U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 05:42 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,497,473 times

Advertisements

How did far-left extreme ideologies became so mainstream?

What we can call neo-Marxism, made of Marxism, post-modernism, intersectionality, critical race theory.
Recently around the latest election, lots of democratic party supporters and mainstream media keep making judgements about non-left people based on this ideology. We had Judeo-Christian moral system for more than 2 thousand years, but since the late 1980's we have this poisonous combination of ideologies that is basically a complete set of morality, that is very different than the mentioned Judeo-Christian morality. For example people openly make statements about people and events, make reasoning with the premise of "white privilege". The "white privilege" was invented by ideologues to base demands for wealth transfer. This "white privilege" and statements about "oppression" are really a faux-premise, to fit the demands. In reality some ethnic groups are less able to generate a lot of wealth of their own, being the reason for the same group of having lower average income than the rest of the country. But we cannot say this due to political correctness, so they invented another reason for the ethnic income gap, basically blaming white people for it, they call it white privilege, systemic racism... This way people don't have to blame themselves for their own failures, but they can blame other, more successful people instead. Then there is the democratic party who volunteers to help these ethnic groups with their problems, pushes more policies and accusations of racism. The facts of difference in abilities, was replaced (in politics and media) with difference in circumstances. Result was replaced with cause, upside down. This whole thing seems to be a scam to me, but it became mainstream. The interested parties in upholding this scam are the supposed victims, and the generous virtue signaling helpers (white liberals wanting to look like saint Mary), and politicians who can exploit this. People publish complete thesis works in form of books, make professor careers, all out of the same lies. I am a white guy, I grew up very poor in a poor country (poor even in local standards there), but now being quiet successful here in the US. I had no privilege of any kind. When people are referring to WP they are basically discrediting my tremendous efforts that I have put into my own self-development, and insulting me as racist.

How this scam is not proven enough yet that many people could understand it?

After the latest election, all of us who didn't support the above mentioned scam (democratic party campaign, and candidate promising the continuation of the scam), are labelled racist and other xxxxist. If I don't volunteer to be robbed while insulted in the same time, I/we get even more insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 05:56 PM

10,759 posts, read 4,436,458 times
This is the great mystery of our time. It's understandable that some groups have pushed this worldview, but how did it go mainstream and become so dominant? How did so many, mainly white, people by into an ideology that demonized them? At least now it seems like many are stepping back and looking at the question.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:11 PM

13,717 posts, read 5,529,326 times
There are no viable far-left movements in the US.

Ms. Clinton was center-right by global metrics of "left vs. right."

Old 11-22-2016, 08:18 PM

4,418 posts, read 1,891,220 times
???? What is far left to you? Your title is very inaccurate. I cannot read your text. Break it down and make it easier to read. Although, I don't think there is much of substance so - never mind. Have a good night and don't let the liberal extremists bite.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:23 PM

9,037 posts, read 4,127,366 times
The Internet has given a voice to people who previously were outside the realm of mainstream politics. It's the same thing as the alt-right. How did we get to the point where people idolizing Hitler and his worldview gets mainstream attention?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:28 PM

2,500 posts, read 1,430,564 times
I guess when you're WAY OUT on the right people center seem like leftists to you. They aren't but you've convinced yourself of it.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:30 PM

1,652 posts, read 792,938 times
public schools, colleges and Hollywood celebritys. Possibly the media too.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:32 PM

2,852 posts, read 2,972,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There are no viable far-left movements in the US.

Ms. Clinton was center-right by global metrics of "left vs. right."
Most of the world is 2 steps from Stalin too.

How did it happen, pervasive expansion into media and academia.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:35 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,173,603 times
Simple: kids

If you start young enough, you can convince anybody of anything.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:35 PM

10,759 posts, read 4,436,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I cannot read your text.
Yes, you can.
Quote:
Although, I don't think there is much of substance so - never mind.
Read things first. Think. Then decide whether or not there is substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies