Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 08:49 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
So it's ok for you to lift your noses at these people, even though you're doing the same thing [renting and not building equity]. Talk about being a hypocrite. And you act as if the people you're responding to in this thread are all poor hipsters living 20 to an apartment. I own my own property. And my car is paid off. And my grad school. Sorry you didn't make it here in CA and are whining about it before you go run back home to assuage your bruised ego and blame your failure on the state.

You're seriously delusional. People literally come on the CA forum just to talk trash about the area from out of state. Just look at the VERY FIRST response to this thread.
I am talking about the people who don't have the common sense or the decency to self reflect before bashing someone in flyover country. It's not about being a hypocrite you dolt. I am renting myself but I don't think of myself as a paragon of virtue for simply living in CA. And I am doing fine in CA myself. I own my own car and my student debts are paid off. I have a great job. All I am missing is the home and then I can act like the elitist SOB that you and others in CA forum like to do.

And the first response in this thread was to a thread started by another elitist fool who titled his thread CA vs Trumpland. If that is not dumb elitism then I don't know what is.

Clearly your reading comprehension is lacking so please just don't engage, you're just going to muck up this thread with more ramblings about how great you are for living in CA vs a dude out in Podunk.

Get over yourself, for your own sake.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:58 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
Make 140K in SanFran, pay 800K for 800sqft apartment.

Make 70k in Merica, pay 250k for 2100sqft home, 20acres, barn, pond, toys, etc.

Lefties have trouble with return on value it seems. Making more but having less is a concept that kind of escapes them.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

Lefties have trouble with return on value it seems. Making more but having less is a concept that kind of escapes them.

Well they turn it around and act as though they're Buddhist monks relinquishing all material possessions for cool vibes, weather and "culture". They think you can keep your McMansion, your trucks, your land, your assets, your savings, your higher purchasing power, your lower taxes, etc. they have cool vibes in 70 degree weather and they get to be around like minded individuals how are also paying out the nose for a shack.

They can say what they want they can't objectively quantify why it's better to live in coastal CA, they just rely on things they can't really tangibly quantify. Unless of course they can actually afford the high life, then I'll give it to them. If they make over 250k, own a home in a desirable area, etc. Sure. But the rest, especially a hipster drudging it and turning his nose up at others in his home state, nah.

Notice the resident CA stooge HippityHop who took to the low road and insisted that I am just bitter cus I haven't made it but that's not the point. I am not railing on the state but on the people who can't self reflect and learn to just enjoy the state on it's own merit. They have to or nay need to put other states down for their own enjoyment.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:11 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
What the heck? There are trailer parks in CA. Don't be dumb.
Have you not seen this poster's work before? It's a little late for that "don't be dumb" stuff.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Have you not seen this poster's work before? It's a little late for that "don't be dumb" stuff.
LOL. Yes. I even think there are, if I am not mistaken, trailer parks in Malibu.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:22 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

All comes down to the Middle Class Family could not even get a flat in SF froe less than 4K .

For all of the nice numbers California has forgotten the many and woman who makes things go!

Old 11-23-2016, 09:22 PM

36,656 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Well they turn it around and act as though they're Buddhist monks relinquishing all material possessions for cool vibes, weather and "culture".
You mean single people in their 20s-30s?

Quote:
They think you can keep your McMansion, your trucks, your land, your assets, your savings, your higher purchasing power, your lower taxes, etc.
Yeah eventually most people regardless of their political stripes gets married and builds wealth, right?

I dont understand your pitting 2 groups against each other when they are really the same group, only at different stages.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You mean single people in their 20s-30s?

Yeah eventually most people regardless of their political stripes gets married and builds wealth, right?

I dont understand your pitting 2 groups against each other when they are really the same group, only at different stages.
No, because a lot of the times in middle America people get married younger and start life younger. So one 20-30 year old could still be trudging it out in the big coastal city while the other is doing all the things I listed.

The COL is lower and the economic climate more favorable to get started on building one's life.

It's also the demographic that most buys into the whole 'other' mentality thinking that middle America is all dumb for doing such horrid things as *gasp* having kids and buying McMansions. I was just using them as an example of the lunacy and lack of self reflection among young liberals in coastal cities. I wasn't exactly singling anyone out in this thread.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
All comes down to the Middle Class Family could not even get a flat in SF froe less than 4K .

For all of the nice numbers California has forgotten the many and woman who makes things go!
All you have to do is read a few threads in the CA forum to understand the way they think about working people. They think if they can't make it then leave because CA doesn't owe you anything even if you have lived for generations in the state. The state is now for transplants working in tech sipping Mai Tais on the beach.

Some even say that they're purging the state of the undesirables. I chit you not. They mock AZ, TX, UT, and CO for taking all the people they spit out.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:30 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times
Quote:
What the heck? There are trailer parks in CA. Don't be dumb.
Yes, there are trailer parks all over CA.

There's a bit of everything in CA, all types of cities and all types of people. There's poor people, rich people, middle class people, conservative people, humble people, stuck up people, farmers, economists, everything.
There are even rich Mexicans, many here in San Diego (gasp! For all of the arrogant, elitist posters).

There's all types of cities and people in CA. My family comes from a humble, farmworking backgrounds and they managed to move into the upper middle class relatively quickly through hard work and education. They are engineers (four in the family), consultants, postmasters, real estate agents, biologists, human resource directors, psychologists, and many other things, and they are Mexican.

And, there's nothing wrong with people being janitors or landscapers. Only idiots would belittle hard working people and make fun of them for their profession. One of my classmates from UCSD, his father had a landscaping business and was able to save to put him through college.

What a**holes you see on the internet, seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies