Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 12:31 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is the great mystery of our time. It's understandable that some groups have pushed this worldview, but how did it go mainstream and become so dominant? How did so many, mainly white, people by into an ideology that demonized them? At least now it seems like many are stepping back and looking at the question.
Public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 12:33 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
How did far-left extreme ideologies became so mainstream?
They're NOT mainstream. That they are is a MSM-propagated myth. And that's why Trump won.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:35 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. Even the US Dems would be considered pretty far right in any other Western country.
Correct.

Bill Maher was right when he said, "we don't really have a progressive or liberal party in the US. We basically have a center-right party (the Democrats) and then we have a crazy party (the Republicans).

Old 11-23-2016, 12:42 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Correct.

Bill Maher was right when he said, "we don't really have a progressive or liberal party in the US. We basically have a center-right party (the Democrats) and then we have a crazy party (the Republicans).
Vowing to allow an unending stream of illegals into the country is Center Right?

Advocating confused men be allowed to use girl's bathrooms is Center Right?

Responding to every and any criticism with "Racist!" is Center Right?

Speaking of convicted criminals as misunderstood victims is Center Right?

Defining deviancy down is Center Right?

Sure it is.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:44 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
The generic Democrat Party is a dead and gone landscape.

I am old enough to remember when the Dems were sane. Their platform these days is mostly centered on a bizarre mix of identity politics and a demonizing of rich people i.e. the 2 Pillars of Self-Hatred.

If you cannot discern the difference between the Obama Administration and that of Bill Clinton, well ...
I was 2 years old when Bill was first president lol.

Still, the fixation on identity politics is something I associate more with the fringe left. Most mainstream leftists I know are simply wanting to end the failed war on drugs, not get involved in every war, implement universal health care, and not let reproductive rights get chipped away.

When it comes to 'safe spaces', toilet usage, open borders, etc -- that's coming from the very vocal fringe minority.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I was 2 years old when Bill was first president lol.

Still, the fixation on identity politics is something I associate more with the fringe left. Most mainstream leftists I know are simply wanting to end the failed war on drugs, not get involved in every war, implement universal health care, and not let reproductive rights get chipped away.

When it comes to 'safe spaces', toilet usage, open borders, etc -- that's coming from the very vocal fringe minority.
Yes it is quite clear you have no personal recollection of Bill Clinton and the sanity he represented.

The Fringe Left is now the Democratic Party. Accept it.

If you yearn (I do!) for a more sane or Center Right Democratic Party, then work for one. First things first. Accept what they have become.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:57 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Vowing to allow an unending stream of illegals into the country is Center Right?
Absolutely. It undercuts wages and therefore helps Big Business. Big Business prefers center-right policies.

Quote:
Advocating confused men be allowed to use girl's bathrooms is Center Right?
Nobody cares all that much about this issue except for the Religious Right. It shouldn't even be a political issue considering the massive economic problems we are facing.

Quote:
Responding to every and any criticism with "Racist!" is Center Right?
Pointing out racism is center-right. Racism isn't acceptable in the modern workplace or in modern society. If you're accused of racism with every criticism you make, perhaps some introspection is in order.

Quote:
Speaking of convicted criminals as misunderstood victims is Center Right?
Quite a few people turn to crime in desperate situations. Some have addictions to drugs and steal money to get the drugs that keep them from life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Others can't find work and turn to crime to survive. Centrist policies in other industrialized countries help ensure that the economy works to the benefit of everyone, and not just for a few billionaires. Centrist education policies make sure that poor areas get as much public education funding as wealthy areas.

Crime is not solved by punitive measures alone.

Quote:
Defining deviancy down is Center Right?
Normal people don't fear those who are perceived to be different. "Deviancy" seems to be an obsession on the Religious Right.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Absolutely. It undercuts wages and therefore helps Big Business. Big Business prefers center-right policies.

Nobody cares all that much about this issue except for the Religious Right. It shouldn't even be a political issue considering the massive economic problems we are facing.

Pointing out racism is center-right. Racism isn't acceptable in the modern workplace or in modern society. If you're accused of racism with every criticism you make, perhaps some introspection is in order.

Quite a few people turn to crime in desperate situations. Some have addictions to drugs and steal money to get the drugs that keep them from life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Others can't find work and turn to crime to survive. Centrist policies in other industrialized countries help ensure that the economy works to the benefit of everyone, and not just for a few billionaires. Centrist education policies make sure that poor areas get as much public education funding as wealthy areas.

Crime is not solved by punitive measures alone.

Normal people don't fear those who are perceived to be different. "Deviancy" seems to be an obsession on the Religious Right.
Exhibits 1 through 6 on why the Marxist aka Democratic Party lost the election.

But I reckon Ellison and Pelosi will engineer a Renaissance.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:09 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ok, now I know you don't know what the words mean.
Word smithing is the tool of the progressive, and we know what you are.

Old 11-23-2016, 01:11 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Cultural and social regression, what I call the Regressive Left (also known as Social Justice, SJWs, or euphemistically as Poltical Correctness), is shifting gradually from the radical to the vanguard to the mainstream. It's a multi-generational progression. Kids.

If you search my posts with the word "Regressive" in them you'll get a pretty good picture of this highly illiberal, anti-intellectual movement, with numerous examples and explorations of it.

Other places to get a good education in what this is all about:

Reddit
Twitter
Wiki
  • Social Justice Wiki (this site is actually pro-Social Justice but per reverse Poe's Law serves just as well for those opposed to it)
  • Horseshoe Theory (I post this because I think it's important to start to understand the correlation between the Regressive Left and right-wing extremists, in terms of the racism, the segregationism, and the venom each represents in its own way -- there's a great example of that HERE)

Youtube Channels
College Watch
A Couple Recommended Videos

Last edited by Nepenthe; 11-23-2016 at 01:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies