Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 10:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I went into a great more detail than what you quoted here. (Sigh) I hate the cherry picking tactic. But I should have expected it. And I never said anything about this being about property rights. All I did was explain in a little more detail what I saw you basing your premise on. Nothing more. I also explained what I see this as being about which is money. Plain and simple. Not spirits of anscestors, burial sites, water quality or whatever.
Then argue that. Don't use my correct argument to argue it.

Quote:
At the bottom of this I'm actually betting that the tribes and the feds have a mutual interest. I don't trust either in their motives. The core of it for me at this point is that it's been settled legally, and the line is going to be built. I'm thinking this "protest" is nothing but extortion under a "spiritual" banner. I'm thinking some sort of payout is for the coming just to get these people to leave. It's pretty simple. Their costing a LOT of money to be layer out with their antjcs. So they get paid off, for less than it would cost if they stay, and it's party time.
It's likely already cost more than it would have cost to move it. It's costing the protesters a lot less than it's costing the pipeline to continue to fight them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 10:09 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I went into a great more detail than what you quoted here. (Sigh) I hate the cherry picking tactic. But I should have expected it. And I never said anything about this being about property rights. All I did was explain in a little more detail what I saw you basing your premise on. Nothing more. I also explained what I see this as being about which is money. Plain and simple. Not spirits of anscestors, burial sites, water quality or whatever.

At the bottom of this I'm actually betting that the tribes and the feds have a mutual interest. I don't trust either in their motives. The core of it for me at this point is that it's been settled legally, and the line is going to be built. I'm thinking this "protest" is nothing but extortion under a "spiritual" banner. I'm thinking some sort of payout is for the coming just to get these people to leave. It's pretty simple. Their costing a LOT of money to be layer out with their antjcs. So they get paid off, for less than it would cost if they stay, and it's party time.
They've raised more on Go-Fund me already than they were trying to get out of the gas company to begin with. Why shouldn't they just keep on causing trouble...... They are making a killing out of this.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
They've raised more on Go-Fund me already than they were trying to get out of the gas company to begin with. Why shouldn't they just keep on causing trouble...... They are making a killing out of this.
It takes a lot of people on their side to raise that kind of money.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Then argue that. Don't use my correct argument to argue it.

It's likely already cost more than it would have cost to move it. It's costing the protesters a lot less than it's costing the pipeline to continue to fight them.
You CAN NOT move it at this point!!!! The fact is.... either it gets completed as is..... or... if by some way the small portion not completed isn't finished you can watch your gas prices SOAR to record level highs to pay for what is done. Plain and simple.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
It takes a lot of people on their side to raise that kind of money.
Or one named Soros leading the pack........

Old 11-25-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You CAN NOT move it at this point!!!! The fact is.... either it gets completed as is..... or... if by some way the small portion not completed isn't finished you can watch your gas prices SOAR to record level highs to pay for what is done. Plain and simple.
We have a huge glut of oil with a major find (said to be possibly the 2nd largest in the world) in Texas. I'm not concerned.

I don't allow $$$$ to determine what is right and wrong either.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Or one named Soros leading the pack........
Boogeyman. This is as bad as and as lame as "Koch".

Old 11-25-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
We have a huge glut of oil with a major find (said to be possibly the 2nd largest in the world) in Texas. I'm not concerned.

I don't allow $$$$ to determine what is right and wrong either.
Oh.... so according to you, it's okay to lay new lines as long as it's in Texas? Or that you don't use fossil fuels at all? See.... argumentative... just for the sake of it.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Oh.... so according to you, it's okay to lay new lines as long as it's in Texas?
I have no idea if it is or not.....that's up to the people of the surrounding areas.

Quote:
Or that you don't use fossil fuels at all? See.... argumentative... just for the sake of it.
I've stated many times in the past that my argument is not about the oil.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:34 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
I have no idea if it is or not.....that's up to the people of the surrounding areas.

I've stated many times in the past that my argument is not about the oil.
Many people's argument is about the oil. The argument that we "all use it" and therefore are hypocrites for protesting against it is because we have a forced dependency on oil. That argument is a non starter. People want alternative energy sources, but our government has to be behind the push to invest in this technology. Leaving it to the "private market" only means one thing: The status quo will remain in place and any attempts to challenge conventional fossil fuels in the "private market" will be squashed by the most wealthy industry in the history of the world.

These people protesting this pipeline across their land and under their water are all in favor of alternative energy sources, you can bet on that. But our Republican led government is fairly clear they are prostitutes of the fossil fuel industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies