U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 03:58 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,163,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What I don't get is how did the right wing become champions of populism and economic nationalism while the left, at least the mainstream left, become the party of globalization, open borders, Wall St. and mega corporations like in Silicon Valley. It's as though all it takes to be in the Democratic party is to engage in mostly virtue signaling identity politics.
As far as economics goes they've all but left the working class. My theory is that they appeal to their donors who bank off the more globalized economy.

How the left champions someone like Hillary is beyond me? Especially when her husband was beating back hordes of World Bank/GTO anti-globalization protestors in Seattle of '99.
It's all about the non-white Third World becoming the new "proletariat" for leftists and Democrats.

They decided that all white people -- even the poor and oppressed ones -- are evil racists.

Of course, it didn't hurt that such a change in attitude perfectly suited their elitist and globalist economic interests.

Anyone who believes that the Democrats and leftists are for workers and poor people hasn't been paying attention.

They make Republicans look like compassionate social workers by comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 04:24 AM

12,403 posts, read 3,894,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's all about the non-white Third World becoming the new "proletariat" for leftists and Democrats.

They decided that all white people -- even the poor and oppressed ones -- are evil racists.

Of course, it didn't hurt that such a change in attitude perfectly suited their elitist and globalist economic interests.

Anyone who believes that the Democrats and leftists are for workers and poor people hasn't been paying attention.

They make Republicans look like compassionate social workers by comparison.
Yes and the sad part is it's questionable if a majority of whites see this reality or even care, leave alone non-whites who are increasing in number as democrat party members. Are we just destine to whatever the leftist and globalist want to do to us?

Old 11-24-2016, 04:43 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,163,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes and the sad part is it's questionable if a majority of whites see this reality or even care, leave alone non-whites who are increasing in number as democrat party members. Are we just destine to whatever the leftist and globalist want to do to us?
White kids are brainwashed by their liberal/left teachers to hate themselves and other white people -- not personally, but generally speaking.

They're like the Jews in Nazi Germany.

In total denial until it's too late.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:28 AM

6,405 posts, read 3,356,515 times
I think for the younger liberals so much of politics for them is mixed up with lifestyle and popular culture.
They are saturated with messages from the entertainment Industry and popular culture that
It's just not cool to be a republican -- hey, they're all racists, homophobes, islamophobes, and mysoginosts.

So they dismiss any opposing views or ideas. Their critical thinking skills are flaccid.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:46 AM

16,941 posts, read 11,822,268 times
they became mainstream because these ideas were used as political weapons. Could not happpend w/o the media propaganda machine and portals of social justice, formerly called schools, backing the democrats. Lying has become an accepted standard practice by elected official who suffer no consequence..that to the media and press covering for them.

Many of the issues used were composed of emotions, the best way to fight facts when you run out of facts.

Prejudiced attitudes, uninformed and flat out ignorant voters in terms of current events.

WW2 vets dying off and two generations down being oblivious to anything beyond their 'devices' which are the new 'vices'.

Transgender bathrooms the perfect example of emotion in a death match with facts.

Secularism and lawyers needing jobs are the final ingredients. Good model for the elimination of sanctuary cities by the way. Sue a city into submission under threat of bankruptcy.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:59 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,495,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Yes, totally agree that they are obsessed with this.

What is shocking is most liberals don't know that their party is driven by these things. In their minds the Demo party is all about care and healthcare for them and their middleclass gay friends.
When I tell one of them in person that the demo party wants to let in millions of the most savage economic migrants to destroy the western culture as they hate the "bourgeois" west, they think I'm stupid. There seems to be 2 groups of liberals, the ones who do the action and create the propaganda, and the mislead voter base. Just the first group should be taken out by Trump, and our way of life could be saved.
Left elite's hatred for the west should be exposed and emotionally (not just logically) propagandized. The problem is a lot of people just don't want to believe that their heroes hate them.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:16 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,171,718 times
The mind cancer I described earlier in this thread as the Regressive Left definitely isn't known to all Democrats or all liberals or even all leftists, but it's growing and expanding and everyone should be aware and should actively decry it.

My girlfriend, a 43 year old Democrat, had no idea. She got a quick lesson in it recently (and has continued to learn)... I'll just quote myself since I've already posted about it:
Quote:
This was driven home to my girlfriend a little while ago. I had been studying this phenomenon a while longer but she was oblivious and thought "political correctness" was just that silly "vertically challenged" stuff we laughed at in the early 90s. Anyway, we had her 18 year old niece (who is in her first year of college) over for supper and to hang out one night. We thought we'd watch the first 3 episodes of the new show "Atlanta" that we had DVRed -- it's Donald Glover's new show, where he conceived of, wrote, and produced it. I enjoyed him in Community and Atlanta was getting decent reviews and we thought it would be enjoyable.

But no. Turns out that would be Cultural Appropriation. Dear niece explained to us that we're trying to appropriate a show that is FUBU (For Us By Us, meaning people of color), and she wasn't going to stand for it. It's not FOR us whities, so we have no right to watch it. We'd be enjoying art produced by people of color without paying the wages of being people of color. Wed be using our supremacy to loot another culture, again. She wishes there was some way to out and out PREVENT us from being able to watch that show (we ended up watching and enjoying it days later without her).

My girlfriend, who is very respectful of other cultures and has always prided herself on her exposure to and appreciation for them, was taken aback and clearly hadn't really been exposed to this. She tried to reason with her niece but there is NO reasoning with this line of thinking. It's Settled Social Science. The niece took it upon herself to instruct us on the way the world works since we're such provincial neophytes. All this from six weeks of college. The rest of the evening was crap. Apparently I'm so full of privilege (white, cis, het, male, able, thin, educated, neurotypical, well, etc.) I should just kill myself, and my girlfriend, the niece's aunt, is suffering under my mad patriarchal oppression skills.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:53 PM

5,924 posts, read 2,835,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
How did far-left extreme ideologies became so mainstream?
You mean healthcare for everyone, being concerned about man made global warming, and desiring for all people to have equal rights and pay?

Fact is every high ranking industrialized country believes and does those things (while republicans believe these things are part of a communist conspiracy plot.)

Quote:
What we can call neo-Marxism, made of Marxism, post-modernism, intersectionality, critical race theory.
Recently around the latest election, lots of democratic party supporters and mainstream media keep making judgements about non-left people based on this ideology. We had Judeo-Christian moral system for more than 2 thousand years, but since the late 1980's we have this poisonous combination of ideologies that is basically a complete set of morality, that is very different than the mentioned Judeo-Christian morality. For example people openly make statements about people and events, make reasoning with the premise of "white privilege". The "white privilege" was invented by ideologues to base demands for wealth transfer. This "white privilege" and statements about "oppression" are really a faux-premise, to fit the demands. In reality some ethnic groups are less able to generate a lot of wealth of their own, being the reason for the same group of having lower average income than the rest of the country. But we cannot say this due to political correctness, so they invented another reason for the ethnic income gap, basically blaming white people for it, they call it white privilege, systemic racism... This way people don't have to blame themselves for their own failures, but they can blame other, more successful people instead. Then there is the democratic party who volunteers to help these ethnic groups with their problems, pushes more policies and accusations of racism. The facts of difference in abilities, was replaced (in politics and media) with difference in circumstances. Result was replaced with cause, upside down. This whole thing seems to be a scam to me, but it became mainstream. The interested parties in upholding this scam are the supposed victims, and the generous virtue signaling helpers (white liberals wanting to look like saint Mary), and politicians who can exploit this. People publish complete thesis works in form of books, make professor careers, all out of the same lies. I am a white guy, I grew up very poor in a poor country (poor even in local standards there), but now being quiet successful here in the US. I had no privilege of any kind. When people are referring to WP they are basically discrediting my tremendous efforts that I have put into my own self-development, and insulting me as racist.
White Americans disproportionately make up most of our government officials, judges, millionaires, and billionaires. And white Americans make higher wages and are harassed less by police.

The above sure sounds like a privileged group to me, or would you call it white power instead?

Quote:
How this scam is not proven enough yet that many people could understand it?

After the latest election, all of us who didn't support the above mentioned scam (democratic party campaign, and candidate promising the continuation of the scam), are labelled racist and other xxxxist. If I don't volunteer to be robbed while insulted in the same time, I/we get even more insults.
The only scam going on is the large corporations that control the republican party manipulated republicans to vote for supply side tax cuts and corporate deregulation.

Trumps tax cuts will increase middle class Americans after tax income by 1.5% and then raise the richest 0.1% of Americans after tax income by 14.2%. And then Trumps tax cuts will raise taxes on many single parent families.

Forbes Welcome

And republicans voted to do things like abolish the EPA so the large corporations that finance the republicans can release more pollution and increase their corporate profits (and then our children get higher cancer rates.)

Old 11-28-2016, 05:11 PM

7,148 posts, read 7,973,160 times
the left have never been weaker as they have long given up the economic idealogical war , these days they bat for the george soros figures ( open borders etc ) who are of course arch capitalists who want open borders so as to drive down wages

the left is concerned about trivial issues like whether a bathroom should be open to both sexes , only far right loons believe the left pose any threat today when it comes to economic matters and if the hard right are upset with the left over open borders , the ultra wealthy support open borders , the left are idiots for the most part but harmless ones for the most part , they are indeed very annoying however

Old 11-28-2016, 05:14 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,171,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
You mean healthcare for everyone, being concerned about man made global warming, and desiring for all people to have equal rights and pay?
Nope.

I won't speak for the other poster (since it's that person's thread), but that is not what I personally mean. Although I'll say briefly that the idea of 'equal pay for everyone' is pretty far left... but I digress.

I mean the kind of thinking that says all men are sexist, all white people are racist, and all cishet people are transphobic... being born white, cis, or male is wrong, members of those groups oppress others just by existing, there's no such thing as racism, cisphobia, or sexism against those groups, and no member of those groups should ever opine on any of those issues... academic freedom should be usurped in favor of academic justice... not using a person's arbitrarily chosen pronouns is aggression, giving a contrary opinion on anything is hate speech, and words are violence... attraction biases make you a fat-shaming, ableist, racist... everyone is defined by the group average they belong to... enjoying another culture's dance, language, yoga, or cuisine is cultural appropriation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies