Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 08:52 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Too bad they couldn't do the same to those Bundy thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 08:53 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
God bless these brave protesters, I'm mailing them wool blankets and socks this weekend, PM me if you want addresses of where to send supplies to those being assaulted by paramilitary forces from Republican midwestern states.
Lol. Maybe you should haul this logistical support up there yourself. Take a gander at things. I don't support the government here, but, Ummm isn't it all happening under Democrat leadership? Obama is still prez, it's all happening on Dem watch. Always has been.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:04 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
God bless these brave protesters, I'm mailing them wool blankets and socks this weekend, PM me if you want addresses of where to send supplies to those being assaulted by paramilitary forces from Republican midwestern states.
You do them no favors by doing this. Obama could stop it in its tracks if he had wanted to.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:05 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Too bad they couldn't do the same to those Bundy thugs.
Those protesting here should learn the difference.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:06 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times
These protesters are one Georges Soro's dime.

This is exactly why Trump won the election. A bunch of elitist environmentalist fly in from CA, Martha's Vineyard, the Hamptons and try to ruin the livelihoods of some people in fly over country. Then they go back to their day jobs while the food disappears off thousands of dinner tables.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:09 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
These protesters are one Georges Soro's dime.

This is exactly why Trump won the election. A bunch of elitist environmentalist fly in from CA, Martha's Vineyard, the Hamptons and try to ruin the livelihoods of some people in fly over country. Then they go back to their day jobs while the food disappears off thousands of dinner tables.
Actually... the ones that can't stand the ND cold, are being paid to move on to other projects.... Protesting is their job now..... Wonder what they put on their 1040?

Old 11-22-2016, 10:44 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol. Maybe you should haul this logistical support up there yourself. Take a gander at things. I don't support the government here, but, Ummm isn't it all happening under Democrat leadership? Obama is still prez, it's all happening on Dem watch. Always has been.
Maybe you should take your political blinkers off and look at this for what it really is: standing up to environmental catastrophe. This looming disaster knows no political allegiance

Old 11-22-2016, 10:47 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You do them no favors by doing this. Obama could stop it in its tracks if he had wanted to.
No he couldn't, and even if he wanted to I doubt he has the balls to. The protesters are the only ones with those.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:50 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am not against oil. I am not against pipelines. I am against the government using it's muscle for a private business.
It's private property. If they complain to the police, it's their duty to respond.

How do you get around that? Pick and choose based upon whether you like the property owner or refuse to honor any private property rights? Some other option?

Old 11-22-2016, 12:45 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Pipeline already are in place, this is one more. Power struggle, nothing to do with the environment.
That's certainly what the mouth breathing morons who designed the pipeline thought. Where is the containment liner in the trench? Where are the leak sensors? Why did they think they could get away with using ductile iron pipe which erodes easily and springs leaks?

Oil companies are sucking vast fortunes out of the Bakken, but want to build the cheapest, shoddiest pipeline possible. It's not a possibility that the pipeline will leak, it's a certainty. They need to redesign the whole mess and bring it up to a reasonable safety standard. Every service station in America dug up its tanks to install leak containment and sensors. The oil companies can do the same with their pipelines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies