Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 07:02 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,012,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
They were starting fires to stay warm due to subfreezing temperatures.
They were also throwing rocks at cops. Assaulting someone then complaining when they assault you back is foolishness. If the protestors didn't want to be sprayed with the water cannon then they should have remained peaceful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 07:02 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It's going under their water supply.
Yes.... for the moment it is. Learn about HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) and you'll see how that is to be handled.

The fact is... Standing Rock took over 34m in grant money a few years ago to move their water intake. The intake their protesting is scheduled to be shut down by years end. Construction on the new one (started before all the DAPL protests began) is almost complete. One again folks.... there's two sides to this story... and your only being fed, or reading 1/2 truths.......

Old 11-22-2016, 07:06 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
They were also throwing rocks at cops. Assaulting someone then complaining when they assault you back is foolishness. If the protestors didn't want to be sprayed with the water cannon then they should have remained peaceful.
They have also fired weapons at the police and the workers. I have a lot a friends working up there (or trying to anyway). They have been violently confronted every step of the way. I lost all compassion for the protesters when they turned from peaceful to violent.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:24 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Horse hockey. They haven't slaughtered your family and forced you onto the least desirable land they could find, and then desecrated what was once your home.
ive never done that to anyone
nor have I ever owned a slave
nor did I join the jews in killing Christ
nor did I join the Nazis in killing jews
nor did I help stalin kill Russians
nor did I help...you get the picture

Old 11-22-2016, 07:28 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
No. It IS exactly.

Unless you are native American, you are an immigrant.
I was born here...
Ive never immigrated anywhere

oh but my ancestors immigrated here so hence I am an immigrant??
maybe if you trace my ancestory back far enough, you might find cave men or Neanderthals or some sub human species...perhaps bacteria that was on this continent...hence you don't know for sure I am an immigrant...how far back do you liberal "were all immigrants" touters want to take it

lets go back far enough, when all the land on the earth was one super continent, before tutonic shifts broke it up into the continents we have today...hence NONE of us are immigrants...sigh

Old 11-22-2016, 07:29 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
ive never done that to anyone
nor have I ever owned a slave
nor did I join the jews in killing Christ
nor did I join the Nazis in killing jews
nor did I help stalin kill Russians
nor did I help...you get the picture
I agree with you that guilt by some sort of association no matter how thin is wrong, but it did happen.

The same sort of thing is happening now. Are you guilty? People in one place want the pipeline moved because they are concerned for their water supply. They get it moved.

Others are now concerned over the very same thing and screw them? Is this you?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:20 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,186,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Unless you are native American, you are an immigrant.
If you go back far enough, even the Aborigines were immigrants, migrating from Asia.
So your conclusion is false.

And based on the current population (320+ million) versus a far less population that can be supported by primitive hunting / gathering, most people in America owe the Europeans for advancing agriculture.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:20 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
I have a lot of Indian friends. I get their animosity about the past. The Indian wars were brutal. Beyond brutal. Many reservations are armpits. However, it's not due to lack of money that they are that way. It money spent in ways it shouldn't have been. Drugs and alcohol tear Indians to shreds. It's a scientific fact that their bodies CAN'T handle substances. They get hooked easier and die sooner than other races (except Asians, who have the same genetic intolerance)

Tribes receive billions of dollars . For housing, education you name it. If one is a tribal member getting a house car and subsistence money is not an issue. It's what they do with all that that's the problem. People who believe that the inner cities have it bad should go see some of the reservations. Around here, they are divided into two distinct areas and classes. The day to day drunks and druggie and the ones who used the money given them wisely. There is literally a dividing line between the living areas.

For one rez over 1500 square miles there are 4 police. Just four. The things that go on out there are hair curling. I've seen some bad stuff and heard of far worse. Not all reservations look like the Cherokee. Especially out West. A lot of people in this pipeline protest (both from inside and outside the rez) are there just for something to do. They could care less about the economic and environmental implications.

These are the ones that are the problem. Fueled by drugs and booze they just want to raise Hell. It's the same mentality that happens when inner city neighborhoods riot and loot. Just give them an excuse and they'll justify almost anything. When outside agitators show up things are sure to get ugly. Speaking from experience, many of those people have nothing to lose. They don't figure on being alive much longer anyway, they are that far gone. Inner city people have more hope in their big toe than many rez dwellers have ever had in their whole life.

So why not just die in some protest? Go down swinging, such as it may be. I feel some sympathy, but that's softened by the poor life decisions I see being made. Tribal members get a pretty decent leg up when they turn 18. They get a pretty nice sum of money forked over, have a host of educational opportunities and get preferential consideration for employment. They don't have to stay on the rez, blow the money on a new car and party harty lifestyle that ends up in addiction and squalor. But many do just that.

We're seeing a lot of them at this protest. So my sympathy for their plight is not rock solid. I have a sever distaste of my own for government muscle being flexed on private citizens. However, the actions of many protesters does nothing but let that dog off its chain.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:21 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,396,946 times
Stupid cavepigs do whatever the ruling class tells them to do, even if it is obviously wrong.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:43 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
God bless these brave protesters, I'm mailing them wool blankets and socks this weekend, PM me if you want addresses of where to send supplies to those being assaulted by paramilitary forces from Republican midwestern states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies