U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 06:43 AM

79,328 posts, read 33,653,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Like you and pipeline right? My family has been in the oil/gas and pipeline industry for over 100 years...so tell me just how your their expert there......
I've never claimed to be or claim that I was going to educate people while getting it wrong.

Quote:
Cut me... I bleed crude.... Go ahead... try to school me Obi Wan.......
I did. Anarchists do not believe in violence. Anarchism is the belief of everyone living their own life as they please while leaving others to peaceably live theirs without interference from the government.

I personally do not believe that is attainable but I'm still not going to try and falsely label people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 06:44 AM

27,583 posts, read 17,664,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
If you read the whole article it says that the protestors were starting fires near the bridge and throwing rocks at the officers. The protestors need to learn that there are consequences to their actions. If they had behaved like civilized adults then the cops wouldn't have sprayed them, instead, the protestors decided to behave like brain dead Neanderthals.

Violent riots, assaulting police, destroying private property and vicious temper tantrums seems to be the norm among many of today's particularly ignorant "hipsters". This group of spoiled azzhats is little different than the ones in BLM or the ones rioting over the fact that Hillary lost an election. Part of the problem with an entire generation of snowflakes. Even worse are the ones that are 40, 50, 60 years old and never grew up and still participate in these violent acts.

Mental illness? Simple minded people acting out violent acts? Violent people given an excuse to act like thugs? Or as a culture have we just become numb to adults throwing temper tantrums?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:47 AM

24,042 posts, read 11,953,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 803andy View Post

Police spray North Dakota Access Pipeline protesters with water cannon - Business InsiderAfter months of protest against the proposed North Dakota Access Pipeline, the clash between police and activists heated up Sunday night as temperatures cooled to dangerous levels.
Protesters, many of whom are from the Standing Rock Indian Reservation, have been demonstrating against the oil pipeline that would pass through North Dakota's Lake Oahe, a sacred burial site and major source of drinking water for the Standing Rock Sioux.

Really??
Indians have no standing in pipeline.

Soak those protesters down hourly.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:48 AM

24,042 posts, read 11,953,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
That's shameful. I really feel for the Native Americans that live on that reservation.
Pipeline not going through the res.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:49 AM

3,696 posts, read 3,291,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've never claimed to be or claim that I was going to educate people while getting it wrong.

I did. Anarchists do not believe in violence. Anarchism is the belief of everyone living their own life as they please while leaving others to peaceably live theirs without interference from the government.

I personally do not believe that is attainable but I'm still not going to try and falsely label people.

Wrong... The very definition of anarchist (Websters) is

: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power
: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order

Old 11-22-2016, 06:52 AM

7,089 posts, read 4,104,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Pipeline not going through the res.
It's going under their water supply.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Wrong... The very definition of anarchist (Websters) is

: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power
I am all for that. It doesn't have to be violent.

Quote:
: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy; especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order
They are wrong. It's like calling those who supported the bail out of failed businesses a "capitalist". No part of Capitalism supports that.

People want to label people because it makes them feel better about themselves. We weren't killing other people in WWII. We were killing chinks and krauts.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:56 AM

4,359 posts, read 5,289,091 times
They should soak the protesters in NY the same way!

Old 11-22-2016, 06:56 AM

3,696 posts, read 3,291,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am all for that. It doesn't have to be violent.

They are wrong. It's like calling those who supported the bail out of failed businesses a "capitalist". No part of Capitalism supports that.
Then you need to take that up with the Webster's dictionary people. I'm sure they'll change their definition, to be just exactly what YOU want it to be......

Old 11-22-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Then you need to take that up with the Webster's dictionary people. I'm sure they'll change their definition, to be just exactly what YOU want it to be......
Anarchists will retaliate..........only after someone has been violent towards them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies