U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 07:11 AM

35,070 posts, read 19,184,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I read that this infrastructure plan will be smoke and mirrors to get some new jobs to kick in to make it appear that there is real economic momentum, but it will be there to deflect from the tax breaks for the rich that will be more of the same trickle down voodoo. When I come across the article, I'll post the link.

Sorry, but by the looks of the way most of his cabinet is shaping up and their ideologies, I do not want them to succeed.
If Trump and Co can get some big projects underway that will benefit the public, then that's what they're supposed to do; act in the public interest.

We'll all know soon enough.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:14 AM

4,285 posts, read 1,395,201 times
I want him to succeed in removing progressive policies and promoting/implementing constitutional focused polices and people in the system.

If he doesn't do such and starts putting in progressive policies, I don't need to wish him to fail, he will fail.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:21 AM

8,006 posts, read 4,178,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You forgot one: Republicans want a Democratic president to fail. And we don't have to guess or make suppositions about that because they stated it outright eight years ago.

And yes, I absolutely want the Trump of the last year on the campaign trail to fail. If he moderates his tone and stops demonizing half the population I may change my mind, but I absolutely wish total failure on the man we have been subjected to thus far as I believe his policies will be detrimental to the world. And I believe most of the world population agrees.
I didn't vote for either of those two idiots, but I will remain as optimistic as I can be.

Of course, since the GOP did everything in their power to stifle Obama, we can likely expect the Dems to do the same. Turnabout it fair play after all. So it's quite likely that Trump won't be able to get much done via Congress. Trump's next move is obvious. Obama ruled by executive order and so will Donald Trump.

Doesn't matter which side is using them, I really don't like the overuse of EO's over the last 50 years or so. There should be much clearer boundaries limiting them or they turn into a blank check to do whatever the sitting president wants to do at a stroke of a pen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or