Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:40 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,037,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
The president shouldn't pursue charges -- congress should... and probably will unless Obama blanket pardons her.
Congress will be have a strong Republican lead so that is a possibility.
Also I don't think it matters what a President says, the Attorney General is ultimately the one who would make the decision. But I suppose since the Attorney General is under the President, the President does have some influence. But my point is, I don't think a President is technically where the decision comes from.

So I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Trump has changed this tone 180, but it is still a possibility that Hillary will be pursued. There still is no official AG appointment I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 08:42 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,902,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You would think the Proggies would be happy about Trump's magnanimous gesture towards Hillary, instead of considering his humane decision a "broken promise".
But it is a broken promise. I do not understand people that condemn others for sticking up for their liar while defending their own.

Quote:
I think this is another example that Trump is a pragmatist and not an ideologue, just as Obama explained recently at a press conference after his meeting with the President-elect. That fact should give the Proggies comfort.
He knew he wouldn't pursue charges when he said it. Many of us noted that it would never happen. Congress won't either. They promised if put back in power they would pursue charges against the IRS.......what happened?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Congress will be have a strong Republican lead so that is a possibility.
There is a zero percent chance that they pursue anything other than their own self interests.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,281,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
In one way it will be nice to just let the Clinton's fade away but in another she got away with it.
She is a rotten, crooked old skank and we all know it. But Trump siccing the DOJ on her would be perceived as political payback, and that's a dangerous road for America to go down.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:48 AM

56,893 posts, read 25,822,100 times
There is nothing to charge her with, Trump should worry about his own foundation being investigated not to mention Bannon, Manafort and others for their dealings with Russia and Ukraine. Trump's IRS investigation is still not closed (assuming he was telling the truth). She is the most investigated person on the face of the earth, Trump was never going to appoint a special prosecutor because there is nothing. That won't fly well with his rabid supporters as we can already see, she is the one person they love to hate and just can't let it go.

Clinton signed ethics agreements with both party leaders prior to signing on as Secretary of State, Trump will have to do the same relative to his foundation and many businesses. The difference is that Trump directly benefits from these properties, please don't tell me it's a blind trust. So moving forward is everyone alright with Trump's answers or is this more of the same.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:49 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,172,333 times
this is all a moot point if Obama pardons Hillary. that would only be for federal charges. i suspect there is more to the story than meets the eye. we do have 3 supposedly separate branches of govt. for a reason...

Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,076,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
it was red meat to his base that was stupid enough to believe he was serious about going after clinton.
The book is not closed on Clinton. Her lawlessness and shady dealings with her scam foundation will cost her a lot of money with lawyers for many years. It will be a strain on her physically as well.
An example must be set for future politicians thinking they can feather their own nests.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:52 AM

12,244 posts, read 6,406,718 times
Quote:
it was red meat to his base that was stupid enough to believe he was serious about going after clinton.
The tables were turned on him when he had to pay $25 million to the 4,000 people he robbed. An admission by Crooked Donald that he`s.....crooked.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
calling trump supporters under educated white males with little to 0 political knowledge isn't an insult, it's a fact. many never bothered to vote before trump came along and most can't even name his policies.
No it isn't. This just makes you look bad, not his supporters.

Quote:
he's a charismatic guy though which is a big draw and he's outside of government which i myself liked.
Because you are uneducated?

Quote:
even the majority of posters in this thread that back trump couldn't tell you a policy from him. they like him because they think he's cool though.
Trump won on the idea that the rest of the field had failed the country. He didn't win on policies. He has none really right now so your point is moot.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,889,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is nothing to charge her with, ...
This is a lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 U.S. Code § 793(f) - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
You are absolutely wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies