very wrong in America today. Liberals and Conservatives can't just disagree on things. They've gotta turn one another into the boogieman. And interestingly enough, Trump is making the left look reallly stupid by intentionally getting them to way overdo it.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:06 AM

88,713 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
For years, liberals like me have ridiculed you guys and saw you as a threat. But now with the growing emergence of Neo Nazism with the advent of Trumpism, I've came to the realization that social conservatism was just a worldview of goodwill though I disagree with elements of it.

It's time for progressives and social conservatives to work together to counter the threat of fascism in our republic. It's a necessity.
I don't think working together is going to be possible until the ctrl-left eradicates their fascist intolerance.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:01 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,859,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's a coincidence.

If you say so..... You repeated his line verbatim.... and you typed it on the same night he said it, just minutes after he said it.
Quote:
I wasn't watching Rachel Maddow at the time. I'm surprised you were
Oh, surprise, surprise.... A Conservative who listens/watches something other than Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. Stereotypes and broad generalizations never hold up well to reality. Rachael's one of the few Liberal commentators I actually like. She's genuine ( even though I don't agree with her on much )I like being exposed to a wide array of perspectives and viewpoints so that I can challenge my own in the process. I like to scrutinize and test my own belief structure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies