U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 09:31 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,889,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
All you have to do is read a few threads in the CA forum to understand the way they think about working people. They think if they can't make it then leave because CA doesn't owe you anything even if you have lived for generations in the state. The state is now for transplants working in tech sipping Mai Tais on the beach.

Some even say that they're purging the state of the undesirables. I chit you not. They mock AZ, TX, UT, and CO for taking all the people they spit out.
We in AZ see Ca. Tags more everyday?

Old 11-23-2016, 09:34 PM

14,376 posts, read 7,715,063 times
Quote:
I am talking about the people who don't have the common sense or the decency to self reflect before bashing someone in flyover country. It's not about being a hypocrite you dolt. I am renting myself but I don't think of myself as a paragon of virtue for simply living in CA. And I am doing fine in CA myself. I own my own car and my student debts are paid off. I have a great job. All I am missing is the home and then I can act like the elitist SOB that you and others in CA forum like to do.

And the first response in this thread was to a thread started by another elitist fool who titled his thread CA vs Trumpland. If that is not dumb elitism then I don't know what is.

Clearly your reading comprehension is lacking so please just don't engage, you're just going to muck up this thread with more ramblings about how great you are for living in CA vs a dude out in Podunk.

Get over yourself, for your own sake.
The majority of the worst offenders are simply full of ****, we've got one person in particular in here who works 29 hours a day trying to convince everyone of CA's superiority... everyone including themself.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:34 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,546,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We in AZ see Ca. Tags more everyday?
Yeah, according to them, those are the "undesirables" who couldn't cut in CA and deserved to be purged. They laugh about it over in the CA forum.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:37 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,546,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The majority of the worst offenders are simply full of ****, we've got one person in particular in here who works 29 hours a day trying to convince everyone of CA's superiority... everyone including themself.
Wow. They must get their sense of self worth from the state itself. That is the only way I can figure it out. They base their accomplishments on just living in CA. Sometimes they're living well, but if so why bother gloating? Enjoy life. If they're not then they use the state as some sort of crutch.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, according to them, those are the "undesirables" who couldn't cut in CA and deserved to be purged. They laugh about it over in the CA forum.
If you dig deep you quickly realize those people are mostly liars. There used to be some cat lady living in a dingy apartment who always talked about Palo Alto like it was Oz and Heaven at the same time but she couldn't afford her electric bill.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Wow. They must get their sense of self worth from the state itself. That is the only way I can figure it out. They base their accomplishments on just living in CA. Sometimes they're living well, but if so why bother gloating? Enjoy life. If they're not then they use the state as some sort of crutch.
Most aren't living nearly as well as they claim, especially the ones in this thread. You don't share time between a crappy Oakland CA apartment and Zurich, total bull****.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:42 PM

32,377 posts, read 55,190,768 times
Quote:
No, because a lot of the times in middle America people get married younger and start life younger. So one 20-30 year old could still be trudging it out in the big coastal city while the other is doing all the things I listed.
But if those unmarried coastal people are in college or grad school( which absolutely tends to be the case), they are putting off the things you listed until they get a high paying job after graduation.

Quote:
The COL is lower and the economic climate more favorable to get started on building one's life.
Except Ive already shown that California is home to 3 of the 10 top metros for upward mobility. Most of the Top 10 are on the west or east coast.

Quote:
It's also the demographic that most buys into the whole 'other' mentality thinking that middle America is all dumb for doing such horrid things as *gasp* having kids and buying McMansions. I was just using them as an example of the lunacy and lack of self reflection among young liberals in coastal cities. I wasn't exactly singling anyone out in this thread.
You care way too much what people you dont know think. Who cares?

Old 11-23-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Most aren't living nearly as well as they claim, especially the ones in this thread. You don't share time between a crappy Oakland CA apartment and Zurich, total bull****.
Haha I havent said anything about myself. Not a single thing. You have become unhinged about where I'm located.

How bizarre.

LOL I mean really, bizarre.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha I havent said anything about myself. Not a single thing. You have become unhinged about where I'm located.

How bizarre.

LOL I mean really, bizarre.
Don't get upset, I can't be the only person to call you out on being a liar.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:47 PM

So long as you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies