U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 02:21 PM

1,007 posts, read 366,111 times

Advertisements

progressives (Marxists) rule academia and media. that's how.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 02:28 PM

6,390 posts, read 3,349,398 times
Liberals control most of the media, the education system, popular culture, and the entertainment industry.
They have a vast hold on influencing young minds and adults who don't want to think critically or independently.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:44 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,167,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
True. How do you think the Christian Right keeps people believing that the earth is 10,000 years old? Childhood brainwashing is perfectly legal in the US as long as it's done under the pretense of religion.
As a lifelong atheist and advocate for the scientific method (which, it should be said, is far removed as a concept from Big Science and the practice of *scientism*), I don't find any quarrel with the thought that teaching Creationism above all else is "bad."

But please don't pretend this is the only way the vulnerability of youth is manipulated.

As a member of Generation X, I blame my peers for finally creating a generation (in the 16 to 24 year-old range now) who seek safety over all else, whose expectations will always be higher than reality could possibly provide, who are wholly willing to subvert truth and reality in favor of justice and preference, who are unable to emotionally handle the concept of disappointment or losing. They are ripe for the anti-thought of the Regressive Left.

What I really worry about is their kids. In 30 years (the year 2046) my GF's niece will have an 18-year-old raised by her, and by 2060 the children of today's feckless college SJWs will be *in charge of the country.* What technological terror will dovetail with that eventuality to bring about a future dystopia?

Old 11-23-2016, 03:21 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,491,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why did you open a thread about extreme leftists views being mainstream, and then fail to give any examples of it. ...
Example: As I explained, far left ideology is what deems the more successful parts of the society as oppressive villains, while the poor to be folk heroes. Today in the US the successful villains are the white people according to SJWs. This is reflected in the policies and speeches of Obama, most democratic party politicians and the media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
According to a lot of my immigrant coworkers (some from FSU), we are no where close to what the world considers as "far left".
See what I wrote above. Far left in the last century is about business owners vs workers, in the 21st century it is whites vs blacks (or anyone in/from 3rd world countries).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. Even the US Dems would be considered pretty far right in any other Western country.
Except their hatred towards anyone successful (whites, business owners), that is pushing the class struggle (or race or gender) agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If you think mainstream US liberalism is 'extreme far left', then you probably haven't travelled much (at least to industrialized nations).
The generic Democrat Party would be considered centre-right in most wealthy countries outside the US.
The only thing that the US does that is more 'leftist' than anyone is allowing anyone and everyone to move there.
I have liven in 4 countries, and travelled to another 11 countries so far. Plus talked about their former life with lots of people from another 5-10 countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're NOT mainstream. That they are is a MSM-propagated myth. And that's why Trump won.
MSM is trying to hide it, not propagating it. MSM is part of the far-left.
You should watch the youtube shows of Dave Rubin, who is a classical liberal, how he and his guests debunk far-left. Yes, there are liberals who don't like their demo party being overrun by far left extremists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Vowing to allow an unending stream of illegals into the country is Center Right?
Advocating confused men be allowed to use girl's bathrooms is Center Right?
Responding to every and any criticism with "Racist!" is Center Right?
Speaking of convicted criminals as misunderstood victims is Center Right?
Defining deviancy down is Center Right?
Sure it is.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
After 50 years of transferring trillions of dollars from successful people to poor people poverty and crime have not gotten better. The logical explanation is the Left's strategy isn't working and needs to be ended. So the Left had to invent another cause: racism and discrimination are so rampant that no amount of money can overcome it. Because this makes no logical sense in 2016 (in past times it did prevent non Whites from gaining wealth) the only way to get people to believe it is by teaching it to young minds from age 5 to 25. You also teach them that facts can be racist so they aren't swayed by logical arguments.
bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I'm not opposed to ending failed strategies.
Why aren't we looking at countries with lower crime & poverty rates to see what they (might) be doing right?
What they are doing right is they don't have any peoples with third world origins. See Germany until few years ago, or Japan, or South Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
As a lifelong atheist and advocate for the scientific method (which, it ...
What I really worry about is their kids. In 30 years (the year 2046) my GF's niece will have an 18-year-old raised by her, and by 2060 the children of today's feckless college SJWs will be *in charge of the country.* What technological terror will dovetail with that eventuality to bring about a future dystopia?
Let's hope trump can clean up the education system and the media. In education they could make conditions for federal subsidies: politically neutral communication in classes, ban on pseudo-science education (like critical race theory or women's studies or global justice research), ban on politically biased speaker-bans, and releaseing positive pro-American history books through common core.

Old 11-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
You should watch the youtube shows of Dave Rubin, who is a classical liberal, how he and his guests debunk far-left. Yes, there are liberals who don't like their demo party being overrun by far left extremists.
I've listened to a few Dave Rubin vids. I think it's important to point out the classical liberal aspect -- the belief in free speech and expression, the open marketplace of ideas, individuality and personal responsibility, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me," and "I may disagree with what you say but I'll always defend your right to say it" -- all of which are concepts under direct attack by the Regressive Left

Old 11-23-2016, 04:25 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,888,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Far left is when people are coerced by force (tax, nationalization) and shaming (calling them racist, nazi, xenophobic, evil, indecent, immoral, misoginist ...) into giving up their property, to let their property taken by previously poor groups. 100 years ago in russia it was the working class, now in the USA it is some racial minorities. Property can be income taxation, it can be job or educational opportunities (AA), their country (to 3rd world migrants, aka the neweest proletariat).

Left wants some redistribition by asking, far left demands it and try to aggressively attack and destroy all resistance.

Thanks.
I was born in Hungary, we had 40 years of communisst dictatorship there until 1989. Eastern european people are very familiar with the far left tactics, like shaming people publicly, political correctness (if you dont praise the heroic workers of the country, you are an enemy), confiscation of private businesses, blocking carreers... The old form of communism had the good guy (victim) the working class and the bad guy (oppressor) the business owner. The new type has the bad guy (oppressor) the nationalist native people with their traditions and language, the good guy (victim) the african migrants. MArxism mixed with post-colonialism, post-modernism, reverse racism. But people who lived through full communism, recognize it, that is why 70-98% of eastern europeans refuse to let migrants in. In the USA it is the similar secret agenda of open borders and sanctuary cities, but the same good guy bad guy story. I can recognize the far left both in Europe and in the USA. Western Europe and the US did not live through full communism decades ago, they are trying to build it now. If they fully succeeded (letting in hundreds of millions migrants from 3rd world), this time, the damage would be irreparable. If the culture (table manners, trust-based society, safe neighborhoods, language, common law, continuation of the American culture...) is lost due to non integrating globally-oppressed migrants settling and outnumbering native born people, then the national cohesion and America will be lost forever.
The way it seems to happen normally, is a country tips over in favor of social justice (marxism, communism etc), get their communist dictators, kill millions of people (business owners, epper and middle classes, educated people), then they suffer for several decades (20-70 years) until the economy collapses and turn back to democracy and capitalism. It can be prolonged by external financing. Hungary started taking World Bank loans for living/operating expenses for more than 10 years before the collapse, without that it would have ended by 1979 not 1989. North Korea is subsidized by China as a pet project, otherwise they would be out already. In the past it was only an economic problem (besides the death toll and ruined lives), but after mixing race and post-colonial-guilt into it is PERMANENT destruction of culture and national identity. Communism (and also Islamism) are far worse than other isms invented before.
Epic post. This confirms many of my own conclusions as a multi-generational American of W. European descent about the identity politics American neo-Left, and why Eastern Europeans today often seem so clued in and resistant to leftism. The new Left just seemed like an imported ideology.

Last edited by mtl1; 11-23-2016 at 04:48 PM..

Old 11-23-2016, 05:39 PM

It's 2016 people, it's a brave new world. Well, maybe not so brave, really, but I digress. The new generation is changing the world. See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
How did far-left extreme ideologies became so mainstream?-rights.jpg  

Old 11-23-2016, 06:51 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,491,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
It's 2016 people, it's a brave new world. Well, maybe not so brave, really, but I digress. The new generation is changing the world. See attachment.
It was almost exactly like this exactly 100 years ago in Russia.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:03 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,534,996 times
What I don't get is how did the right wing become champions of populism and economic nationalism while the left, at least the mainstream left, become the party of globalization, open borders, Wall St. and mega corporations like in Silicon Valley. It's as though all it takes to be in the Democratic party is to engage in mostly virtue signaling identity politics.
As far as economics goes they've all but left the working class. My theory is that they appeal to their donors who bank off the more globalized economy.

How the left champions someone like Hillary is beyond me? Especially when her husband was beating back hordes of World Bank/GTO anti-globalization protestors in Seattle of '99.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
...while the left, at least the mainstream left, become the party of globalization, open borders, Wall St. and mega corporations like in Silicon Valley...
Pays better.
Quote:
As far as economics goes they've all but left the working class.
Don't need em anymore.
Quote:
How the left champions someone like Hillary is beyond me? Especially when her husband was beating back hordes of World Bank/GTO anti-globalization protestors in Seattle of '99.
It is very interesting how things swing. Trump the campaigner 2015/2016 had a similar message Re: immigration to what Bill Clinton / DNC 1995 was saying. My high school girlfriend, a lifelong leftist, used to rail against "America First" stuff in 1992/1993, while nowadays, ever the leftist (Bernie supporter), she is all about buying American, slagging cheap Wal-Mart Chinese crap and companies that off-shore, economic isolationism, ditching NAFTA and TPP, etc. She was very anti-globalism, anti-Hillary, but of course ended up voting for Hillary who is a Globalist and is devastated by Trump's election even though one of his many campaign promises (that won't come to pass) concerned walking away from TPP or even rescinding NAFTA.

Mad world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies