Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 11:39 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's all well and good not to throw the old hag in jail, she's not well mentally or physically. But the Clinton Foundation still needs to be dissolved and its assets stripped.
Do you feel the same way about the Trump Foundation and his real estate holdings or is that different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 11:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Trump taking high road. I'm torn on this.
He isn't taking the high road...he's taking the only road he can take.

Trump going after Clinton just brings scrutiny on his own actions and business dealings. Her people will overturn every rock looking for something on him. And after 40 years in business in New York and international real estate, SOMETHING is gonna turn up. He ain't clean...not by a long shot.

So it's in his best interest to let her be.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:44 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Awww, he disappointed all the rubes. They were expecting him to "Lock 'er up!".

Old 11-22-2016, 11:45 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As predicted, Donald Trump will apparently not pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, as in his view 'she has been through enough'. Also, as he neglected to mention, the precedent that he would set by going after her would make him ripe for similar treatment once he leaves the President's job.

Of course Congress could still pursue the matter independent of Trump. Also, Huma Abedin and Cheryl Miller were not mentioned as being included in this proposed amnesty.

I thought the FBI is currently investigating the Clinton Foundation, would this continue?

IMO Trump has to pick his battles in trying to get through the gauntlet of the opposition against him, and I would think he has more important items to address as he becomes president.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:47 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Yet you attempted to explain away Trump's flip-flop. I wonder why.
You are grasping at straws here, you called it a "ploy" and it was because he knew there was no basis for an actual case.

I don't believe either of those to be true, which doesn't mean Im somehow in the tank for Trump or trying to explain things away. I think quite simply he realizes that there are bigger priorities, but this can also be applied to about 1,000,000 other campaign promises made by candidates over the last few hundred years. I've always thought campaigns should be held accountable to false advertising standards and penalties for 90% of what they claim during elections. Trump looked like a deer in headlights after his meeting with Obama, and from what I've heard in other transitions, there is a TON of significant info that a President-Elect finds out that drastically changes their perspective on things. While I don't relish the fact that he is our next POTUS, I'm enthusiastic about him NOT going after her because there is literally nothing for us to gain as a country from that happening. He needs to focus on things that will improve the country as a whole, not prosecute one individual who is now politically dead.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:48 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I thought the FBI is currently investigating the Clinton Foundation, would this continue?

IMO Trump has to pick his battles in trying to get through the gauntlet of the opposition against him, and I would think he has more important items to address as he becomes president.
Trump said he would not pursue it. The FBI is not Donald Trump.

This also helps to relieve the pressure on Obama to pardon Clinton, which could undermine efforts to go after her once Trump takes over the presidency.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:51 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump said he would not pursue it. The FBI is not Donald Trump.
He sold you a bill of goods and when you went back to return the falsely advertised item, he closed up shop and it was too late...deal with it! That is what snake oil salesman do.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:54 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He sold you a bill of goods and when you went back to return the falsely advertised item, he closed up shop and it was too late...deal with it! That is what snake oil salesman do.
He was a snake oil salesmen then and he still is now. Do you think he just stopped selling it all of the sudden? He is still selling it.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:55 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

Hunting down political opponents is not the duty of the President. It was foolish of him to say it during the campaign.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:55 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When this thread started I thought it was relative to the Clinton Foundation but here we are back to the emails. The far right didn't want Loretta Lynch passing judgment so she deferred to Comey, he didn't give them the answer they wanted so here we go again.

He refused to charge her for an obvious crime that others have gone to jail for. All the while Lynch was meeting privately with the husband of the person being investigated.

They are all criminals and so are the democrats that support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies