U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-22-2016, 11:09 AM
 
26,600 posts, read 9,056,032 times
Reputation: 9263

Advertisements

Low standard liberal policy giving felons jobs to first responders in NYC and illegals in Denver P.D.

WTF are these morons thinking. Citizens who do things right stand at the back of the line as liberal policy to promote diversity takes an unexpected turn to the outhouse of reason. Brought to you by sanctuary city liberal turds.

DOJ fines Denver Sheriff Dept. for excluding noncitizens when hiring | Washington Examiner

Assisted by the dept. of no justice under Obama and AG Lynch.

FDNY hires nine ex-felons amid effort to boost diversity | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2016, 11:28 AM
 
4,491 posts, read 1,669,849 times
Reputation: 1986
The first story is absurd. There's no reason expecting applicants to be citizens should be considered unreasonable.

The seconds story... what? We shouldn't hire any felons ever? Screw up once, you're on your own forever. And if you mess up again, probably because no one will hire you, you go back to jail (because then we make money). C'mon. A guy who got his life together and has clearly worked hard to get somewhere should be able to be hired by the fire department (or anyone) without a tabloid news article being written about it. Get off your moral high horse and look at the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2016, 11:54 AM
 
26,600 posts, read 9,056,032 times
Reputation: 9263
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
The first story is absurd. There's no reason expecting applicants to be citizens should be considered unreasonable.

The seconds story... what? We shouldn't hire any felons ever? Screw up once, you're on your own forever. And if you mess up again, probably because no one will hire you, you go back to jail (because then we make money). C'mon. A guy who got his life together and has clearly worked hard to get somewhere should be able to be hired by the fire department (or anyone) without a tabloid news article being written about it. Get off your moral high horse and look at the real world.
Yeah, silly me. I should have got on the moral low horse and looked at the fantasy world in Happy Valley.

Maybe we can import radical Islamic terrorist to work in the fireworks manufacturing plants or hire them to reload ammo cartridges. Maybe put some diversity in the nuclear plants. Sky is the limit with liberal thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2016, 12:03 PM
 
2,403 posts, read 1,045,156 times
Reputation: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Maybe we can import radical Islamic terrorist to work in the fireworks manufacturing plants or hire them to reload ammo cartridges. Maybe put some diversity in the nuclear plants.
Get back to me if that happens, will you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2016, 12:06 PM
 
16,863 posts, read 8,601,931 times
Reputation: 9680
Heard the calls for diversity in the fire dept recently.. they claim the minority percentage doesnt match pop.percentage.. If only they didnt rely on test scores. Where does it stop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2016, 12:09 PM
 
26,600 posts, read 9,056,032 times
Reputation: 9263
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Get back to me if that happens, will you?
Why do you want to put in your resume ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2016, 12:20 PM
 
26,600 posts, read 9,056,032 times
Reputation: 9263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
you can get a felony for picking up an eagle feather on a hike.

a blanket ban on someone with a felony is an idiotic idea. you go on an individual basis and if they are fine, it shouldnt be an issue.

the denver story is also another bogus clickbait. the sheriff department wasnt fined for hiring illegals. they were fined for not considering people with work visas.

that isn't an illegal. good click bait though.
Are people with work visas citizens ?

It is illegal to have an eagle feather in possession just like it is to have too many fish or the wrong size or many other restrictions placed on wildlife. Unless you are covered under exceptions or permit. Many of the laws were put in place by liberals in environment and wildlife policy.

Funny, the leftist couldn't make out the difference between illegal immigration and immigration but now they want to explain differences on work visas and citizens.

Last edited by phma; 11-22-2016 at 12:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2016, 01:27 PM
 
26,600 posts, read 9,056,032 times
Reputation: 9263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
whats your point?

the point is you can still get a felony for doing things that are meaningless. according to you, a felony means you are a bad person who shouldn't get to do anything in life.

evaluate on a case by case basis, simple as that. and thats something you should even agree on.

regarding the work visas, you already proved you were wrong with that story or just cant comprehend what is not legal and what is.

an illegal is not someone with a work visa. maybe in your mind that is, but not in the real world.
I concede the point on illegal and point out also that the Denver PD is incorrect too. Its the sheriffs dept.

What you are saying is the law is meaningless when you don't agree with it. Get rid of the law on the books if its meaningless and then its not a problem.

Citizens should be given priority over non citizens. Period.

But the point is it opens up liability to the employing agency just as it does currently to privet companies that get sued when they hire felons who reoffend.
Most schools don't hire from the sex offender registry for a janitors job. I wonder why ?

First responders enter privet property routinely. The property owner might want a heads up if they are inviting in a former burglar to case the joint. People generally don't expect a felon to show up when they call for assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2016, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Houston
22,502 posts, read 11,587,556 times
Reputation: 9072
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewby509 View Post
whats your point?

the point is you can still get a felony for doing things that are meaningless. according to you, a felony means you are a bad person who shouldn't get to do anything in life.

evaluate on a case by case basis, simple as that. and thats something you should even agree on.

regarding the work visas, you already proved you were wrong with that story or just cant comprehend what is not legal and what is.

an illegal is not someone with a work visa. maybe in your mind that is, but not in the real world.
I'll bet ya all nine commited a crime against a person or business or it involved drugs.

Last edited by whogo; 11-22-2016 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top