U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 04:55 AM

23,860 posts, read 11,864,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Forest fires happened before humans, caused by lightning. Does that mean humans can't start forest fires?

The fossil and geological record shows that climate change did occur naturally -- but it changed very slowly over long time periods. The current round of global warming over the last 100 years has never occurred so quickly in the known history of the Earth.
So how do you know that's not the new natural?

And I will wait until after January 20 before commenting about what Trump will or will not do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 09:47 AM

15,674 posts, read 6,187,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well, I guess I have to spell it out for you.

On the other hand, why bother?
In order to debate you affectively I have to understand your post.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:57 AM

1,007 posts, read 364,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If true, it's too bad, but not unexpected. Trump didn't run on a platform of small government and freedom.
this. People heard what they wanted to hear from trump. Conservatives are expecting the next Reagan, and liberals the next Hitler.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:18 AM

10,497 posts, read 3,958,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
this. People heard what they wanted to hear from trump. Conservatives are expecting the next Reagan, and liberals the next Hitler.
Conservatives are not expecting anything of the kind. Those conservatives who vote for Trump did so because they really believed that Hillary winning would effectively be the end of our nation. Trump's core of diehard supporters were motivated by their opposition to the Democrat left's war on their culture, their economic well being, and their Constitutionally protected rights and freedoms.

If Trump is steady on the issues that affect these priorities noted above, his diehard hardore base is unlikely to care about any of the rest of his promises or what becomes of them.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:39 PM

10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In order to debate you affectively I have to understand your post.
Trump's supporters took him seriously but not literally. His opponents took him literally but not seriously.

Now plug in any issue you like: climate change, Paris Accords, the wall on the border, etc.

Old 11-25-2016, 01:53 PM

15,674 posts, read 6,187,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump's supporters took him seriously but not literally. His opponents took him literally but not seriously.

Now plug in any issue you like: climate change, Paris Accords, the wall on the border, etc.
That helps. I really did not understand. And thank you, sincerely.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:32 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,145,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
That helps. I really did not understand. And thank you, sincerely.
No problem.

Thank you for giving me the chance to explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or