Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 10:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Fools we should vote PENDING ON THE POLITIC VIEWS NOT LOOKS NOT GENDER,that should not matter to any of you..How can you be so foolish and utterly stupid..
3 words. Low information voters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 10:10 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
3 words. Low information voters

Trump won.

He's a celebrity with high name recognition.

His "policies" meant little or nothing other than a few bold assertions about immigration and jobs.

If a normal dude had run on that platform, he would have been crushed in the primaries.

Obama, while much more intelligent and knowledgeable than Trump, was a "star" after the 2004 convention. He basically was elected because he was a very impressive person, it had little to do with policy.

Low information voters elected Trump, as well as Obama. Tulsi Gabbard is a star in the making. We are a celebrity obsessed culture and she has celebrity potential in addition to military service and political experience.

So, shes potentially qualified, and potentially attractive to low information voters.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:11 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,686,508 times
Liberals will have their candidate in 2020. None other that Kanye West says he will run for president. However if Kanye is stilled detained at Happy Valley they will need to find someone else.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Oh, and take a look at what she had to say about her meeting with Trump:

https://medium.com/@TulsiGabbard/my-...6b5#.jfszpte9t

Points for bashing neocons. She was a major in the Army and served in Iraq.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:21 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Fools we should vote PENDING ON THE POLITIC VIEWS NOT LOOKS NOT GENDER,that should not matter to any of you..How can you be so foolish and utterly stupid..
I have heard many, many times that JFK won because of his good looks and it being the first televised debate,,Nixon's 5 o'clock shadow was very noticeable and it turned people off. I was only 6 years old at the time but I do remember the 5 o'clock shadow and JFK looking so handsome. Unfortunately looks seem to DO count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Liberals will have their candidate in 2020. None other that Kanye West says he will run for president. However if Kanye is stilled detained at Happy Valley they will need to find someone else.
LOL, Dear God! Shall I say I will leave the country??

Old 11-22-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have heard many, many times that JFK won because of his good looks and it being the first televised debate,,Nixon's 5 o'clock shadow was very noticeable and it turned people off. I was only 6 years old at the time but I do remember the 5 o'clock shadow and JFK looking so handsome. Unfortunately looks seem to DO count.

Reagan..Clinton..Obama..Trump. An actor turned politician, a politician who was a major BS artist and great communicator, a relatively inexperienced politician who was a great speaker and personality, and a celebrity with 0 political experience but huge name recognition.

4 of the last 6 Presidents were basically personality before policy.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:17 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Libs need to jump on the Keith Ellison train. That's your ticket right there. If you don't like him, Elizabeth Warren would be a great choice. She is really likeable.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukua View Post
While I hate Donald Trump, and I voted for Clinton, Democrats it's time to get over this loss. Trump is President, and we do need to continue fighting the good fight, but let's also not get in over our heads. Let the Republicans/Conservatives duke it out themselves and deal with him, and also see what Trump brings to the table.

I am tired of seeing so many anti-Trump articles on my Facebook feed and on the internet. I get it, I really do, but it's not helping at all. Instead of focusing on bringing down Trump (didn't help us during the election), I think we should focus on two things:

1. Understanding where things went wrong. We shouldn't have lost Michigan or Wisconsin. But it is becoming clearer why we did. We got too complacent and arrogant, thought we had those easily in the bag, where Clinton paid little to no attention to those states, and Trump campaigned there. We need to learn from those mistakes and start planning for the next election on how we can do better.

2. Finding a really solid candidate for 2020. I really, really like Tulsi Gabbard, and I think she would do a great job and she has a great perspective on key policies. I am not saying she will run, but we need to start looking to see who we can start elevating and what names we should put in the ring. I for one will start to educate my family and friends on Tulsi, I think you should start doing the same for candidates that you think should run.

I feel putting our efforts in being more objective and proactive will prove to be more fruitful. Instead of starting so many anti-Trump threads, and constantly spewing hate we need to start focusing on how we can win in 2020. Stop being sour grapes.

Just my two cents.
So who's the party of hate? I didn't agree with Obama's policies but I didn't feel hate, actually his personality was cool and he had great timing for telling a joke. Naturally since Hillary would have been a continuation of Obama I voted against her but I didn't feel hate.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:21 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukua View Post
I really, really like Tulsi Gabbard
So does Donald.

Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard 'Under Serious Consideration' for Trump Cabinet - ABC News

I wonder what he likes most about her?

Old 11-22-2016, 11:23 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,444,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I didn't agree with Obama's policies but I didn't feel hate.
Uh huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies